B-26K Counter Invader *Completed*

Brad

Masking and more masking. Colours used were Gunze H303 light green, Humbrol 118 US tan and Humbrol 116 US dark green. I still have some touch ups to do before painting the black under surface and yes, I will be using black.

fjmGFrW.jpg?1

AibAhGp.jpg?1

5SuKzsW.jpg?1

• Like 6

Painting continues. I used Gunze flat black for the under surfaces, here I was just masking up the, well I think they are anti icing leading edges, although those probably weren't required in Vietnam. Also masked the props for the yellow tips.

oMkYheC.jpg

Ordnance on and under surface looking good. I free hand painted it to get a softer edge. I'll touch up the patches on the fuel tanks (I think) over the weekend. I also noticed that it was common to paint the bottom of the napalm tanks black, so I'll do this too when the paint is dry. Wheels and gear fit nicely and the tires are even flattened, a nice touch from Italeri. I sometimes rush things now so I'll slow myself down a bit, might have to do some yardwork over the weekend! I hate mowing lawns.....

X1iZMi7.jpg

• Like 6

Gloss and decals on today. I did get some silvering despite using Mr Mark, the wing walk area's were bad thus, I touched them up with paint to hide the silvering. I sealed the decals in with some more gloss and up next when it's all dry, weathering.

8sQW09U.jpg

• Like 6

...and I'll say as well...looks like it's been polished within an inch of it's life!

It does look really nice.

A good trick I've found with "silvering" decals is to let them dry then using a needle gently gentleman's parts the decal all over then give the decal a good coat of decal softening solution. I use Mr Mark Softer, works a treat even on really old silvered decals. That and it Setting solution partner are the best ones I've found so far. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

A good trick I've found with "silvering" decals is to let them dry then using a needle gently gentleman's parts the decal all over then give the decal a good coat of decal softening solution. I use Mr Mark Softer, works a treat even on really old silvered decals. That and it Setting solution partner are the best ones I've found so far. 

I ran a new #11 blade over them a few times and let some future seep in, worked well.  Sealed them in with a little more future and you don't see the cuts.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

He means pr1ck them . :D

Steve.

:rant: dammit!!!!   I'd forgotten about the silly word filter!!  

Please don't use your gentleman's parts.........that won't work! :D

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

:rant: dammit!!!!   I'd forgotten about the silly word filter!!  

Please don't use your gentleman's parts.........that won't work! :D

Phew, I thought you were calling me a needle d... for a minute there ;) hahaha

• Haha 5

A little bit of weathering, a flat coat and here we are, finished. I used a dirty black wash for the upper surface and a light pigment wash for the under surface. I didn't want to have the panel lines stand out too much against the black, just enough to give it a dusty appearance. I also went pretty light on the paint chipping, they looked grimy but not completely battered. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, a few spots I could improve upon, but that's probably true of all my builds. Thanks for following along.

7s22Ys7.jpg

iS2a0Dj.jpg

1R8AREY.jpg

mlGRTSu.jpg

M4RmRX4.jpg

wbV6aRN.jpg

• Like 11

• Brad changed the title to B-26K Counter Invader *Completed*

very very nice!!! Well done!! :thumbsup:

Gosh she looks nice, you've done a fantastic job on her, she really looks the part. I have to admit I really like this type of aircraft! 

....oooohhh the temptation!! :D

• Like 2