What's your latest acquisition Part V ?

Duncan B

Still no sign of that twin-engined kit-that-shall-not-be-named.

Therefore I consoled myself with this bunch:

y4mhQWlBgXJAeVH-wTqhpsa2Pcie9n31h41PzxD9

Surfacer 1500 and SLT is getting scarce, so if I see it somewhere, it's mine. 40mm Tamiya tape, MRP red for some Hinomaru (decals disintegrating)
Belgian and PR hurri decals come with resin bits, Rosie the riveters single & double.

Ex-AM B-25 for the 18 (NEI) Sqn RAAF set. Arma Hobby Hurri I Trop because that's the only one missing from their range.

The Modelsvit XP-55 Rear-ender is remarkably detailed, nice kit, PE included.

• Like 8

Last week, I went into my local hobby shop to collect a First to Fight Hanomag Ausf. A that I ordered many months ago, but couldn't resist three Revell kits issued last year. To be fair, all were on my "want" list.

The Ju 88A-1:

1256478-24719-62-pristine.jpg

The Hawk T.1:

1256474-15610-53-720.jpg

The ex-Toxso M109 A6 "Paladin". It looks as if Revell now owns the molds. No relation to the earlier Revell M109 kits.

1260247-21856-97-720.jpg

... and I've also got two of a certain recently released Airfix kit:

1260478-17841-64-720.jpg

Edited by klr
  • Like 10

Been accumulating stuff for an evolving "project" that started out as an OOB build of the Revell Lancaster, but the more I found out about the aircraft the more exciting it became and now it's going to be a 9 Squadron double build of the Lanc and the modern-day Typhoon that bears the same codes in remembrance of its illustrious forbear. When eventually finished they will be centrepiece of the model room SWMBO has promised me. I just picked this up on the 'bay to go with.

spacer.png

Edited by TonyOD
  • Like 11

This arrived recently from BlackMike Models, stunning looking aircraft in this scheme, always fancied a Mig 23 in 1/48, arrived fast too and well packed, Thanks Duncan, just hope I can do it justice in this scheme ... others are provided in box.

9rVD9Ms.jpg

• Like 4

Although I haven't received it, I did just order an Airfix Bristol Beaufort from Hannants. They finally got some in. I also ordered a set of Kitworld decals for the Beaufort.

Unfortunately, Hannants was all out of the Eduard canopy masking set. Oh bother!

Chris

• Like 1

Two pairs of white “witch hat” knobs for two of my Jazzmasters. They’re not official Fender parts (those are about £25 per set!) but are only around a fiver a set.

I’ve already fitted a set to my red Jazzmaster and liked them. On these two, I’m going to try ageing them in coffee. Strange as it sounds, soaking them in coffee can age white plastics, making them more in keeping with older items.

• Like 1

From the last couple of weeks;

IMG_20210409_111812076

The two Hobby2000 kits were from the ebay seller that @lasermonkey kindly mentioned in this thread a couple of weeks back - both posted for only a couple of quid more than Hannants want for just the Buffalo. The little Hunter tub from Kingkit as I'd been meaning to get one since they were released and when looking around the other day it seems they may have been discontinued, and this was the only one I could find for sale. Beaufort and some fancy new Infini Model paint mixing cups via the usual exemplary service from Scalemodelshop. Beaufort looks nice in the box.

Keith

• Like 4

Having read and enjoyed the memoirs in Spitfire by John Nichols several times since it was published, I was keen to track down a copy of his Lancaster.

I found several second hand copies but they weren't cheap. (I like cheap). But this morning I tried again on the bay and got directed to Music Magpie.

Would you believe a Hardback edition for just over a fiver? Then two Bill Bryson favourites popped up, Mother tongue and a Short history of nearly everything.

Both less than three quid each. And they were all post free! I paypallled before they changed their minds! Bargain.

