What's your latest acquisition Part V ?

Duncan B

25 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Can you give us the dimensions, and where you got them from please?

Thanks,

John.

Hi. They are Argos' own, already got one in Walnut, these are Oak. No major hassle to build with 2 people. They are quite small so fit in handily and Emma and I do make small kits.

Size H172, W58, D33cm.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/6141303

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Popped over to Halifax Modellers World this afternoon and kicked off this years stash aquisitions.
Zvezda 1/72 C-130H Hercules
Screenshot-2021-01-03-1-Facebook.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

Hi. They are Argos' own, already got one in Walnut, these are Oak. No major hassle to build with 2 people. They are quite small so fit in handily and Emma and I do make small kits.

Size H172, W58, D33cm.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/6141303

Thanks very much for that Tim. My son works in the big Argos warehouse in Basildon, so maybe he can get some for me. I know that he gets a 10% discount.

John.

• Like 1

Had decided to spend less in 2021 but as these were all ordered in 2020 they don't count -  SWMBO has lodged an appeal on that decision.

From Books etc.

RAF Coastal Command – A Pictorial History by Keith Wilson and published by Amberley , still slowly catching up on an order made mid-month and rather unusually being delivered a book at a time about a week apart although from email notifications the delay is in dispatch rather than delivery

From Amazon

Mirage F1 – Escadron de Recconaissance 2/33 Savoie , fantastic images as always by Alexandre Paringaux and text (in French throughout) by Frédéric Lert and published  by Zephyr

From The Military & Aviation Book Centre

The two latest releases from the Duke Hawkins Aircraft In Detail Series015 Phantom II F-4E/F/EJ and RF-4 and 016 SIAI Marchetti SF-260 Flying With Air Forces Around The World , excellent service with order placed around close of play on Christmas Eve and delivered despite a four day long weekend in between on New Year’s Eve afternoon

From my local Newsagent

RAF Air Campaigns 1991 – 2021 bookazine published by KEY

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Des said:

Mirage F1 – Escadron de Recconaissance 2/33 Savoie , fantastic images as always by Alexandre Paringaux and text (in French throughout) by Frédéric Lert and published  by Zephyr

Oooh nice... Ive got a SAAF F1 for the Africa group build. I need to find something for info on load-outs and interior shots. My first Mirage of any type since 1987.

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

An Airfix Trident 1c from the local auction site for a Okish price, been after one for a while, intending to do the Cyprus Airways one wrecked at Nicosia Airport. Chris, @stringbag helped me out with some info re converting it to the correct version a while ago & I'll be looking to get some decals for it very soon. Also a Fujimi 1/144 B-29 from the local auction site, for a far better price than these normally seem to go for. I'll be looking to do it as a Hump flying version.

Steve.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 4:28 AM, Cuppa_joe said:

This wonderful gift..don't know how it made it down the chimney... 

IMG_20210102_204854034

this as well as a 1/48 EA6B prowler in Kinetic. CMK 1/48 detail up for FW190

Ooooh I want a Type .IX myself, I have a fully intact one about 27 miles from me U-505. Ive walked through it about ten times over forty years. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_submarine_U-505

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Cuppa_joe said:

@Corsairfoxfouruncle ooo! Very lucky to have access to that museum, it's only something most can see online. 

I have stopped there on wiki to get some info when this came up, so good to have a accessable display. 

If you need help when you get around to building this let me know. Its been a few years since Ive been to the museum. Maybe I can get over there when things get back to normal soon and possibly take photo’s for you. 

• Like 1

@Corsairfoxfouruncle Hey mate, i will yell out if need be! although i must admit to having scores of references courtesy of other users on youtube that were generous enough to share their resources. I will say though that going to a local air museum ( i checked for P40's for you and nothing...sorry) and found that simply having the phones location on, i was able to tag all the pictures inside and attribute it to the link via google therefore saving personal data space as well as a easy point of  reference for us.
The museum mentioned was: The Australian National Aviation Museum in moorabbin which happens to be in my city. very luucky indeed for our AUS/NZ GB! 

