Jump to content

What's your latest acquisition Part V ?


Duncan B

Recommended Posts

On 1/25/2021 at 12:59 PM, luis pacheco said:

Hard to find at a good price.

 

spacer.png

I got me one second-hand two years ago for ... (checks spreadsheet) ... the princely sum of 4 Euro.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I know what my next acquisition will be: a new printer. Our HP 6830 has developed a fault where the cyan prints intermittently and I’m pretty sure the fault is electronic rather than ink flow, looking at the test print pages.

 

Anyway, after the spending the evening trying to find some meaningful reviews and information, I have lost the will to live. I seem to remember this happening last time I had to look for a printer.


Please feel free to chip in if you have any good info. Otherwise, a shedload of Valium to take the edge off would be nice. It may not help me make a decision, but at least I won’t care!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

Well, I know what my next acquisition will be: a new printer. Our HP 6830 has developed a fault where the cyan prints intermittently and I’m pretty sure the fault is electronic rather than ink flow, looking at the test print pages.

 

Anyway, after the spending the evening trying to find some meaningful reviews and information, I have lost the will to live. I seem to remember this happening last time I had to look for a printer.


Please feel free to chip in if you have any good info. Otherwise, a shedload of Valium to take the edge off would be nice. It may not help me make a decision, but at least I won’t care!

When it comes to printers I have specific needs: ethernet enabled, sperate inks (not black and combined colour, but black and cyan, magenta and yellow inks), wi-fi connectivity. The stumbling block is usually the ethernet connection surprisingly. I have ethernet cabling and ports hard wired into the house, so it's easier to have a printer connected via that instead of wi-fi. No signal loss, and all via the router, along with the NAS drive, gaming PC, smart TV, sky box & media PC. All running with 500MB fibre broadband.😁. Don't get any slow downs!

 

Going back to the printers though, I've found the Epson WF series to be fairly reliable. Only downside (and for all printers)  is cost of ink! 

Edited by treker_ed
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A Mikro-Mir whistling wheelbarrow, aka  A-W Argosy (200 series) the one with a BEA Cargo example on the cover but containing decals for a New Zealand registered Safe Air example. 4 weeks from the Ukraine via ebay. It looks like a nice kit. :)

Steve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Mr T said:

Delivery guy made my day when on checking my date of birth that he hoped he looked as young as I do. 67 in two weeks time and don't look a day over 75 (Mrs T said he was just saying that to keep the customer happy, she is great one for the dose of reality)

 

Wives, they don't half have a habit of spoiling things!

13 hours ago, Mr T said:

Re Jenny Agutter, yes well enough said. 

Errm, yes, but Christina Trevannion?  

 

Shefali Oza? 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

Well, I know what my next acquisition will be: a new printer. Our HP 6830 has developed a fault where the cyan prints intermittently and I’m pretty sure the fault is electronic rather than ink flow, looking at the test print pages.

 

Anyway, after the spending the evening trying to find some meaningful reviews and information, I have lost the will to live. I seem to remember this happening last time I had to look for a printer.


Please feel free to chip in if you have any good info. Otherwise, a shedload of Valium to take the edge off would be nice. It may not help me make a decision, but at least I won’t care!

Use some IPA to clean the contacts, maybe it got contaminated.

 

Regards

Robert

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Whofan said:

Christina Trevannion?  

 

Stop it! If  the wife finds out, she won't let me watch Bargain Hunt anymore.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Stop it! If  the wife finds out, she won't let me watch Bargain Hunt anymore.

Your wife reads BM? 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Whofan said:

 

Wives, they don't half have a habit of spoiling things!

Errm, yes, but Christina Trevannion?  

 

Shefali Oza? 

 

Not a programme I watch, but I can see where you are coming from. As my dad said in later life, 'no harm in window shopping'. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Mr T said:

Not a programme I watch, but I can see where you are coming from. As my dad said in later life, 'no harm in window shopping'. 

 

I agree, especially when my wife's watching tv and Harrison Ford comes on:-)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another arrival from Ukraine, this time ordered over 9 weeks ago, an Italeri Tornado with Luftwaffe experimental markings, #171, I really fancied that scheme. It occurred to me that the disparity in shipping time could be put down to the Covid crisis & restricted international carrying capacity. I reckon they probably both left Ukraine at the same time.

