Dassault Ouragan/Toofani 1/72

Hi Guys, 
 Will keep it short, May I present you Dassault Ouragan/Toofani in 1/72 scale, wanted to put a black archer sq marking sadly no decals, will put in the future.
Thanks for watching regards

DSC-7520.jpg

DSC-7521.jpg

DSC-7522.jpg

DSC-7523.jpg

DSC-7527.jpg

Edited by tomthounaojam
  • Like 39

12 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Nice one! Which kit- Heller or Azur?

Mike

Thanks, Mike, none it is Valom kit little over engineered fitting was little problematic

9 hours ago, helium said:

Looks very well done!

And also very good photos you made! 👍

Thanks, Mate appreciate the kind words

8 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Excellent model of this shapely little machine!

The NAF (Natural Aluminium Finish) looks spot on – just the way a slightly weathered alu surface looks.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks, buddy. I screwed up some models in early day with NAF with some bad advise but later on with this forum as one of the bedrock I learned my many tips and tricks and trying to improve it and it is working. Really appreciate the kind words. Cheers

8 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Given the environment the airplane would have operated in, the weathering is perfect. Nice build!

Thanks you mate, Yeah in Indian Subcontinent the weather can be extreme and geography vastly different.

5 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Very nice, Tom!!!

Martin

Thanks, Martin cheers

5 hours ago, Graeme H said:

Wonderful rendition, always like the look of the Toofani

Thank you, Graeme

5 hours ago, danntheman said:

Lovely love the finish nmf seems to elude me

Thanks, Mate, cheers

Nice Toofani Tom, we don't see nearly enough of these lovely early jets, less so in these markings and you've done a cracking job with this one, well done!

No criticism of your model but personally, I don't like the surface detail of the Valom kit, real aircraft aren't covered in holes (rivets don't leave holes they fill them), but that's what the kit comes with and the aircraft engineer in me coming out.

I hope you can get the squadron markings to finish the job to your satisfaction.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Wez said:

Nice Toofani Tom, we don't see nearly enough of these lovely early jets, less so in these markings and you've done a cracking job with this one, well done!

No criticism of your model but personally, I don't like the surface detail of the Valom kit, real aircraft aren't covered in holes (rivets don't leave holes they fill them), but that's what the kit comes with and the aircraft engineer in me coming out.

I hope you can get the squadron markings to finish the job to your satisfaction.

Hello @Wez Thank you very much, it is a nice nimble aircraft and lesser known I guess overshadowed by Mig-15/17 and F-86/100.
Couldn't agree more, it is bit too much details for these scales and one little over sanding and the details goes away and it is bit of pain trying to rivet or rescribed it. I am planning to get heller kit in future and gonna make a one and maybe a mystere too then it will be proper sibling in IAF color tho I hava Mystere in French color, will share later.

• Like 2

That's a lovely little jet! Cracking finish and weathering!

I've got a Valom kit all ready for painting, going to use the kit decals with that scary looking scorpion on the fuselage...!! Hope mine turns out somewhere as good as yours!

Can I ask where you got the ladder from?

Keith

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ForestFan said:

Looks great 👍

Thanks Mate

57 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

That's a lovely little jet! Cracking finish and weathering!

I've got a Valom kit all ready for painting, going to use the kit decals with that scary looking scorpion on the fuselage...!! Hope mine turns out somewhere as good as yours!

Can I ask where you got the ladder from?

Keith

Thanks @keefr22 really appreciate the kind words, are you going to do Indian markings or something else? Looking forward to seeing your built soon.
Oho, the ladder I got it from a Zvezda kit but forgot which one was if I come to know will update you
Regards
DSC-7534-pair.jpg
The two sibling Dassault Ouragon and Mystere, Mystere is built from Matchbook kit with some modifications, tho a small piece of from landing gear is missing. It was the kit I practice to do whole aircraft riveting. 

Regards 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Yes, Indian Air Force with the scorpion on the nose! :)

Thanks for the info on the ladder!

Keith

awesome, As far as I know I have seen Toofani with Black Archer and Scorpion, one should do the Oorial not seen a one with that markings.

Cheers

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tomthounaojam said:

awesome, As far as I know I have seen Toofani with Black Archer and Scorpion, one should do the Oorial not seen a one with that markings.

I've only got the kit markings to use Tom, so it has to be the scorpion! :)

Keith

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, exdraken said:

Very nice model! Great work snd probably in the rarest seen scheme

Thanks, Mate, glad you like it

13 hours ago, F-32 said:

Nice job, they make a great couple

Indeed they are, need to have few more in different colors

10 hours ago, keefr22 said:

I've only got the kit markings to use Tom, so it has to be the scorpion! :)

Keith

Awesome Mate, looking forward to it, Next am planning to build a Hawker Hunter in Thunderbolts markings

• Like 2

You have recreated an award winner using a difficult kit in the process.  It`s even more impressive being in the always problematic natural metal / silver overall finish.  I`m envious of your skills.  :worthy:

Mike

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, kapam said:

Cute - if that is appropriate for a plane!

Nicely done.  :clap2:

Thanks, Buddy

19 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

You have recreated an award winner using a difficult kit in the process.  It`s even more impressive being in the always problematic natural metal / silver overall finish.  I`m envious of your skills.  :worthy:

Mike

@Sky Keg That is quite a words, really appreciate it, I learned many tips and tricks from this forum and help me in my skills and always grateful for that. Still learning however, I would glad to share whatever I know. Cheers Mate