2020 Blitzbuild Pt 2 Chat

The next Blitzbuild is fast approaching.  This one will run from Saturday 29 August midnight on Monday 31 August.  It fits nicely around the bank holiday. 

Although the GB runs for three days, you don't actually get three days to finish your model.  You get 24 hours!    :frantic: 

This can be done in two ways:

1.  The Superhero Option   Complete your model in a single 24 hour time slot

2.  The Other Option      Complete your model in two 12 hour slots, seperated by no more than 12 hours.  Still pretty heroic, if you ask me.    You can start on the Saturday and finish on the Sunday or start on the Sunday and finish on the Monday. 

3.  The Scottish Option      It's not a bank holiday in Scotland.  Not a problem  Simply build in timed mini sections over the days but not exceeding the 24 hours. It would be good practice to provide a photo of time at start and finish of each section.  This is not restricted to Scots.  It's not a bank holiday in other countries either!  :) 

Start a WIP thread with a start photo showing the time, ( a mobile phone/tablet screen/computer screen will suffice), then as many progress pics as you want (but at least six) and finally a finish photo again showing the time.

Bonus kudos points will be given for uniqueness of the clock, the on-plate presentation of the meals to be consumed and other things like great music videos etc. All the while remembering this is a family friendly forum ...

25% Rule: This is a short GB intended to showcase speed building skills with an unstarted kit. Therefore, the 25% rule is suspended for this GB. All kits must be unstarted, although removal of main components from the runners is acceptable.

All the othe usual GB rules apply, the most important being to have fun.  It's The Law!   :D 

So...   what will you build?   :) 

• Like 2

I've been fumbling through the stash last evening trying to get some contenders figured out.  I think it's likely going to be a car this go around.  Just exactly what I haven't decided yet.

Most of my stash is either 1/24 trucks (huuuge boxes) or MiniArt kits (way too many parts), but... I have a couple of 1/72 IBG Models trucks which are very nice. They are meant as light entertainment so to speak, I've already started one and worked on it a couple of times in between or during other builds. But this one is still untouched and I really like it too so I'll be building it.

20200818201144-ddcab30c.jpg

• Like 7

No can do, because it's an airshow weekend and I'm away from home whole weekend. We're fortunate to still have normal enough life here in Finland to have our annual main airshow - happy to see again the Red Arrows performing too :yahoo:. V-P

• Like 2

It'll end up being one of these.  Haven't fully committed to a specific one yet, so we'll see what I'm feeling come BB time.  Leaning towards one of the old Skylines or the RX-7.  Though the M5 or CRX would be nice as those are cars I've owned in the past.

50243560852_edd074fc3a_c.jpg

• Like 3

Sorry @Enzo Matrix, you only get 1 from me this time.  But I'm covered for the next few BBs.  :D

I've got a model club meeting that Saturday and no long weekend for me.  Due to those factors I'm probably looking at a Saturday afternoon to Sunday afternoon 24 hour window.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Not been involved in a GB before however there's a first time for everything so here's my choice 

spacer.png

Welcome to GBs Andy! 

Rule #1....Have fun.  There are other rules...but they are secondary.  When in a quandary...always remember Rule #1.

Word of warning though.....this place can be Hotel California.  :whistle:

• Like 1

OK I must be going stir crazy since I'm actually considering this over the little Wrecker: 

20200820191147-09750d79.jpg

I've been aching to build it since I bought it, which is a good while ago... and actually the parts count is not far off when compared to the little Diamond T.... 

Hmm... 🤔

I think that if I go with rattle cans I might just make it... There's a "green" option in the box which I quite like.... 

• Like 8

Continuing with my one man campaign to get more "non injection" into Britmodeller I intend two entries in this Blitzbuild the first will be around this:

DSC04388

This should an easy build so my other entry will be on the same sort of theme but slightly more challenging.

• Like 7

These are cool, I've built a whole lot of their buildings, they really go together well. It's a nice distraction from plastic modelling and doesn't require as many tools and paints and other stuff to build. I give them away to people who have model trains. 

• Like 1

@Enzo Matrix, no Dads Army option on this GB? I shall have to change my plans, hope I don’t fall victim to the BlitzBuild phenomenon of never drying paint!

Little H is all excited and assembling an Army of Minecraft helpers. 

@JeroenS, I have both of those kits, I will be watching. You must have been to one of those “special” Dutch Coffee shops and sampled some of the “herbs” from the draw if your considering the tanker. 

26 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

no Dads Army option on this GB?

and no leeway for our friends north of the border. I used to work in IT and we always had to be staffed on August bank holiday Monday as our sizable number of Scottish offices would not let us forget it was not a holiday for them.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

@JeroenS, I have both of those kits, I will be watching. You must have been to one of those “special” Dutch Coffee shops and sampled some of the “herbs” from the draw if your considering the tanker. 

Hi H! Well, you must know since you actually lived here once, the vapours are permeating everyone and everything so I guess there's no escaping ;) 

I am still in doubt about the tanker by the way, but I have gone out and bought some rattle cans (British Green, of course, and Gloss Black) just in case I haven't come to my senses by next weekend. 

I did find 2 more of the Emhar kits on the second-hand by the way, and they're on their way in... so I might just switch to the drop side version... On the other hand, I just can't resist a challenge. I'll let it simmer for the week and make a decision based on other plans. 

• Like 1