1/32 He 111 H-2

You've done far better than mediocrity - that's a beautiful finish, and very impressive in that scale! What did you use to finish the exhausts - they look awesome!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1

Hi and thanks for the comments!

the exhaust is Alclad “steel”

no crew included

paint is Tamiya (except the Alclad metalized exhaust pipes) all markings done with masks and paint (except small stencils)
CMK resin cockpit and engines.

Edited by chrispisme
Typo
  • Thanks 1

Great model!

I have also used the Tamiya RLM 70 and 71 on a model and the contrast is very low. Other manufacturer paints differ more in tone.

But on your model the finish is superb!

Volker

• Like 1

Thanks very much for your kind words!

it is a big model. And when I bought it (as a new release back in...2011?) it was very intimidating due to it’s size but having now built (all in 1/32) 2 HK Models B-17s, 3 Ju 88s, a B-25 and 2 He 219’s it no longer seemed so intimidating. I’ve always thought it was a classic looking airframe and tried to do the best I could on it

(another reason it took so long to do it, I didn’t feel I had the skills to do it justice)

Nothing was done to the clear parts, no future no polish...nothing, that’s all Revell, right out of the box. I did build up and add internal framing to the clear parts to give the structure a more 3D look though. As well, I riveted the airframe with an RB riveting tool, a very nice tool for this kind of work...and my wife supplied the antenna wire via long blonde hair. Nice to see women getting into modelling...plastic modelling, not bikini.

Superb all round result there. A beautifully finished "Spade". Always loved the lines of the He-111, and equally nice to see the big Revell kit built. We don't see that many.

Got two in the stash myself, the P and H. Haven't got around to starting mine yet as I have an uncontrollable urge to build a CASA 2.111 from the H, but so far failed to nail down any convincing looking Merlin power eggs.

Steve 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stoohoo said:

Looks stunning Chris, dripping with Teutonic malevolence :)

The guns and sights look brilliant, were these kit parts or did you replace them?

Thanks! The kit guns and ammo. rolls are hugely under scale (about the only parts I could “ complain” about, I bought Aires guns and ammo rolls which are a very nice improvement (highly recommended) and then upgraded those guns with master brass barrels. The PE. Gunsights came in the Aires set, I just glued them to the master barrels. For anyone doing a build of the model, I’d suggest to get the Montex masks for national markings, (waaaay nicer than decals) Eduard clear part masks and, possibly, the PE landing gear bays. But definitely get the Aires guns! The kit doesn’t ask for much else.

HTH?

• Thanks 1