Steve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMG_8293_HEIC-M.jpg

 

I think I now have German aviation from WW1 right through to 1945 covered with my latest purchase from Sovereign Hobbies. I can't praise these paints enough, the colour accuracy is fantastic, particularly for the RLM period stuff and they are so easy to use. It might seem like a backward step to be buying enamel paints these days but these perform every bit as well as lacquer based acrylics that I normally use and dry very quickly too.

 

Duncan B

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From Amazon for £21, 

 

IMG_0541

 

You get, in the box,  the exploded view as a poster as well.

 

One of my nieces and her partner have done this and turned the jigsaw into a framed picture. Something I might very well do. Accompanying this was another 1,000 piece jigsaw of Padstow harbour. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Duncan B said:

IMG_8293_HEIC-M.jpg

 

I think I now have German aviation from WW1 right through to 1945 covered with my latest purchase from Sovereign Hobbies. I can't praise these paints enough, the colour accuracy is fantastic, particularly for the RLM period stuff and they are so easy to use. It might seem like a backward step to be buying enamel paints these days but these perform every bit as well as lacquer based acrylics that I normally use and dry very quickly too.

 

Duncan B

I have the humbrol equivalents of RLM 72 + 73 for an Ar 196 and they look too alike, those colour coats look better.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, PARROTTOID said:

I have the humbrol equivalents of RLM 72 + 73 for an Ar 196 and they look too alike, those colour coats look better.

Colourcoats RLM colours are very accurate as they are matched to the most widely accepted research carried out on these colours.

 

Duncan B

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

New rucksack. Finally retired my beloved old Karrimor Alpiniste that I bought in 1988 when I was 19. To be fair she still has plenty miles in her, but the colours are very, er, “of their time”. New pack is an Osprey Archeon 70, an absolute bomber with traditional styling that appeals to me. (I actually bought another Osprey pack first but it had an annoying creak in the harness, their customer service were superb though and replaced it with this superior model 👍🏻)

 

I have nine rucksacks, like my six bikes and four tents I tell SWMBO that they all do different jobs but I’m not sure this line washes with plastic kits.

 

spacer.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, PARROTTOID said:

I have the humbrol equivalents of RLM 72 + 73 for an Ar 196 and they look too alike

I’m finding the same with their 70 and 71. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A single-stage reloading press and dies for 577/450 Martini-Henry, for a long-term project.

 

Also, regrettably, a new furnace after the old one gave up the ghost, which is one of the reasons the above project is long term.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Whofan said:

You get, in the box,  the exploded view as a poster as well.

 

A lot of space with not a lot going on there (e.g. lots of white), that's going to take a while to figure out!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

 

Hmmm, a rucksack stash - wonder how many BM'ers have one of those....?! :)

 

Keith


I have one that’s the equivalent of a mint original Airfix Spitfire... early 70s Berghaus rucksack in as new condition that I got on eBay for a fiver. Never have used it, never will 😂

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/27/2021 at 11:43 PM, lasermonkey said:

Well, I know what my next acquisition will be: a new printer. Our HP 6830 has developed a fault where the cyan prints intermittently and I’m pretty sure the fault is electronic rather than ink flow, looking at the test print pages.

 

Anyway, after the spending the evening trying to find some meaningful reviews and information, I have lost the will to live. I seem to remember this happening last time I had to look for a printer.


Please feel free to chip in if you have any good info. Otherwise, a shedload of Valium to take the edge off would be nice. It may not help me make a decision, but at least I won’t care!

As I only tend to print in black and not that frequently documents/lables, I got feed up with the ink clogging up and having to clean the nozzels of my ink jet. So in the end gave up and purchased a HP Black only laser printer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/01/2021 at 8:34 PM, fatfingers said:

Hopefully it won't be cut like the recent showing on British Tv

I noticed that the scene where Indy is hanging on the submarines periscope was missing. The melting faces wasn't cut in the movie shown tonight.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Wez said:

 

A lot of space with not a lot going on there (e.g. lots of white), that's going to take a while to figure out!

There is, however it just becomes a patience game, same as one jigsaw we did where there was a lot of white cloud.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mike locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...