Replacement part for it alert

Scale_modeller123

Normally the manufacturer will have an address or an email address. I got replacement decals free of charge from Roden by emailing them my postal address. Some manufacturers may charge for handling etc.

Alternatively it shouldn’t be too difficult to scratch build a replacement from plastic sheet. If you don’t have any to hand, yogurt pots etc cut and flattened out can be good for this.

3 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Normally the manufacturer will have an address or an email address. I got replacement decals free of charge from Roden by emailing them my postal address. Some manufacturers may charge for handling etc.

Alternatively it shouldn’t be too difficult to scratch build a replacement from plastic sheet. If you don’t have any to hand, yogurt pots etc cut and flattened out can be good for this.

Thanks for the reply🙂 I have heard that italeri has awful customer service and that if you email them you have to wait for months just to get a rude reply saying they can’t help you. I also probably can’t make the piece due to its shape but I may have to give it a go thanks for the suggestion 😀👍

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Scale_modeller123 said:

Thanks for the reply🙂 I have heard that italeri has awful customer service and that if you email them you have to wait for months just to get a rude reply saying they can’t help you. I also probably can’t make the piece due to its shape but I may have to give it a go thanks for the suggestion 😀👍

I've had nothing but excellent customer service from Italeri. I think it may depend on whether the kit is still in production or not.

I use the customer service page here: https://www.italeri.com/en/contacts

Cheers,

Stuart

Italeri are imported to the UK by the Hobby Company, with a contact here.  If you bought it from a model shop/company in the UK they should be your first port of call, then Italeri as mentioned above if you get no sense from them. :)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Stu_davros said:

I've had nothing but excellent customer service from Italeri. I think it may depend on whether the kit is still in production or not.

I use the customer service page here: https://www.italeri.com/en/contacts

Cheers,

Stuart

Thanks I’ll have  a go 😀

Edited by Scale_modeller123
Grammar

48 minutes ago, Mike said:

Italeri are imported to the UK by the Hobby Company, with a contact here.  If you bought it from a model shop/company in the UK they should be your first port of call, then Italeri as mentioned above if you get no sense from them. :)

I bought it of a model store on Amazon I don't know if that counts but I’ll have a look 😀

On 8/15/2020 at 6:39 PM, Scale_modeller123 said:

I bought it of a model store on Amazon I don't know if that counts but I’ll have a look 😀

If you lost an undercarriage door that has nothing to do with the seller of the kit. It's a different matter if the part was missing when you opened the box but that's not what the original post implies.

5 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

If you lost an undercarriage door that has nothing to do with the seller of the kit. It's a different matter if the part was missing when you opened the box but that's not what the original post implies.

Yes sorry I wasn’t clear I was wondering if italeri replace parts you have lost like Airfix does 

6 hours ago, Scale_modeller123 said:

Yes sorry I wasn’t clear I was wondering if italeri replace parts you have lost like Airfix does 

I contacted Italeri a few years ago when I wanted some parts replaced, It was a second hand kit where the previous owner had used some of the parts. They were really good and supplied the parts with no charge, so send them an email.

John.

On 8/16/2020 at 3:40 AM, Scale_modeller123 said:

I've contacted Italeri a couple on times in the last few years, 1st time to buy a decal sheet, it took a couple of emails to get going but after that no worries, a modest price for the decal sheet & post to New Zealand, about what I expected & was happy to pay, the next time was a canopy which had been broken in transit from the UK. I'd bought it via our local auction site & I approached the seller the first case. The outcome was unsatisfactory in the extreme & its not that they were a small trader or unknown name. It has put me off using Jadlam if I can find it elsewhere. An approach to Italeri got me a replacement canopy again for a modest price & post to New Zealand, this time very well packed, no chance of damage en route. So I'd certainly recommend an approach to them. Hopefully the events of the last few months haven't affected their modus operandi.

Steve.

4 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I've contacted Italeri a couple on times in the last few years, 1st time to buy a decal sheet, it took a couple of emails to get going but after that no worries, a modest price for the decal sheet & post to New Zealand, about what I expected & was happy to pay, the next time was a canopy which had been broken in transit from the UK. I'd bought it via our local auction site & I approached the seller the first case. The outcome was unsatisfactory in the extreme & its not that they were a small trader or unknown name. It has put me off using Jadlam if I can find it elsewhere. An approach to Italeri got me a replacement canopy again for a modest price & post to New Zealand, this time very well packed, no chance of damage en route. So I'd certainly recommend an approach to them. Hopefully the events of the last few months haven't affected their modus operandi.

Steve.

Thanks there seems to be some very mixed feeling round Italeri 😂 I’ve sent them an email so I guess I’ll just have to wait and hope to get a reply.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

I contacted Italeri a few years ago when I wanted some parts replaced, It was a second hand kit where the previous owner had used some of the parts. They were really good and supplied the parts with no charge, so send them an email.

John.

Thanks I’ve done that so I’m hoping to get a  good result 😀

• Like 1