Pee-wit masks

RidgeRunner

Hi all, 

Does anyone else suffer, as I do, with Pee-wit masks? I’ve used them for my last three builds and for each they peel back slowly soon after application, meaning that they need To be pressed down again prior to every airbrushing. I have cleaned the canopy surfaces well with soap and water as well as trying mentholated spirit.  Any thoughts?

Martin 

I've had exactly the same issue. On every kit where I used them, the edges peeled back, despite having firmly pressed them down. On the last kit I finished, an Airfix Blenheim IV, there was a lot of paint that bled underneath but luckily, the toothpick soaked in lighter fluid trick worked well.

I also find that they're not as precisely cut as the Eduard ones. If I had a choice, I'd probably go Eduard every time.

Cheers,

Mark.

53 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

I've had exactly the same issue. On every kit where I used them, the edges peeled back, despite having firmly pressed them down. On the last kit I finished, an Airfix Blenheim IV, there was a lot of paint that bled underneath but luckily, the toothpick soaked in lighter fluid trick worked well.

I also find that they're not as precisely cut as the Eduard ones. If I had a choice, I'd probably go Eduard every time.

Cheers,

Mark.

Agreed