COIN Bird,1/48 North American T-28 Trojan Laos

modelling minion

Just to prove that the "mini Spad" isn't dead here is a picture of how she looked earlier;

spacer.png

Notice the random white bits sprayed when I was applying it as a lightening colour to the Skyraider in the hope that it will get a bit of colour variation to the over all ADC Grey. I have since sprayed the grey and am waiting for it to dry before I take any  more pictures.

Craig.

• Like 8

Have decided that the light isn't going to get any better so I have taken a pic anyway, it's a little dark but you will get the idea;

spacer.png

The pre-shading of lighter spots has actually worked quite well, I can now crack on and get some klear brushed on for a nice shiny surface for the decals.

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, helios16v said:

That looks great Craig.  I tried the same technique on the Cobra to get some subtle variations in the monotone scheme.

Cheers Chris, its not a technique I have used before but thought I would give it a go, seems to have worked okay.

49 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

That's looking really very nice indeed Craig, good work on sorting out the surface ''texture''....! :)

Keith

Thanks Keith, yes the wonderfully 3D surface texture provided by Roden has been removed and a more traditional flat surface is now there, looks and feels a lot better!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Thanks mate, how are you getting on with your AC-130?

Fuselage is together and the roman nose is on , and my little mask set from the Ukraine has  arrived , I'll  have some form of update this week but most of my modelling time this last week has been taken up by a 1/1 project, still in kit form though its a 12mtr long 5mtr wide tri- bay oak barn, the most expensive kit I'll  ever build at  £20,000 , i picked the job up in lockdown  and built the foundations for it then ,and the oak kit was supposed to have been delivered early august,but finally  arrived back end of last week, a little pic of the model so far, it won't be painted dayglo though 😋

qUPuJxU.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Good to know that your AC-130 will be getting some more attention soon .

I can see why you have been busy though, that is quite the project you have there, I wouldn't know where to begin. Will this be your new stash location?

😋 wish it was, not mine I'm afraid craig, jobs like this only pay the bills, although at 12mtrs long its about a narnia's wardrobe length i reckon

• Haha 1

The colors look great Craig, looking forward to the rest of this and your Scooter. 

8 hours ago, modelling minion said:

how are you getting on with your AC-130?

AC-130 ? With a Roman nose, I want to build one of those so bad. Is there a WIP somewhere ? Or is it in the group build and I’ve missed it somehow ? 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

The colors look great Craig, looking forward to the rest of this and your Scooter.

Thanks Dennis, the Scooter might get parked until the STGB as i am a little busy at the minute and there's the small matter of a Panther for the STGB, don't want to disappoint the host as he's a friend of mine. 😉

• Like 1

I reckon that barn still wouldn't be big enough for some of the coming beasts I'll be building!! Though at least the stash would all be in on place...........hmm maybe not the best idea if SHMBO found it!!! :chair:

That paint job looks great, I know how hard it is to show those subtle differences in pictures. 

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 9:52 AM, modelling minion said:

Have decided that the light isn't going to get any better so I have taken a pic anyway, it's a little dark but you will get the idea;

spacer.png

The pre-shading of lighter spots has actually worked quite well, I can now crack on and get some klear brushed on for a nice shiny surface for the decals.

Very nice!! Did they do them in grey? Wait, have I already asked that?? :wonder:

:wink:

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, trickyrich said:

That paint job looks great, I know how hard it is to show those subtle differences in pictures. 

Cheers Rich, I wasn't sure if the camera would show it up but it did.

8 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Very nice!! Did they do them in grey? Wait, have I already asked that?? :wonder:

:wink:

Thanks Nigel, not sure if you asked before or not but yes they came in all over grey. Some of the earlier supplied ones were grey over white, they may have been ex-US Navy examples where the later T-28D's came from USAF stocks and were painted in the all over ADC Grey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Masters said:

Nice looking bird Craig.  Like my own builds, good to know it isn't stalled forever...

Thanks John, no she hasn't stalled forever.

I have spent some time on her today masking up for all the black painted areas such as wing walkways and the sides of the fuselage and hope to get some paint on them later.

• Like 2