What's your latest acquisition Part V ?

Duncan B

37 minutes ago, Julien said:

If its the one im thinking about some of the accuracy is not that great. I know someone who worked on them extensively in the RAF, he tried to help the maker of this kit to no avail.  I have some drawings somewhere I will see if I can dig out for you. 

Thanks Julien

much appreciated and will drop you a pm

John

Treated myself to a proper workplace.

New height-adjustable 160x80cm desk from the blue/yellow store.
Adjustable daylight LED desk lamp (EVERYTHING shows up now - AAAAAAGH!)

Some under-a-tenner kits for the collection

Arma Mk.IIB Hurricane w/overtrees, some PE anti-glare shields for night fighters and a set of new canopies for the ones already in the stash.

y4mDr9Kqf6-4YfgHz_JgBreMf4in0yJg665L0oG9

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I’ve just got the 809 Sqn book just released last week, 512 pages for £10. Also the Duke Hawkins VIGGEN reference book.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1787631583/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and

50500862141_04e450269b_c.jpg

Edited by speedy
  • Like 2

On 10/19/2020 at 8:02 PM, JohnT said:

Picked a 1/32 Bristol Bloodhound on EBay cheapish. Now I have to look up references etc cos I know little about them other than they are British pointy anti aircraft things :hmmm:

John is this the KFS version?. I did their EE Thunderbird last year and at Telford the chap said he was working on a Bloodhound.......

Edited by speedy
Spelling

40 minutes ago, speedy said:

John is this the KFS version?. I did there EE Thunderbird last year and at Telford the chap said he was working on a Bloodhound.......

Hi Speedy

no its the Dave Parkins Flightpath version.  I got it less than half normal price so happy with that.  I wouldnt have bought one except this time the bidding seemed slowish so took a punt.  Not a subject I know anything about beyond building the old Airfix one with Land Rover and police dog back in the 60's.  Glue everywhere if I recall.

• Haha 1

1/48 Eduard Tempest V Royal boxing

1/48 DK Spitfire I/II Aces and IX Aces decals

And two books:

Hawker Typhoon and Tempest

The Typhoon and Tempest Story

While I'm venturing into heretical other scales, I'm weighing getting a 1/35 Challenger 2 kit. But not yet.

• Like 6

There are two parts to the latest stash expansion. First up, the very best from Mother Russia (Zvezda in other words), which I've bought over the past few weeks, following on from other Zvezda kits:

DSC01333_dr_020.jpg

The three jet kits surely need no explanation or justification.  Combined, they contain over 850 parts (!!!). Part of this is Zvezda's generosity with external stores. All told, they have over 80 items of ordnance, not counting wing-tip pods and a belly gun pack. Even after outfitting all three kits, the leftovers will constitute a full Soviet/Russian weapons set. Zvezda decals really look to be getting much better as well. For the AFVs, the Jagdpanther may well join the Panther kit in that GB. The SU-85 is a minor revision of the SU-100 that I already have. The Panzer IV should make for an interesting comparison with the Revell kits. And it's a lot cheaper.

Yesterday, I also plundered a stash my local shop had bought in. Here's what I walked away with:

DSC01335_dre_020.jpg

Some of these were very high on my want list, especially the Norseman and Meteor. Another Gazelle and Vampire are very welcome as well, especially being "vintage" issues. And the Spitfire VB was my very first foray into modelling back in 1976, although this 1990 rebox is not molded in blue. Ah well ...

• Like 8

About 100 unbuilt and partially built kits and decals from my friend’s late father, ranging from airliners to obscure types. When I’ve sorted them out properly some of them will be appearing on the ‘ for sale/wants/ swaps ‘ thread and some of them ‘free to a good home’.

• Like 7

I have dabbled with Car kits before but i am newbie with them but i have a few in the stash, but i have been looking for the Lamborghini Veneno for awhile and i found it on KingKit not sure its worth it's £49.99 price tag but i am happy i have the kit. And i saw they had the Tamiya Ford GT as well so i grabbed that at the same time.

