A Panther that is pink(ish)

The venerable Tamiya SAS Land Rover from what feels like a 100 years ago. I'm sure we've all built it at least once, I found this about a third done sat in it's box on the shelf a couple of weeks ago so decided to get her built.

Mainly Tamiya, with some Accurate Armour and who knows what out of my armour spares box. Brush painted with a custom mix of Humbrol enamels, Winsor & Newton matt varnish and weathered with Humbrol enamels again. The plan was a well used version on a tea break with some sort of figure studying the map, but that chap appears to have gone off on other things.

She was fun to build, I look how she looks and all four wheels touch the ground at the same time!

50231778093_27b1fa4b46.jpgRover 3 by phil da greek, on Flickr

50232426331_4c1636c49f.jpgRover 7 by phil da greek, on Flickr

50231778018_0cc346a203.jpgRover 1 by phil da greek, on Flickr

50232426226_203e718e87.jpgRover 2 by phil da greek, on Flickr

50231777948_2beebc25a5.jpgRover 5 by phil da greek, on Flickr

50232646962_52fda23ed4.jpgRover 4 by phil da greek, on Flickr

50232646807_e21aa343ae.jpgRover 6 by phil da greek, on Flickr

Thanks for looking in!

Phil.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

Really really nice, nicely painted and weathered and all the extra stowage really makes it.

Must confess I must be one of the few to have never built or owned the kit, the shame...

Great work

Darryl 

• Like 1

does anyone know what the boxes on the lower right of the MGs are? I certainly didn't when I built mine... 

This one looks superb, with the non-box stowage in the back

• Like 1

I’ve no idea what those GPMG boxes are, I did wonder if they should actually be ammo bins but Tamiya doubled up on them or the designers didn’t know either.

Then I opened a bottle of red & stopped worrying!

• Haha 1

Nice one!

Got one in my stash, but have never built one, so I am looking forward to that.

I have a bit of a problem finding suitable gear for that era, though, since the webbing stuff had been replaced by then. Right?

• Like 1

Cheers folks.

The stowage is Accurate Armour, modern British water Jerry cans which came into service in the late 60’s. The metal tins are ammo cans for the Rarden 30mm, they are here for the crew to use as dustproof(ish) stowage for all their bits & the Bergens are meant to go with the Tamiya WW2 British infantry. The metal fuel cans are Tamiya and part of their WW2 German kit.

I assumed, rightly or wrongly, that the boxes on the right of the GPMG's were there to collect the spent cases. Otherwise the vehicle would be swimming in spent brass within quite a short time.

• Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 22:15, riever49 said:

I assumed, rightly or wrongly, that the boxes on the right of the GPMG's were there to collect the spent cases. Otherwise the vehicle would be swimming in spent brass within quite a short time.

Seems you might be right - I saw a video of a survivor, and it has some sort of feed that goes from the gun right into the hole on the box...