Hi everyone

This is my 1/72 AN-12BK-PPs by Roden. This is one of the most challenging kits I have made, due to the bad fit and quality of parts.

The inside was well detailed but is difficult to see through the small windows. I had to fit in about a hundred grams of weight to stop it tail sitting. The panel lines were either deep or so shallow you could barley see them. I had to do a lot of sanding and filling between were the fuselage parts and the tail where attached. I painted it in Mig-0208 Dark compass ghost grey. The decals did not conform well even after having micro sol applied many times and a few of them tore when being positioned. In the end I had to pull a cocktail stick along the decals to make them conformed.

Thanks for looking

y4m0XmHjMBRVGuMbspIQLSEFLcCmWjb8NcZuQKfi

y4mx9gjej5ws6IM94uz-t5lQ3dD1gGWaeB9Uhj4r

y4mJlBbF8TUptaqnq7AWjjR2phmcGXbZ1_lPqCCo

y4mdMndJj99aWIbeP2LJprl63xEPbYRuNlJu77Df

y4m7yM2s7VRQRSHWOd8r-kMVKUtdlVsKVPEB3mV3

y4m2n4Wc6sGWpozLxxBPSC_rywFUYAozZbR9oRFo

• Like 48

It must be quite satisfying to see the model finished, despite the challenges. Your model looks quite good; the weathering is impressive.

• Thanks 1

Hi Andrew,

in the end you managed to get a nice result out of the kit👍 I've heared that it is not an easy kit but I guess I will find out once I retrieve mine which is buried somewhere in my stash.

Cheers

Markus

• Thanks 1

Lovely result Andrew, :thumbsup: I know your pain!

I am currently building an An-10 from Mikromir which is the Roden kit reboxed with alternate parts for the An-10 ( The MM parts are not moulded as well as the Roden bits either).

• Thanks 1

What an awesome beast!

You certainly tamed the Roden kit and produced a fantastic result.

Must be quite a large subject in 1/72 scale - a major task getting it all done.

The hard work paid off.  :clap2::thumbsup:

• Thanks 1