Tim's AH-1G Cobra - COMPLETED

theplasticsurgeon

Pitching in with this Revell Cobra.  Costing me £8.99 at Ian Allen closing down sale, Birmingham 2019.

Bought for being at half-price.   About all that was left when I got there 😞

Revell-Cobra.jpg

Offering these opions, both eligable and appealing.

Cobra-Options.jpg

Instructions and decals.

Cobra-Instructions.jpg

Parts.

Cobra-Parts.jpg

• Like 11

welcome along with a build that just has rot be in this GB...an AH-1 Cobra!!!!

If I hadn't had my build choices sorted this would have definitely been on the wish list.

The model looks to be quite detailed, hopefully it'll be a nice build, good luck with her.

........oh and my vote is for the Teeth as well!! :D

6 hours ago, helios16v said:

I'll definitely be following this.  I'm curious to see how this one compares to the SH kit.

This IS the SH kit. 

It's a nice model but take very special care with the canopy parts, as the attachments are very very fragile

• Thanks 1

You're in for a treat of a build.  I'm about 90% of the way through my SH build.  Other than some minor sanding on 1 edge of 1 piece of canopy, the 5 piece canopy fit up like a champ.  I actually went and bought a second one...primarily because I needed some replacement decals...but I had no qualms about adding a second one.

• Thanks 1

arrr I thought the sprue looked similar to someone else's Special Hobby build, it's a re-box.

Should be a nice build........pity Revell couldn't decide if it was a Level 3 & 4 skills build....... maybe you need Level 4 skills to open their ridiculous box! :D

Good to see you're off to a flying start.

• Thanks 1

From what I dug up they were grey until the NVG (night vision) was implemented, at which time they went to black cockpits.  But let it be known I'm far from being a subject matter so there could very well be other options out there.

Field mod (artistic license)! Onward and upward.  B)

• Like 1

she looks to have gone together quite nicely.

I think you may get a bit of leeway with the exact colour as I suspect the paint would have faded quite quickly under the conditions they serviced in. 

9 hours ago, trickyrich said:

she looks to have gone together quite nicely.

I think you may get a bit of leeway with the exact colour as I suspect the paint would have faded quite quickly under the conditions they serviced in. 

That's my excuse lined-up then 🤣