Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 8:48 PM, AndyL555 said:

 

Just finished RNLI Severn Class & RAF Rescue on sea with stretcher rescue. Great kit but decals to thin on the lines. Had to cut templates and hand paint.

 

IMG_4185

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WHOA!! That is a great work!! Also, good idea using a blue-transparent-ish tub which looks a lot better. Really amazing work.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is sooo good! I wish I could model a sea like this. A great scene of heroic action.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toryu said:

This is sooo good! I wish I could model a sea like this. A great scene of heroic action.

Thank you.

I used a thin sheet of cardboard, toilet paper (used like papier maché) and watered down PVA. The thin PVA helped to warp the cardboard to give the effect of waves rolling in.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, philp said:

Where did you source the crew figures from?  I am looking to add crew to mine.

They are 'PJ Productions 1/72 Search and Rescue Sea King Crew # 721126'.

Purchased from eBay & www.sgsmodelstore.com

I think it was 3 sets. The seated are used inside the lifeboat.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A great scene and a talented build - well done!

 

Can I ask, is that polyester (fabric stuffing) you have used for the sea spume around the boat?  Did you spray if white before final placement?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Norseman 3:16 said:

A great scene and a talented build - well done!

 

Can I ask, is that polyester (fabric stuffing) you have used for the sea spume around the boat?  Did you spray if white before final placement?

Yes I think that is what I used. Found it in a cupboard at home.

It came as think sheet which I pulled apart and stretched.

Probably used as stuffing for jacket or thin cushion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AndyL555 said:

Yes I think that is what I used. Found it in a cupboard at home.

It came as think sheet which I pulled apart and stretched.

Probably used as stuffing for jacket or thin cushion.

Thanks for that - i will give it a go!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2020 at 12:17 AM, AndyL555 said:

They are 'PJ Productions 1/72 Search and Rescue Sea King Crew # 721126'.

Purchased from eBay & www.sgsmodelstore.com

I think it was 3 sets. The seated are used inside the lifeboat.

Thanks Andy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...