50523930136_da5cc8c0d6_c.jpgIMG_2262 by HarrierViperFan, on Flickr

50523925781_be0bfc09d2_c.jpgIMG_2261 by HarrierViperFan, on Flickr

• Like 7

From Amazon

Mirage IV - La fin d'un règne by Alexander Paringaux published by Zephyr , French language throughout but heavily illustrated and although covering the development of the Mirage IV and service of the IVA and IVP in the nuclear role the bulk of the outstanding illustrations cover the final years of service in the reconnaissance role with ERS 1/91 ‘Gascoigne’ , have had the relevant plastic and resin on the shelf for a few years and another thread earlier in the week got me thinking about expanding my references

From The Aviation & Military Book Centre

Latest releases from Duke Hawkins Aircraft in Detail with No.13 Dassault Mirage III/5/50  and  No.14 Douglas M/N/AR Skyhawk published by HMH Publications , a photographic feast as always

Via eBay

Two 15ml bottles of Humbrol matched Roots Model Paint 64 Light Grey Acrylic Paint , never heard of the brand before but usually use the Humbrol equivalent as an undercoat so will see how this and the advertised suggestions that it goes a lot further compares

A Dragon Ar234 B2/B2b from the local auction site, the one with it trying to bomb the Remagen bridge on the box art. I'd been after one for an age & when this popped up I hit the buy now & worried how to pay for it later, the method of which I refuse to divulge, most of all to SHE. ;) :D

I visited the site of the bridge in 1983, so this one is a bit special, more than can be said for the buildability of the kit according to reviews. :( 

Steve.

• Like 3

On 10/24/2020 at 10:26 AM, Biggles87 said:

That’s a very tidy desk alt-92, how long will it stay like that?

erhm...

y4mzEVbbaHoAh0eIc-RIlPVEeS1vbvU9DdFbGtxc

:P

At least it's four times the size of my former workspace, so the usual sprawling isn't that noticeable :) 
It does allow for keeping builds separated.

I use plastic containers (like those one-portion ice cream ones) to collect all the small bits per build as soon as the main parts are assembled. 
They then go into the storage drawers just visible on the right if needed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Thanks to the generosity of two BM members, boxes arrived from opposite sides of the world over the past few weeks. One from Australia and one from Canada.

50535746193_21ffd2a3fc_b.jpg

Looking rather sorry for itself, and much in need of some love and tender care, a rare AV Usk kit of the Caproni Ca.133.

50536611982_d8a13fbb87_b.jpg

And a Cant Z.1007. I don’t think either kit was very numerous in their heyday, but they’re super rare these days. That makes the kindness of the two BMers who offered them to me for my 1940 collection all the more special. 🥰

Both were part of the Italian Air Force's contribution to the Battle of Britain, and came up in conversation on my thread detailing building the Fiat aircraft of the CAI in October 1940 as part of the Battle of Britain 80th GB. Neither of these kits is going to make the GB now, with less than a week left, but will find their way into the build schedule eventually.

• Like 7

1/48 Tamiya P-47D Razorback (possible conversion to a C)

Eduard Brassin P-51 Bazooka Tubes (for a P-40 build......I hope)

Rosie Riveter 0.75mm and 1mm

2 Iwata HP-C+ Needles (apparently I am a bull in a china shop with these needles)

2 Eduard PSP 1/48 Bases

• Like 1

Not arrived yet, but winging it's way to me, 30 sanding sticks for 7 quid P&P free, three Chris de Burgh CDs for a tenner (including postage), and best of all, some much wanted mini drill bits, courtesy of the kindness of a BMer.

John.

• Like 4

Decals for my Heller Warning Star, courtesy of @hsr, who is a gentleman. Many thanks Howard.

Now I just need to summon the courage to take on the beast!

spacer.png

Edited by TonyOD
  • Like 1

A trip to Halifax Modellers World, ostensibly to restock on modelling essentials before the next lockdown which I am pretty sure is going to happen at some stage before Xmas and West Yorkshire and Leeds in tier 3 from Monday with a set of rules that seem to be less than models of clarity. 

Came out of the shop some paint and glues and also:

Kora Fairey IIIF that was on backorder

Dora Wings Lysander III (not the Special Duties variant) 

Arma Hobby oby Expert edition of the Fokker EV. I have fancied one of these for a while as my Aeroclub version is getting a little tired. 

Shock, horror!! Vespid Models Comet tank. I do not usually build armour, but I like the Comet (love child of the Cromwell and Centurion) and it is the right scale (1/72nd) 

Zvezda Hercules and Arma Hurricane IIb/c on back order, Dave thinks he will do click and collect if he cannot open what currently passes for normal. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Mr T said:

Shock, horror!! Vespid Models Comet tank. 

Welcome to the dark side and we'll make an armour modeller of you yet Mr T.... 

Will you do a WIP? 

Regards,

Steve

• Haha 1