VEB Plasticart 1/100 Mil Mi-4 - Civil Scheme - Finished

1 hour ago, AaCee26 said:

cockpit doors

Thanks AaCee. I’ve got them on now. The opening is a bit too narrow but I’ve done something that I think looks OK.

I just rounded the outer corners of the blades and painted them overall grey in the end. I didn’t even put trim tabs on them. It’s not the focus of the model and I have to wrap it up by Sunday evening.

No more pics until it’s finished!

• Like 1

I think we are finally ready to board:

7-A26-A574-C6-B4-41-B3-A551-FDB039645944

More pictures in the gallery. 

Thanks for an interesting GB and thanks also for looking in. The P1127 will be making an appearance in the next KUTA GB!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

The gallery in this group build. It’s pinned near the top of the topic list.

Thanks Adrian.

I kid you not when I say that is not really easy to find (I finally did).

Why these builds do not automatically link to or post along the usual RFI main section? I may have missed tons of good builds since only by chance and very seldom I get to GBs.

I have been a member for three years and this compartmentalization still feels a bit awkward. And yet may be I am the only one that doesn't know where the pub is in this town.

Cheers

• Haha 1

• AdrianMF changed the title to VEB Plasticart 1/100 Mil Mi-4 - Civil Scheme - Finished

Great result Adrian. Really like it and when you consider what the kit started out like, the completed model shows great work. You opened the side vents and I did the grilles in the top - should have done both! Next time I am really tempted to do a civil version from the KP kit which I think is fairly available. Well done again.

Edited by Jpthedog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jpthedog said:

Great result Adrian

Thanks JP. Civil Mi-4s seemed to come with round windows (like yours), square windows (like mine) and big rectangular windows for a VIP version, with lots of different schemes too. There are some great photos as well, including one where they are trying to load a reindeer, so if you want a slightly different diorama...!

I won’t be building one of these again, I’m quite sure. It really did creep up on me - I was just going to stick it together before my P1127 build and do a green and blue scheme with stars and a number. Sometimes a build just runs away with you, and this was definitely one!

Thanks,

Adrian

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...