A lurker joins...

halfwit

Hi, I've just joined after lurking around for a while. My proper name is Paul, and I'm more of a railway modeller really but I have recently taken an interest in 1:72 plastic, mainly Soviet vehicles although there are few early aircraft in the stash. I've just finished an ICM Ural 4320 and currently on the 'bench there's a Military Wheels Lublin-51, which is proving to be interesting. I've never encountered, or even heard of short run kits, and this build is certainly a challenge.

Here's the Ural;

IMG_8135.JPG

Edited by halfwit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Paul I.E @halfwit,  welcome to the forum. Nice looking Ural. I don't do to many vehicles or AFV as of late. I will incorporate them in diorama's. Also a model railroader of sorts. My scale is 1/48th and or O scale and there again build diorama's.

Again welcome. Looking forward to your builds.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

Seems like I regularly follow Dennis on these things, since his "great city of Chicago USA" (where, coincidentally, I grew up) always catches my eye.

In any case, a hearty welcome aboard, and I hope you enjoy the many addictive hours I'm sure you'll spend here.

• Like 1

Again, thanks for the replies. As I've said my modelling is mostly railway related, specifically narrow gauge locos in 009 (OO/4mm scale using 9mm gauge track), such as this;

IMG_8195.JPG

A whitemetal body kit for a Billard locotractor, the chassis isn't shown here but was built from an etch. Its still at the painting stage.

I came across this place a couple of times whilst searching for info, so it seemed sensible to join especially as I know very little about some of the subjects that I wish to model. There's a Heller Dragon Rapide on its way to me for example.

Edited by halfwit
  • Like 3