What's your latest acquisition Part V ?

Duncan B

An Airfix Buccaneer S2Band a Mikro Mir AW52 has mysteriously appeared in my stash after I took a click and drop parcel to our local delivery office and collected some paint from click and collect at B&Q for a major project of refurbishing the kitchen cabinets (19 doors plus five draws as near as I can make out). After all, I cannot fritter my time away building models. The problem with Mrs T not being able to go away when she has leave and working from home more often is that she finds more things to keep me 'occupied' 🏡🛠️🖌️😉

Edited by Mr T
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Been buying some second-hand books from a variety of sources and which have now mostly been delivered –  eBay , Abe , Amazon – based on each costing much less including shipping than a monthly magazine , some from the 60s/early 70s had been beyond my means when new , some filling gaps in my collection and others a bit of a trip down Memory Lane remembered from libraries and rare purchases since lost.

F-4 Phantom II  by Richard E. Gardner , published 1970 by Almarks Publications

US Military Aircraft Designations and Serials 1909 to 1979 by John M. Andrade , 1997 reprint of 1979 original published by Midlands Counties Publications

Hawk Comes Of Age by Peter R. March  and  Proud Heritage-A Pictorial History of British Aerospace Aircraft by Phil Coulson , both published 1995 by RAF Benevolent Fund Enterprises

Fire Bombers by Philip Wallick and published 1987 by Osprey , another one of their rather prolific ‘Colour Series’ to add to the sixty or so others I already have

Harrier The V/STOL Warrior by John Dibbs and Tony Holmes , 2012 reprint with a new cover design and image by Bounty Books of a 1992 Osprey original which happens to be one of the sixty or so mentioned above so will be added to a pile waiting for delivery to a friend once normal service is resumed

And a little stack of Ian Allan publications

The Best of the International Air Tattoo by Peter R. March , published 1989 and full of the colour illustrations that used to grace the same publisher’s Aircraft Illustrated and Air Extra . . . .  £5.99 when new cost second-hand via Amazon £1.00 with free shipping

Pageant of the Air by Kenneth Munson , published 1966

British Combat Aircraft IN ACTION since 1945 by David Oliver , published 1987

Warplanes of the World 1960 , 1966 and 1968 all by John W.R. Taylor , Military Aircraft of the World 1979 by John W.R. Taylor and Gordon Swanborough , Helicopters of the World 1978  by Michael J.H & John W.R. Taylor none were produced as regularly as the annual Observer’s book but similar format with twice the page size and at the time the single small black & white image from all series were often the sole reference for some project or another

• Like 3

FLOATPLANES - War Planes of the Second World War series - William Green, & some Ventura RNZAF Mustang decals including the ones for a civil ownwed Mustang that flew in New Zealand during the 60s which I recall seeing. Really rapt to have the latter. Also a Mistercraft Mirage 2000C, crap decals but the spares from the forthcoming Modelsvit kit will find a good home. 

Steve.

• Like 2

As today is my birthday, a few new items have appeared, although few related to modelling. The most direct item is a set of Lifecolor paints for the RAAF which will be useful for the T6 group build. Also a new pair of binoculars (Celeston 10x42 roof prism) that were apparently half price. They seem nice and a brighter view than than my current pair of 7x35. Also a few books and some clothes. Son, daughter and sister in law have given me Coffee, fat rascals, marmalade a tee shirt with the Soup Dragon from the Clangers and  some fairly funky veg and salad seeds. A nice set of pressies considering how difficult shopping can be. 

About to enjoy some homemade tapas and a chocolate birthday cake. 🎂🎁🍾🤓

• Like 6

Last week I happened to mention on Facebook that I wish I'd kept a Wingnut Wings Bristol Fighter for myself when I had the chance. Having seen my post a customer of mine contacted me to say he had one I could have at a very reasonable price.

IMG_8373_HEIC-M.jpg

I am now the very happy owner of a WnW Bristol Fighter, all parts still sealed in their poly bags with HGW seatbelts and paint mask in the box too. Don't ask me when I'll pluck up the courage to build it though!

Duncan B

• Like 9

New squirty wotsit.

50929229411_945460e9ed_b.jpg

I am waiting while the box rises from somewhere around -20°C to near room temperature. (The UK is suffering a seasonal bout of freezing weather, and the Royal Mail van was obviously a bit chilly.)

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Daft question Bill, but what's the blue one? 

Keith

Daft answer, Keith. The Yellow one is Mr. Cap Opener, the Blue one is Mr. Hold Onto The Bottle Whilst You Use The Yellow One.    :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Just now, keefr22 said:

Ta Bill, I've got a yellow one somewhere but it must be an obsolete model as I didn't get the new fangled blue bit - have to hold the bottle with me old fingers! 

k

They came as a set. Good thing I didn't get it back in 1989, or I wouldn't have the blue one!    :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

I've needed these since 1989, and they came in the post today! Maybe I should have ordered them sooner.

cap__82789.1559158883.jpg?c=2

Cheers,

Bill

Very nice - make my multigrips look a bit heavy handed

Bagged myself another Sherman off ebay. This time it's a Dragon M4A4 'Tulip' This one has great stonking Typhoon rockets on the turret! It's one of Dragons older kits from around 1995 i think. I've got plenty of spares from their later kits to hoprfully bring it up to scratch! 

Right im now off to speak with my 'sponsor' at Shermans Anonymous! 

Regards,

Steve

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Something I’ve been waiting a long time for. Just ordered a 1/32 Gloster Gauntlet from Silver Wings which is a belated Christmas pressie from Mrs T. Can’t wait till it arrives. They said it was on their like to do one day list  around several years ago. 

• Like 3

Well, due to staying at home for most of the time I took the chance to buy a few things I wanted for a long time.

In November last year I decided to treat myself with some books. As Brexit was near and the VAT chaos already looming I decided it was a good time to order some books from Britain.

First purchase where a few titles from Helion which cover some lesser known conflicts. They had their Black Friday sale too at the time, so in the end 17 different titles went into the basket.

dsc01386x41jqg.jpg

Then I treated myself with this for my Birthday. This book covers the development of the high-power piston engines of the major Powers of WW2. While a lot is written about the machines we build, their "hearts" are rarely covered in such detail. So if you are interested in their development and secret intelligence work carried out by both Britain and Germany to build the most powerful engines, this book is for you.

dsc01396xohj1b.jpg

A serendipitous find at my local bookshop.

dsc01409xx0kdu.jpg

And finally some kits and photoetched grids

dsc01400xnhktz.jpg

dsc01406xv6kzh.jpg

That's it, last year's travel budget transformed into modelling stuff :D

Edited by Shorty84
  • Like 10