• Like 3

Some Olio Fiat decals for an, as yet unbought, Italeri Fiat Abarth 131 & the correct style Cromodora wheels for the one that won the 1977 Rally of New Zealand. I'm hopeful of being able to adapt the decals for this, with maybe some home printed RoNZ door placards etc. Both from Spotmodels. I also had a notification from HLJ that the latest boxing from Finemolds of their RF-4EJ Kai has found its way into my private warehouse. Gosh, how did that happen. 😮

Steve.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

In need of a spare engine part for my 787-8 build, hoping Revell have the part but decided to look out for a -9 to supply the part and hopefully build one long term, naturally being a bit of a walIy ended up bidding and now winning another -8 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Yesterday I saw a buy it now lot on eBay which consisted of an Italeri B-66, a Revell Hunter FGA.9 and a Revell F-104G (all 1/72) for £25 plus postage. I clicked the "watch" button, as I thought it seemed like a reasonable price and might be tempted later.

Anyway, this evening I received an offer from the seller. He'd reduced it to £20 plus six quid to post them. He added on the listing that he was ditching 1/72 (for shame!) and was offloading his stash. Another addition to the blurb was that he will throw in a few more kits (unspecified) and some mystery decals. I thought that was too good to pass up, so I've just bought them.

I've been after a B-66 for a while now. I stupidly didn't buy any a couple of years ago, when they were cheap and plentiful. The price has gone up quite a bit of late and I've seen people pay almost what I did here just for the one kit. I have a few Hunters in the stash, but it'll be a welcome addition. I've also been vaguely tempted to do a Luftwaffle Starfighter, so now's my chance. All in all, that wasn't a bad catch at all. I'll keep you updated as to what extras might turn up in the parcel.

As far as the "relic job" on the guitar knobs goes, the soaked in coffee trick seems to be working. I've left one set in a very strong brew since this afternoon, and they've already started to yellow. The untouched set look starkly white in comparison. I still have a way to go until I reach the desired level of staining, but I think it's doable.

In addition- thinking more on the B-66 and how the availability and therefore price has changed so much in a relatively short time, this is something I have noticed with other kits on eBay just recently. Kits that maybe a year or two ago could be bought for relatively bargain prices are now considerably more expensive. For instance, I never paid more than forty quid for any of my Airfix Victors, and now they’re going for over sixty. Eduard 1/72 Bf110s used to be very common, with the weekend boxings going for £7-8. Of course, I never bought one, thinking I could pick up one at any time, I still don’t have one, as the prices are well over twice that these days. If there’s one thing I have learnt, it’s to pounce when they’re cheap!

Edited by lasermonkey
  • Like 9

From Amazon

A-1 Skyraider Illustrated by Lou Drendel and published through Amazon , latest addition to the series and first for this year which came out in print form this week , good bit thicker than many of the other subjects and accordingly a little bit more expensive but essentially well covered except perhaps for the RN's AEW.1 and their later use as target tugs in Sweden which only get a double-page spread between them , picked up a few Skyraider books over the years and quite a few new-to-me illustrations in this.

From Tesco

SPYPLANES  Airborne Espionage-Essential Guide from KEY Publications , latest 'Special' and covers some very interesting subjects with many in some depth and others not for example AdlA's Transall Gabriel and Flygvapnet's Caravelle both get four pages each while the E-3 Skywarrior and B-66 Destroyer share two between them of which the latter gets about half of one page but all intriguing none-the-less.

• Like 2

Visited the model shop now we are allowed, couldn’t  yesterday as had big ticket eBay item potentially pending and I didn’t want to be constrained, turned out despite the shelves being well stocked their was nothing must buy though an academy c-130 would have had the zvezda not been on the market, so just got the Airfix hawk t2 reissue. 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

My 9 Squadron project is snowballing... as well as Lancaster WS-J "Johnnie Walker" and the Eurofighter Typhoon that carries the WS-J codes in its honour, it will now feature a Green Bats Tornado GR.1 that has the Johnnie Walker "Still Going Strong" nose art for the same reason. An OOB build from Revell that I found out about today. Incoming!

spacer.png

• Like 4