What's your latest acquisition Part V ?

Merry Christmas and truly hoping everyone here has a better ‘21. So far on my Chrimbo prezzies I have all in 1/72 Hasegawa Mirage F.1c with MAVDecals for a SAAF in the late 70’s, destined for the Africa Group build. A Hasegawa A-4F which will be converted into a Kiwi scooter for the A-4 STGB. Will order the correct decals on Monday. Hasegawa P-40N for a Kiwi Warhawk, decals will be ordered on Monday. And last up is an Academy P-40E for an RAAF Kittyhawk. Both P-40’s will be used for the upcoming ANZAC build. Will be adding to this on Sunday as My Brother in law is out of the ICU and we can celebrate Christmas all be it a bit late. 

Dennis

• Like 8

I must have been a good boy this year:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

These three arrived yesterday morning, and I'm well chuffed.  I've ordered a small shed's worth of AM for them.

• Like 6

A bit  late but some nice books for Christmas. 

Volume 4 of 'British Secret Projects Bombers 1935-50' 2nd edition 

'Midland Mainline Sheffield to St Pancras 1957-63'

'A History of Hornby Dublo 1938-1964'

1/72nd scale Academy F35A with a lot of different markings on a decal sheet that fills the box.

Both MrsT and my brother bought me some coffee beans, El Salvador, Ethiopian and Brazilian. 

• Like 1

Some more Eduard photoetch and Masks. Buccaneer S.2C SS 694 P/E set, CX 556 mask, F/A-18F 72643 P/E set and CX525 mask. And Master Model Hawker Siddeley Buccaneer Pitot Tube and Refueling Probe AM-72081.

Tis the last modelling splurge of this horrendous year.

New Airfix Sherman and Tiger 1 kits in 1/72nd scale, new toolbox plus a couple of socket sets to update my toolkit so I'm not so dependant on my stepson's stuff.

On 28/12/2020 at 23:17, dnl42 said:

Also some 1/144 B-29 engines

Could I ask where you bought those from, could do with a set or two myself  :)

Keith

1 minute ago, keefr22 said:

Could I ask where you bought those from, could do with a set or two myself  :)

I bought them direct from the Brengun site as none of the US retailers offered those parts. @Jan Sobotkaprovides excellent service! 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, dnl42 said:

I bought them direct from the Brengun site as none of the US retailers offered those parts

Thanks, I can't find them in the UK either - will try Brengun when (hopefully) the Brexit nonsense sorts itself out in the New Year!

Keith

In my HLJ private warehouse are one of the new 1:72 Fine Molds Japanese Phantoms (Last Flight Memorial Blue), the 1:72 Dream Models USMC AH-1Z Viper, and the 1:72 CMK Phantom FG.1 resin cockpit set (which I'll try to use on an older Fujimi kit - A&AEE 25th Anniversary).

Sometime in the next 52 days, the private warehouse will be unleashed!

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 5

New decals from the Big H all RAAF and KIWI Roundels,

Qfia8H4.jpg

RAAF P-40’s,

d1Jxl4i.jpg

Eisenhower’s Mustang, this is one I’ve been dying to do for more than twenty years. 

kbFyf8Z.jpg

And last but not least this for the Panzer III STGB. mhwaFDc.png

Dennis

• Like 2

called into my LMS to get some paint and somehow left with an academy 1/144 B47 , well my excuse was it has an upper heyford option on the transfer/decal sheet 

• Like 2

NewIwata

The postman delivered this yesterday so you know what I will be playing with today. :)

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Billy54 said:

NewIwata

The postman delivered this yesterday so you know what I will be playing with today. :)

Ooooh Nice I have the exact same one. I love it and don't even use my HP-BCS anymore with the .5 needle.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Ooooh Nice I have the exact same one. I love it and don't even use my HP-BCS anymore with the .5 needle.

Yes you are right it is nice. I used it today and it was such an improvement on my Paasche double action. I believe our local Hobby Lobby has an Iwata Airbrush Cleaning kit in stock and I plan on picking that up tomorrow.

• Like 1

This wonderful gift..don't know how it made it down the chimney... 

IMG_20210102_204854034

this as well as a 1/48 EA6B prowler in Kinetic. CMK 1/48 detail up for FW190

• Like 3