RFM Challenger 2 on the way!

ivan-o

Due into the UK Stores on or about 15th Oct 2020 UK RRP is £49.99 before any retailer discount or £41.66 ex vat.  £49.99 (Excluding postage) is the absolute maximum you need to pay in the UK, if this is from one of our approved retailers.

If this is over this price possibly a none approved retailer or some greedy git.

Edited by TIGER HOBBIESLIMITED
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

There's already a conversion kit for the "Challenger 3" available from someone called Scottcast, possibly only on eBay.  No idea if resin or 3D, but the name suggests resin.  No idea how accurate, nor of course how representative the current prototype will be of the production configuration.

I hear that the Army is looking again at camo schemes and colours for AFV.  Something that isn't plain green, plain sand or NATO-flage.  We have seen pictures here of the 2 Challys experimentally painted in a Berlin-like urban cam.  Sounds like they need the vehicle equivalent of the MTP uniform.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, viper-30 said:

It’s a company with a shop mate. https://www.ams-paints-and-accessories.co.uk/?fbclid=IwAR0q3cKSw9jLEr8Yqc8DxC4n8xNEsnbMsgoYvWXsBjFp28y5zuaWzjkpo1w.

its all cast in resin and rather well done . I already have one .

On the bench or are you going to keep us waiting? 😀

13 hours ago, ivan-o said:

On the bench or are you going to keep us waiting? 😀

It’s in a holding pattern at the moment as I’m playing about with a bridge layer and a husky with a little extra..I’ll stick some pictures up later mate

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anyone know of any makers of ally Chally Barrels 👍 been hunting for them to add to my stash of kits, got an AA resin one, no better than a kit one. a company called Lionmarc did but no longer available. 

Cheers
Mark

Barrels nil LionMarc did one sometime ago but it is now out of production.

I recently completed the trumpeter offering a combination of the op telec and base Challenger 2 kit and have now got the RFM kit and I have to say first glance this looks like a very good kit.

• Thanks 1

With the pressed sheet metal thermal jacket cover the Chally barrels don't lend themselves to being turned from metal as they would then need machining and applique parts to achieve the effect.  Casting in resin or metal would be a better way to reproduce this, but you will inevitably have a seam.  Resin barrels have a nasty habit of being off-true.  3D printed barrels probably fall into the "no better than the kit" category too.  I imagine that eradicating the 3D printing stripes would be a nightmare and would damage other detail.

Resin sleeves over a metal barrel or a combination of resin and metal parts like Magic use on their 120 smoothbore and other barrels would work.  Maybe now we have kits it will stimulate some after-market bits, although the Trumpeter kits were in dire need of help and we didn't get too much for them.  Magic Models do some lovely 105, 120 and 125mm barrels with and without thermal sleeves - but nothing for Chieftain or Challengers so far.  I kinda hope they may turn their eyes in that direction.

BTW I bought an AA M68 105mm barrel with the soft thermal jacket and was very impressed with that.  Infinitely better than the kit parts in that case.  And straight.

I want a replacement Denel 105mm barrel for the nasty parts in the Hobbyboss Olifant if any manufacturer is listening.  At the moment I'm planning to butcher a DEF M68.

• Thanks 1

Fingers Crossed, will look up Magic Models, not heard of them so many thanks, with luck more Chally bits will appear sooner rather than later, got the AA CrAARV- not looking forward to it lol, and a Trumpeter and both the RFM 2’s 

cheers

Mark