2020 Blitzbuild Pt 2 Chat

I started the IBG Models Type 3 Chi-Nu Kai last night, which is proving predictably tedious with some of the wheels molded into the one-piece tracks, requiring mucho painting time - see the build thread.

Of course, the obvious option would have been the Hasegawa Daimler armoured car, but no, I had to be ambitious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for the Blitz build GB Enzo, the first one I have taken part in (I felt like quitting after an hour and wondering why I had volunteered to build the DH.88). I have now built a kit I did not imagine for one minute would give as much satisfaction, warts and all, with the end result and in a weekend too. Thanks all, see you for the next blitz 👍.

Edited by bobster
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bobster said:

I have now built a kit I did not imagine for one minute would give as much satisfaction, warts and all, with the end result and in a weekend too.

And that's why we have Blitzbuilds!  :thumbsup: 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Well done all participants and thanks Enzo another great one

Seconded - I appeased the Blitzbuild god(s) (  @Enzo Matrix  ? ) by actually completing my builds after my failure in the last one.

The only problem with Blitzbuilds, for me, is that I did not find time to read other peoples posts. as I was clock watching. It's only now I have the time to return to that.

• Like 1

There was some discussion of scale on my Tyranid thread. Just to give some perspective, here are my two builds for this weekend, one in 1/72 and one in 28mm sitting on the hull of a 1/35 T-55.

spacer.png

Andy

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Paul821 said:

Seconded - I appeased the Blitzbuild god(s) (  @Enzo Matrix  ? ) by actually completing my builds after my failure in the last one.

The only problem with Blitzbuilds, for me, is that I did not find time to read other peoples posts. as I was clock watching. It's only now I have the time to return to that.

Blitz builds are exciting to read live but it’s also quite a good day afters reading to relax with catching up

1 hour ago, Ron NL-S said:

What does the Blitzenbuild entail? Could not find info on that?

The same thing at Christmas time - more days (from memory) to allow for interaction with the family....still just 24 hours in total.

Date are on the GB calendar.

I'll miss this years as I'll be ferreted away from Chrimbo in deepest Shropshire - no family, wi-fi, internet, nothing!

Will be taking something for the KUTA GB just in case. 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ron NL-S said:

What does the Blitzenbuild entail? Could not find info on that?

It's the same as a standard Blitz Build but starts on Dec 26th and fills some of that space between Christmas Day and New Year. The name comes from one of Santa Claus's reindeer because it's Christmas. If I remember rightly, the Dad's Army/Scottish option where you have 24 hours over 3 days started during a Blitzen build as not everyone shares the UK holidays :) 

Andy

• Like 1

Put me down for the Blitzenbuild. Once again I will be handing cash over to the local model shop in return for a Christmas present wrapped and ready for opening on the day of the build. After last year's build I found it insanely entertaining to open a package not knowing what is inside but knowing that it will be completed in 24 hours.

Highly recommended that option. 

• Like 2

Hmmm just thinking, what would we consider an acceptable entry. What about some of those very small star trek ship models that come as one peice but unpainted? Could probably do a whole fleet of those in a day!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/1/2020 at 11:06 PM, Adam Poultney said:

Hmmm just thinking, what would we consider an acceptable entry. What about some of those very small star trek ship models that come as one peice but unpainted? Could probably do a whole fleet of those in a day!

You have stolen my thunder!

I think I've found the answer to my Blitzbuild-DNF-Blues: a one piece kit. I hope it will be acceptable:

201201a OKB Grigorov Sea Shadow

This s the OKB Grigorov 1?700 Sea Shadow which was an experimental stealth ship. It looks a bit like a half-submerged F-117.

Although there is only one part in the model, I'd like to do it in the blitzbuild to try-out making a seascape.

I hope its OK: plenty of other part-o-penic kits around if not!

Alan

PS: why is there no thread for this in "future GBs"?

1 hour ago, Angus Tura said:

PS: why is there no thread for this in "future GBs"?

Good question! I've been looking for it but thought it was just me 🤓

• Like 1