2020 Blitzbuild Pt 2 Chat

Just to clarify, since I will probably be utilizing 'The Scottish Option', I can build in 3x8; 4x6; 2x12 or even 1.41176 x 17 sections?  As long as the build does not exceed 24 hours of build time...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, John Masters said:

Just to clarify, since I will probably be utilizing 'The Scottish Option', I can build in 3x8; 4x6; 2x12 or even 1.41176 x 17 sections?  As long as the build does not exceed 24 hours of build time...

I look forward to seeing the 17 updates with the stopwatch recording the 1.41176 hours each time in the background  😂

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

with the stopwatch recording

I hope I don't have to upload movies...single photos of before and after are alright?  I'll try to time stamp the images too...👍

I think I might have a lot of images. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Masters said:

Well, that would make it no different from most builds, wouldn’t it? Never really thought about it before, but I would be surprised if an OOB build takes more than 24h.

Edited by Torbjorn

1 minute ago, Torbjorn said:

I would be suprised if an OOB build takes more than 24h.

Oh God...now you've jinxed me!  🤪  Just kidding.  

I hope not.  I'll just reconnect with my inner nine-year old who could build a model in the time it took for his mother to cook dinner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, John Masters said:

Oh God...now you've jinxed me!  🤪  Just kidding.  

I hope not.  I'll just reconnect with my inner nine-year old who could build a model in the time it took for his mother to cook dinner.

John PM me your mobile phone number and I'll call you down for your tea at an agreed time.

You can upgrade this for me to remind you to brush your teeth before you go to bed but that costs extra 😉

cheers Pat 

• Haha 7

"The cupboard's looking bare dearest" I remarked to the missus,  "I didn't bother online this week thought we would go shopping  tomorrow" I then re-enacted

the scene from Platoon falling to my knees arms in the air screaming in agony as the bullets from her gun ripped apart my flesh no model shop for me now!

So what to build now I could appeal to Enzo's humane side(I know) and he might let me build Hobbyboss 1/48 Mustang that does have the cockpit tub painted

but need's to re done in black rather than the WW2 green anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

I could appeal to Enzo's humane side(I know) and he might let me build Hobbyboss 1/48 Mustang that does have the cockpit tub painted

but need's to re done in black rather than the WW2 green anyway.

Cockpit tub painted?  I could compromise on a 5% rule for this one.

Go for it! :thumbsup: 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

ockpit tub painted?  I could compromise on a 5% rule for this one.

Great news Enzo many thank's so it's a 1/48 Mustang SAAF Korean war from me!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Cockpit tub painted?  I could compromise on a 5% rule for this one.

Go for it! :thumbsup: 

Blimey Enzo gone all touchy feeling on us, he'll be telling us to relax and just build the one kit next !

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Blimey Enzo gone all touchy feeling on us, he'll be telling us to relax and just build the one kit next !

Just for that, you have to build every kit in this GB.  :nono:

• Haha 3

I would like to do another one of these, after losing my focus on the 2nd day of the Xmas one. I saw this was on during the week, and have been spurred on by a friends quick build on Twitter recently. A Buick rummage through the stash turned up an Airfix 1/72 A6M2 Zero that looks suitable.

p?i=d8d087f8a030d524047722ddd4e1d130

• Like 3

Well, having said I wasn’t going to buy fancy transfers that cost more than my Airfix P-38... I went out and bought some fancy transfers.

Which haven’t shown up yet.

So...

Applying the rules - no biplanes, nothing that needs too much work, something that catches my eye, nothing BoB, no duplications, no yellow! - I’ve ended up with three candidates:

8-A464-A3-D-A6-A9-4-D3-F-B6-A5-4-FE77-CC

Hmmm...

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

if the checker decals don’t work out and I end up having to paint yellow and black squares, I’ll be after you guys!!

Will you paint the black squares or the yellow squares first...🤣

I like the Heinkel!

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Torbjorn said:

I had planned to participate... but havr to work all weekend :( 

Make the Heinkel! Never seen it before.

Sorry to hear that

More bad news, he's making the P47, your wait to see the Heinkel continues ! ☹