Takom 1/35 M46 Patton - and some workspace pics!

Bstarr3

Main painting done on my Korean War M46. This is one of the famous tiger face Pattons from the 6th Tank Battalion, 27th Infantry Division in the early going on the Korean War. I'm making it as part of a diorama for my father in law, as his dad was a communications officer in the 6th. Only a couple WIP pics so far. First primered in black, then with main coat on. Really happy with how the masking went for the yellow, and the stripes are hand painted. 

20200730-225555.jpg

20200815-215417.jpg

And then, some shots of my new updated space. After a year of sweltering in the garage in NC, I finally got some indoor space after my daughter went away to college! 

20200815-215432.jpg

20200816-071656.jpg

20200816-071659.jpg

20200816-071708.jpg

And my homemade spray/photo booth with newly upgraded lighting. 

20200816-071712.jpg

Will post more as the weathering proceeds, and hopefully be able to show pics of my finished diorama... someday. 

• Like 6

Oh good lord i'm having a Patton overdose today......An M48 and now a 46 as well ..... and something about seeing someone else's work area i find nice, seeing were somebody's creative side is put into effect and something new and awesome is delivered to the world .....we should have a thread called" show us your work area" i would find that as inspiring as the models themselves.

Great work on the paint ..definitely one of the more challenging Korean era paint schemes and very eye catching...nice build area too particularly like your paint booth.

Another build to follow if you don't mind.

Steve

spacer.png

Edited by M3talpig
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, phildagreek said:

Looks good! Isn't it great when the kids decide to go to College / University?

2 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Superb paintwork, really catching, great work.

Tag along if I may?

Not to mention, amazingly neat and tidy work space....

Atb

Darryl 

Thanks. Welcome to follow. As for the tidiness of the workspace, I've just moved into it, so it will probably never be this clean again

• Like 1

6 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Oh good lord i'm having a Patton overdose today......An M48 and now a 46 as well ..... and something about seeing someone else's work area i find nice, seeing were somebody's creative side is put into effect and something new and awesome is delivered to the world .....we should have a thread called" show us your work area" i would find that as inspiring as the models themselves.

Great work on the paint ..definitely one of the more challenging Korean era paint schemes and very eye catching...nice build area too particularly like your paint booth.

Another build to follow if you don't mind.

Steve

spacer.png

Thanks. I love seeing peoples work spaces as well, although it usually just ends up making me jealous. I'd love a thread of workbench pics. Where should we start it? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bstarr3 said:

Thanks. I love seeing peoples work spaces as well, although it usually just ends up making me jealous. I'd love a thread of workbench pics. Where should we start it? 

I have no idea or i would have done it already  :D......perhaps a moderator could tell us the best place to start such a topic......interesting not only because it's nice to see were others build but to get good ideas on how to organise your own messy work bench.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M3talpig said:

I have no idea or i would have done it already  :D......perhaps a moderator could tell us the best place to start such a topic......interesting not only because it's nice to see were others build but to get good ideas on how to organise your own messy work bench.

Agreed completely

• Like 2