COIN Bird,1/48 North American T-28 Trojan Laos

modelling minion

And here we are, finally an end to the Trojan wars, and what an epic it has been!

I have seldom been happier to finish a kit and must admit that there were times I didn't think that I would, and if it weren't for the friendly poking of you guys out there I probably wouldn't have. So without any further babble here are some pics of the finished item, I shall stick some more in the gallery.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So there you have it, the aircraft flown by Lee Lue who was the first Hmong pilot in the Royal Laos Air Force, on the day he was shot down and killed on the 12th July 1969 during the battle of Moung Soui. It is an aircraft type I have wanted in my collection for a long time and I have wanted to build Lee Lues aircraft ever since reading about him in Christopher Robbins excellent book "The Ravens". Do I like the end result? Yes. Will I build another? NO!

A big thank you to all who have followed and liked along the way, this would not have been finished without you, and to our glorious leader @trickyrich for suggesting the GB in the first place and for hosting it. As usual all comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

Craig.

• Like 15

16 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Looks really good Craig, very nice job! I know what you mean about being glad to finish it - but funnily enough mine has become one of my favourite models!

Keith

Thanks Keith, I understand exactly what you mean about it becoming one of your favourite models, I think it has to do with the work and perseverance required to get to the finish line with it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Masters said:

Superb build Craig.  Really great.  No one has ever made a Roden product look better!

Thanks John, that is very much appreciated, although I'm sure there have been better results from Roden kits than mine, such as Glynn's excellent AC-119 and Pappy's turboporter. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Cheers Glynn thats very much appreciated.

It was far more of a fight than it needed to be, can't see me building another one unfortunately.

I know how you feel, somtimes all the work to get a decent finish (which you've achieved in spades ,puts you off a bit, great job though👍

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

GOD DAM IT!!! :rant:

I posted some lovely kind words for you and this build and it didn't post!!!! :angry:

Oh well, can't now as I've forgotten what I originally wrote! 

Anyway, it was great to see you managed to finish her without her finishing you first! But you certainly beat her into shape and she really looks stunning! AS always it was awesome to have you along for the ride even if you didn't want to play ball with the drinks trolly! I should make you do the poll as punishment! :D

Plus of course you lured me into buying one of these as well! Now I have to figure when I'll get to build this one!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, helios16v said:

End result looks splendid mate.

Thanks Chris, much appreciated.

34 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

GOD DAM IT!!! :rant:

I posted some lovely kind words for you and this build and it didn't post!!!! :angry:

Oh well, can't now as I've forgotten what I originally wrote! 

Anyway, it was great to see you managed to finish her without her finishing you first! But you certainly beat her into shape and she really looks stunning! AS always it was awesome to have you along for the ride even if you didn't want to play ball with the drinks trolly! I should make you do the poll as punishment! :D

Plus of course you lured me into buying one of these as well! Now I have to figure when I'll get to build this one!

Cheers Rich.

I know that you will be able to do a better job on this than I have mate, you will have to let me know when you start your build so that I can abuse encourage you during the build.

I have really enjoyed playing hostess on your GB mate, always great fun, and I am sure your cocktails will start turning up soon as they do have a long way to travel!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1