Italeri 1/48 Hawker Hurricane Mk.I

My next project is complete, the unsung hero of Britain (and the answer to your initiation question), Italeri's 1/48 Hawker Hurricane Mk.I (Battle of Britain Edition).  This kit was okay, the detail was adequate, a simpler build compared to what i've done lately but every now and then we need an easier kit.spacer.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Franz75 said:

Nice one, I'm planning to build it.  How was the kit?

It's average, not highly detailed and not too difficult, good as a buffer kit between more advanced stuff.  It might be slightly overpriced, but that might have just been my local hobby store overcharging.

6 hours ago, Franz75 said:

Nice one, I'm planning to build it.  How was the kit?

Depends what you want out of a model. 

As can be seen, it builds up OK,   

But also Classic Italeri, full of stupid errors.   If you want a decent Hurricane Mk.I in 1/48th,  there are better options, either the 2015 Airfix or the Hasegawa.   

I call it a 'where's wally' kit,  the more you look, the more glitches you find. 

see here for what I found so far. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234935596-sea-hurricane-148-italeri/&tab=comments#comment-1390213

Though, the future hold out that Arma Hobby are going to be out Hurricane salvation in 1/48th as well as in 1/72nd. 

5 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

Depends what you want out of a model. 

As can be seen, it builds up OK,   

But also Classic Italeri, full of stupid errors.   If you want a decent Hurricane Mk.I in 1/48th,  there are better options, either the 2015 Airfix or the Hasegawa.   

I call it a 'where's wally' kit,  the more you look, the more glitches you find. 

see here for what I found so far. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234935596-sea-hurricane-148-italeri/&tab=comments#comment-1390213

Though, the future hold out that Arma Hobby are going to be out Hurricane salvation in 1/48th as well as in 1/72nd. 

I probably should have gone with the Airfix one, but I was in a phase where I hated Airfix and didn't trust anything they came out with but now i'm over it.  I will definitely get their Sea Hurricane though.