1/24 Aoshima MGB 'Scrapper'

Just finished this one to go with my Beetle rustbug :) Eventually both will occupy a scrap yard diorama...

Excellent little kit with brilliant detail and fit, painted in AK Interactive 3rd gen acrylics and AK heavy chipping fluid + AK crusted rust enamels to finish.

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 20

41 minutes ago, MR2Don said:

but it's disgusting that somebody would let a "B" get into that state!

Cheaper to throw them away than fix them back in the day....

Cracking weathering job Matt, you need to build another 'post restoration' now....!! :)

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a great little kit. I finished mine in baby blue and also have the rubber bumper version. Well done 👍 

• Thanks 1

Very nice job indeed... looks like a decent barn find... Though following on the above theme, I'd have thought those nice new looking dashboard instruments would have made their way to an autojumble long before it got into that state!

best,

M.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MR2Don said:

Just had to have a follow-up chuckle. So many posts here discuss the various techniques used to present an immaculate paint finish - this one is the exact opposite!

I love the 'factory'finish some guys are able to get on their models, and the sheer hard work it takes to perfect such a finish. However I just prefer more 'character' if that is the right word, and love the look of rust and hard wear (unless it is my own 'real' car of course!).  The more I get into vehicle modelling the more I see myself sliding to the 'dark' and rusty side :) 

I love this rusty look, but can’t bring myself to hurt a classic like that! I think you’ve got just the right amount of rust, so it looks salvageable. Great finish on the soft top, the slight mould / mossy look adds an extra layer of realism 

• Thanks 1