• Thanks 1

How do chaps,

Had a cheeky visit to Halifax Modellers World today and came away with...

Bronco British/Commonwealth AFV Crew.

Master Box British Infantry Western Europe. 

Both look very nice on the sprue and the MB set comes with a Vickers MG and a loaded Piat! 

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

Hi Steve, must have just missed you as I was there this afternoon. 

Picked up two AZ Hornets (F.3 and 4) some paints and an IBG 1/72nd scale scale Bedford QL refueller. Dave was saying going to do click and collect, if he is allowed to if (when, thinking of PM being on telly tonight) we go back into lockdown. 

Hope you are well and managing. Mrs T is gearing herself up for extra work doing vaccinations. Care Homes around here next week with the Oxford vaccine which will be a lot easier l, hopefully she will get one herself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr T said:

Hi Steve, must have just missed you as I was there this afternoon.  

Hi Martin,

I was there about 12ish and left after a good half hour or so. Well i think click & collect is a great idea - he is selling essential goods after all 😉

I'm good thanks and hope you and Mrs T are both good too. Good to hear that the 'vax' is being given to care homes and hopefully Mrs T should get hers as well before too long. 

Keep safe,

Steve

• Like 2

I didn't get there until just after three and spent about 20 mins there, was on a meter and didn't want to hang around given the circumstances

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Ooooh I want a Type .IX myself, I have a fully intact one about 27 miles from me U-505. Ive walked through it about ten times over forty years. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_submarine_U-505

Ah, I remember reading about the U505 in Admiral Daniel V Gallery's 'We Captured A U Boat' a considerable number of years ago.  Would have loved to go and see it, but a little too far away!

Edited by 593jones
  • Like 1

My Hannants Christmas order arrived! 

Brengun 1/48 Rutan Quickie, 1/48 A-6 and T-6 decals, and Mark I Models 1/720 USN K-Type Blimp K-19/43/125

mark1-usn-k-type.jpg

This kit has markings for now-closed MCAF Santa Ana, ex NLTAS Santa Ana; later known as MCAS Tustin and now the "Tustin blimp hangars." 

• Like 3

A new central heating radiator for the one that started leaking on Boxing Day. It was quite old, in fact so old the new one needed a spacer to fit between the pipes as it a metric size. Seems to be much more efficient, less full of rubbish.

On a brighter note, made my first batch of marmalade from a recent purchase of Seville oranges. Tastes OK and the set seems about right. 

• Like 5

A sheet of Aeroclub 7mm white civil registration letters and Modeldecal sheet No. 54, which contains the post war tactical red/blue roundels.

I wish there was a contemporary source for civil registration letters, because they're bloomin' hard to get hold of nowadays.

Floaty bits.

I blame Drachinifel's Naval history stuff for this :D

Borodino class battleship, battle of Tsushima 1905. Either the Oryel or the Suvorov, not sure yet how it will end up.

Also some brass barrels instead of plastic.

Now, who does a Kamchatka to match....:hmmm:

A dodgy vague brand KOR-2/Beriev Be.4 in 1/72

And some light reading material..

y4meBjKB1AMYvYmRcQMc5SbH7wAyy6x5cVmrog4O

• Like 3

Emma wanted some Toon Tanks from Kingkit and since I was paying postage anyway...

spacer.png

One of the Gustavs will be for a postwar Czech scene, the Cobra for an Alaskan Air Corridor airfield, pair up a G and K for a late war duo and do something with the other K in Italian markings probably.

• Like 2

A friend of mine's father was a fitter on a Lancaster Sqn and was the artistof any nose art. 

So I thought it appropriate to buy a kit of a Lancaster with one of his works.

So I now (at last) have the Airfix BII - to be finished as JI-F👍

• Like 5