Corpo Aereo Italiano - Italy's part in the Battle of Britain

On 19/08/2020 at 11:16, Jur said:

Brilliant models Heather, a joy to look at! I'm very impressed by your modelling skills.

Practice makes perfect. I try to improve with every build. There are still things I can and should do better.

On 19/08/2020 at 11:31, Edge said:

Really great finish to all 3 kits Heather. And doesn't the Mediterranean style camouflage look out of place (but nonetheless attractive) in northern Europe?!

I'm part way through Tony O'Toole's excellent 'No Place For Beginners' which is an excellent source of inspiration should you choose to look for a warmer 1940 theater of operations!

The Med and North Africa are planned eventually. That way I can build some more ugly French planes in exotic markings, as well as lots of different Italian types. 

On 19/08/2020 at 12:31, silverkite211 said:

Very nicely done models! And I appreciate the history lesson, as well.

Thank you. I like to add some context to the models, because I’ve learned things as well, both researching for the build and during the build itself.

On 19/08/2020 at 12:55, Wulfman said:

Three great builds and excellent presentation !

Thanks! There are improvements to my photo boards I need to make. A better transition between the horizontal and vertical bits needs thinking about.

6 hours ago, stevehnz said:

They look super Heather, a wonderfully well modelled group. :)

I am very pleased with the end results. I was worried about recreating the mottled camo, but it worked out well.

2 hours ago, tonyot said:

Very nice indeed,..... all top notch and beautifully built and painted,

Thanks Tony!

1 hour ago, John Masters said:

Fantastic Heather.  Superb paint work and historical background!

Cheers John! As I said just now, I like to add the context to the presentation. It’s important to be able to place a model in its historical context, I think.

1 hour ago, Oberleutnant said:

Very nicely done.

Not many people know of the Italian involvement in the Battle of Britain.

P.S nice to see a woman do a bit of modelling.

Don't think I've ever spoken to a woman about the hobby!

I’ve known about the Italian involvement for years, but you’re right it’s not common knowledge outside students of the Battle. I selected the models for the Battle of Britain 80 GB mainly because they were completely correct for the period and unlikely to be chosen by anyone else!

Where I live, I think there’s something in the water! My local model railway club once had three lady modeller members including me, though sadly one died some years ago. I enjoy the creative aspects of the hobby, as well as the history. A lifelong interest in all things mechanical helps, too. My parents did nothing to prevent me following my interests from a very young age. From building and detailing bits for the doll's house I shared with my baby sister, through to building plastic models with diversions into lots of Lego, I’ve continued to develop the interests. My partner shares my interests, so it’s a win-win for me really!

4 minutes ago, Cookenbacher said:

These are amazing Heather, from detailed cockpit work to final finish.

Thank you Mr C. Sadly, most of the interior is now invisible, but that’s the lot of most such things isn’t it? A lot of effort with nothing to show for it save photos during the build!

• Like 2

I very much enjoyed the build thread, Heather - and the final output is just outstanding! :worthy:  :worthy:  What definitely sets them off is the impeccable camo painting  - at this scale!!! :frantic:  :frantic: 

:clap:  :clap: 

Ciao

• Like 1

Heather, if you want a Supermodel CANT Z.1007, I have two. One each of the single tail and twin tail. If you'd like one, PM me your mailing address and I'll sent it to you. 

These are old kits and will require some work, but I'm sure you could do a wonderful job on it.

Oop! Forgot picture:

50249194356_3e9d738c52_b.jpg

Chris

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1