Case VAI Tractor

Thunder Models 1/35

I've had this little Case tractor sitting on the shelf, built up and in primer, for a couple of years, but I've never seemed to find the time to get it finished. I've currently got a short gap between bigger projects, so I thought it was high time I got it out of the box and done. Another reason for the long delay in getting it done was that I wasn't sure what to do with it. I'd originally primed it in rust with the view to finishing it as rusted out wreck, but when it came to it I decided to go for a heavily worn but still working machine finished in the original Case orangey red, albeit with a heavy dose of chipping.

The kit itself is very nice, with some lovely detailing. Some of the parts, such as the steering linkage, are a little fragile but everything goes together very easily. The only additions are a bit of wiring on the engine. As well as the original Thunder release, the kit's now been re-boxed by Airfix.

(for the observant out there, yes, I did put one of the rear tyres on backwards:doh:)

50237118623_b7a2ea2b80_b.jpg

50237118483_12ff3fd4c3_b.jpg

50237118348_9fbb17240a_b.jpg

50237767701_7c72559f10_b.jpg

50237767516_bfc5c4c781_b.jpg

50237117978_df9ef03b79_b.jpg

50237767226_0b854398e1_b.jpg

50237117688_88c6fe84fd_b.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy:cat:

• Like 22

Simply wonderful modelling again Andy (never mind the tyre....!! :) ) - superb little tractor!

Keith

• Thanks 1

Great job, this looks absolutely believable. Right down to the bits of straw stuck to the rear tyres.

• Thanks 1

Stick that on some mud and I'd be convinced it was a real tractor.

Stunning job!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the comments everyone

1 hour ago, Gorby said:

Stick that on some mud and I'd be convinced it was a real tractor.

Thanks Gorby. It may go on a scenic base at some point, if I find the time. I've got a figure for it too which I need to get painted.

Andy:cat:

• Like 1

THAT is AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Look like it has driven through lots of cow pooh and through the fields, absolutely EXCELLENT !!!!!!!!! I love it !!!!!!

• Thanks 1

Outstanding work from you again Andy, looks great, the tyres, the dried grease at the engine, the faded paint, the worn effects, simply fantastic.

• Thanks 1