2020 Blitzbuild Pt 2 Chat

So I've whittled my choices down to:

Airfix (ex Vista) Fairey Fulmar

or

Airfix P-38 F/H Lightning, (the 1972 mould, not the 1958 J version) Aircraft of the Aces boxing.

I'm not enamoured with the OOB decals for either of them but I'm sure I could rustle something up. The number of seams on the P-38 is somewhat worrying. Not sure which...

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 3

19 hours ago, depressed lemur said:

Well.

Never let it be said that I want to take it easy but as I am going to be short on time I will do a target instead of a plane to avoid having to sort out a cockpit or other interior.

18 hours-ish task this time including sleep but how to push it?

I give you 

20200823_190827

Yes, I will do both.

How hard can it be?

The Cromwell: No problem. This is an ideal kit for a blitz-build, what with the pre-molded tracks, excellent parts fit and simple paint scheme.

The King Tiger: Well, those tracks might test you. They've certainly tested me ...

Edited by klr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2020 at 10:14 AM, JOCKNEY said:

Thinking about doing a Smer Fairey Fulmar, 4 hours for the build 20 hours trying to mask the canopy !

cheers Pat 

This may or may not be a good time to point out that the exhaust stacks are at not at the same level. It can be fixed, but that takes time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

P-38, agree about the decals

I’ve got an F/H (pointier cowlings) not a J (big radiator under nose) so the FROG decals (which I have, by chance) wouldn’t work anyway. I’ll probably go with the kit scheme. Shame, I would have preferred the shark mouth option in other boxings...

I’m certainly not going to splash out eight quid or more for aftermarket stickers either!

Regards,

Adrian

• Haha 2

The '69 Skyline is currently the lead contender.  If it remains so on Friday evening, I'll get the parts washed in preparation for the madness to begin after Saturday's model club meeting.

I might need to clear some bench space though.....

full

• Haha 8

12 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

Well if @JOCKNEY is going to do a Fulmar I think I'll choose the P-38!

Blimey, that Vista kit's been around, just about every boxing apart from FROG!

Regards,

Adrian

Adrian 

No problem if you want to build the Fulmar as well we can see who can get the most Gluey fingerprints and paint on that canopy !

cheers Pat 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well I've perused the small stash and in reality there's not a great deal of choice for a quick build I had considered Revell's 1/72 A400 Atlas but I'd need

at least another twelve hour's for that one😄,at the moment it look's like a Frog Beaufighter or an italeri Mig 29 unless I can squeeze a trip to the LMS

in before Saturday,sod's law I only noticed the Blitzbuild was on after getting back from my eldest son's house yesterday he's got a pile of Airfix Aldi

special's piled up,if I make the shop I will do an armour kit.

• Like 1

(I posted this earlier in H's build thread so I moved it)

OK so I'm still not sure what to build... The Tanker may be a bit much, but... but... I just had its 2 siblings come in off the second-hand: 

20200825185656-72dc3adc-me.jpg

20200825185730-0d9c756a-me.jpg

I'm pretty sure I can build one of them in the allotted time. Not sure which one yet. So it's one of these 2 or the Diamond T which I also still like very much. It will depend on the weather actually. I prefer building one of the Bedfords, I'd really like to see one in the cabinet, but forecasts say the weekend will be very wet which probably means no painting outside (rattle cans) or in the shed (airbrush). In that case I'll pick up the brush for the Diamond T. 

• Like 2

A mystery solved - I know there's nothing to see in the gallery, but if I click into it, it shows as read. Now, when I'm looking at the list of GB's  this one shows as having no new posts,  whereas before I went into the empty gallery it always showed as having something unread so I came for another look only to find that was the only 'new' post.

Andy

24 minutes ago, Foxbat said:

A mystery solved - I know there's nothing to see in the gallery, but if I click into it, it shows as read. Now, when I'm looking at the list of GB's  this one shows as having no new posts,  whereas before I went into the empty gallery it always showed as having something unread so I came for another look only to find that was the only 'new' post.

Andy

Andy you need to calm down mate, we haven't started yet ! 😂

Cheers Pat

31 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Andy you need to calm down mate, we haven't started yet ! 😂

Cheers Pat

I have no life outside BM 😂 Also, are we nearly there yet?

Andy

• Haha 2

Sadly it looks like real life is going to interfere. Family issues requiring a weekend away, so unless I can find something I can blitz in 4 hours Saturday night I'll have to put in on hold until Christmas.

I'll look forward to seeing the gallery though.

1 hour ago, Tim R-T-C said:

Sadly it looks like real life is going to interfere. Family issues requiring a weekend away, so unless I can find something I can blitz in 4 hours Saturday night I'll have to put in on hold until Christmas.

I'll look forward to seeing the gallery though.

Time to track down a little gundam.  No paint or glue required.  It'll let you get your fix in on quick and cheap.

Then if you still want to paint it, you can always pop them back apart later to paint & reassemble.  ;)

• Like 2

The Missus has just announced she's out for a meal Saturday night did I mind missing a night out as it's ladies only? no said I feigning disappointment while 

jumping for joy inside as that gives me a whole weekend with nothing to do but this Blitzbuild and I can have a later start now so I have a kit in mind which right

now is in stock down at my LMS so all being well my long promised attempt at a 1/48 build will be on!See you Saturday.

• Like 7

On 8/26/2020 at 10:33 PM, stevej60 said:

The Missus has just announced she's out for a meal Saturday night did I mind missing a night out as it's ladies only? no said I feigning disappointment while 

jumping for joy inside as that gives me a whole weekend with nothing to do but this Blitzbuild and I can have a later start now so I have a kit in mind which right

now is in stock down at my LMS so all being well my long promised attempt at a 1/48 build will be on!See you Saturday.

Yea, Steve’s here. Looking forward to seeing your choice.