Hurricane mk.IIc "LKoA" AH 1/72

Hello,

I had a long journey with that kit - it's easier than mk.I, however my low skills caused several problems on various steps. ;) I cannot wait for 1/48 kit which should look as 1/24 in the box.  😀

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 52
  • Thanks 1

dzień dobry ,
For heaven’s sake! This is absolutely perfect. I love it. Perfect in all points! By the way, how did you manage the white balance on your photography? Never saw such perfect pic’s! Respect! 

all the best

Andy 

• Like 1

Thanks for comments. 🙂

8 hours ago, dogsbody said:

That looks real good to me! I hope my Airfix 1/72 Hurricane comes out looking that good.

Chris

Chris, I'm looking forward for your finished model ;)

5 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

dzień dobry ,
For heaven’s sake! This is absolutely perfect. I love it. Perfect in all points! By the way, how did you manage the white balance on your photography? Never saw such perfect pic’s! Respect! 

all the best

Andy 

I'm not a photography expert, so I guess that there is a few steps to achieve that effect. At first, I use one lamp 125 watt/5500K with white translucent umbrella (but I need buy one set more). White balance in camera is set to "automatic", so the rest of the "magic" I do in Picasa 3. That photo is too dark at the beginning (a little bit more than the rest from the photo session) , but let's try to quickly fix it:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers

Artur

Edited by Katurbo
  • Like 3

Yep, it's not A or B scheme - but please compare with first photo, where the plane doesn't fit exactly in A or B. That plane was repainted from "black night" scheme by mechanics (probably using brushes), and I see a few exceptions to the rules - and I tried to map them + my little bit invention on right side, where only right wing tip is visible. More photos are available here: 

Edited by Katurbo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ratch said:

Lots of clever painting techniques but I'm afraid the basic scheme is neither the A or B scheme AMOs dictated for WW2 😢

In fact they were repainted the day before the Dieppe raid.

"August 18- spent the day apart from briefing, in converting the black night fighters to daytime camouflage. Paint everywhere - very rushed job"

Pilot Officer Frank Mitchell, 87 Squadron

That accounts for the non standard scheme.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Katurbo said:

Thanks for comments. 🙂

Chris, I'm looking forward for your finished model ;)

I'm not a photography expert, so I guess that there is a few steps to achieve that effect. At first, I use one lamp 125 watt/5500K with white translucent umbrella (but I need buy one set more). White balance in camera is set to "automatic", so the rest of the "magic" I do in Picasa 3. That photo is too dark at the beginning (a little bit more than the rest from the photo session) , but let's try to quickly fix it:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers

Artur

Thank you very much Artur!
all the best

Andy 

• Like 1

What a fantastic looking Hurricane.
I own a 35+ year old 1/72 Matchbox depicting LKoA in night-fighter black.
It’s my favourite model out of all of my collection. 

• Like 1