USS Yorktown CV10

Papa4ways

Hi Folks,

I'd appreciate a little help, and before I ask, I'm sorry if this subject has already been covered in a previous thread, but I can't find it, so that's why I'm now asking for help.

I'm building the 1/350 Scale Model USS Yorktown CV10, but, I'm having trouble with the Flight deck colour, so, can anyone tell me where I can get the correct Flight deck Blue that's needed, i've been trying to find a U.K supplier, without much success, I've been told the one to use is LifeColour UA629 Flight Deck Blue 21, but, is this right, or, is there someone on here that knows something that will give a better result.

As always, any and all help is greatly appreciated

Fred

P.S, I should have said, I'd started building this kit a long while back, but, due to serious health issues, I had to stop building, it's only now my health is imporving, that I'm able to carry on with the build, but thank you for any help and or advice you have offered

Edited by Papa4ways
Add a P.S

Hi Fred,

Flight Deck Stain 21 is correct for WWII era Essex class carriers. At least when freshly applied... The older Yorktown class were wearing and indeed 2 were sunk with 250-N Flight Deck Stain instead, but as the Essex class came in to service 250-N had been superseded by Flight Deck Stain 21.

117817773_3510342935656534_3868390621981117794218_3510342955656532_2708366368090

Thank you Jamie for the help, I'd had to stop building this Kit a long while ago, due to my health problems, and I'm only now getting back to building and painting it, but thanks again for your help and advice  

• Like 1