What's your latest acquisition Part V ?

Duncan B

7 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

Copy of Airfix Model World. Not something i ever buy but saw that there was a build review of the Airfix Cromwell so grabbed a copy. 

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve. How does it stack up, as this is one that I'm interested in, both the Mk.lV and Vl.

John.

13 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Hi Steve. How does it stack up, as this is one that I'm interested in, both the Mk.lV and Vl.

John.

Aye up John,

Just had a quick glance at the article so far, but it looks a nice kit with multiple part lower hull and link & length tracks 👍

Regards,

Steve

• Thanks 1

Just treated myself and ordered a Copper State Models Nieuport XXIII, the RFC boxing.  I’ve never had a model from Copper State before so hope that a review comment I read about them being WNW standard is right.  

An ICM Tiger Moth arrived this week as I found I had acquired serious points at Jadlam so cashed them in and got the Tiggie very cheaply. I have the Matchbox one so will be interesting to compare the two. I’ll only build one of them I suspect 

• Like 1

Good week, started off having a new desk chair brought for me as my old one wasn’t doing so well. Then won some gulf war decals that on eBay hope to use in the current GB. Then tonight won a combat conversions E-3D conversion set, and ordered a pot of Vallejo blue that I hope will be a better match for heller p-40 spinner. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 12:40 AM, treker_ed said:

When it comes to printers I have specific needs: ethernet enabled, sperate inks (not black and combined colour, but black and cyan, magenta and yellow inks), wi-fi connectivity. The stumbling block is usually the ethernet connection surprisingly. I have ethernet cabling and ports hard wired into the house, so it's easier to have a printer connected via that instead of wi-fi. No signal loss, and all via the router, along with the NAS drive, gaming PC, smart TV, sky box & media PC. All running with 500MB fibre broadband.😁. Don't get any slow downs!

Going back to the printers though, I've found the Epson WF series to be fairly reliable. Only downside (and for all printers)  is cost of ink! 

Yep, the cost of ink is important to consider.  Had to replace mine last year, went for one of the sub-200  Canon bottle-fed jobbies.

Step down in terms of functionality (no wifi on this model, more expensive one had it though) , but with ink at £8 for 6000 pages I was prepared to live with plugging in a 10m USB cable instead.

A very cheap, but hopefully useful, music centre. Just 150 euros, but it comes complete with a turntable and separate speakers, so now I'll be able to play vinyls that I haven't listened to for ages. It also plays CDs, tapes, and has USB and card inputs. Oh, and free delivery.

John. 

• Like 5

Can't go anywhere, can't do anything that involves spending money and I need something to keep me sane so I've redirected my newly discovered disposable income  at filling out the stash. This is what the postie has delivered over the last couple of weeks. Don't think I'll ever need another Sherman. Thankfully the figures are the only ones I paid full RRP for.

spacer.png

Andy

Conspicuous consumer

• Like 8

I had a parcel from the rather unfortunately-named "SnMStuff" when I got home...  My better half was glad to find out that it didn't contain paddles, gags or kinkyboots, but rather some Mig Ammo pigments and couple of Tamiya paints.  There was also a HobbyBoss Me262A-1b form Kingkit, too.

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, Foxbat said:

Don't think I'll ever need another Sherman.

Andy mate,

That's what I keep telling myself and I'm currently at 15 and counting! :analintruder: (not got a pic of the M4 Hybrid Hull that's in the shed!)

aWzZOFG.jpg

FBTAk8B.jpg?1

o9YYnWU.jpg

pKoFNYw.jpg

My name is Steve and I'm a Shermanoholic! 

• Like 7

On 30/01/2021 at 11:44, lasermonkey said:

It was a Samsung of some description and would jam frequently, smudge ink over the image or both. It finally broke down catastrophically about two weeks after the year’s warranty ran out

Had similar with a Samsung TV broke down 2 weeks after the guarantee ended. Failure symptoms were familiar so checked it out sure enough blown capacitors. Not surprising when they were using 10V rated caps in an area marke 16V. Will never knowingly buy Samsung again.

3 hours ago, Circloy said:

Had similar with a Samsung TV broke down 2 weeks after the guarantee ended. Failure symptoms were familiar so checked it out sure enough blown capacitors. Not surprising when they were using 10V rated caps in an area marke 16V. Will never knowingly buy Samsung again.

Yikes! I'd use double the operating voltage as a rule, but at least 25v rated there. But yeah, that Samsung printer was just awful, probably the most unreliable thing it has been my misfortune to own.

Well my wallet is going to kill me, but having seen Heller have dropped the E-3 AWACS from this years cat and it seems to have sold out everywhere I ordered the last one from hannants, needed some more dark sea grey for my Shackleton as well. That's this months budget severly dented 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Well my wallet is going to kill me, but having seen Heller have dropped the E-3 AWACS from this years cat and it seems to have sold out everywhere I ordered the last one from hannants, needed some more dark sea grey for my Shackleton as well. That's this months budget severly dented 

That's top BM'age, right there!

• Haha 1

Some canopy masks for the SH Fulmar and Barracuda.

Oh, and something to justify the postage:

50911270441_7ca34d8a8a_z.jpg

That's my excuse :) 

Nice bits in the kit - PE and resin:

50911403032_d536cc0dd4_z.jpg

So much for my stash reduction…

• Like 3

On 2/4/2021 at 11:25 AM, PhantomBigStu said:

having seen Heller have dropped the E-3 AWACS from this years cat and it seems to have sold out everywhere I ordered the last one from hannants,

I've just picked up the last one from Dave Coley's. I think £24.99 was a decent price.

'Hanham Hobbies' appear to have one/some in stock at £26.99. Never heard of them so cannot vouch for the business.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CedB said:

Nice bits in the kit - PE and resin:

50911403032_d536cc0dd4_z.jpg

So much for my stash reduction…

Nice kit. I've this one in the stash. I wish I could find good photos of the interior of the aft crew section.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

Nice kit. I've this one in the stash. I wish I could find good photos of the interior of the aft crew section.

Are these any good Mick?

• Like 1

How do chaps,

Just hoovered up another Dragon Sherman III off ebay. Not often these come up at a decent price these days so i tend to grab em when they do.

Also ordered a set of British Tank Stowage by Black Dog. Mainly for the two turret boxes that are in the set. I tried ordering some turret boxes off the Ultracast website as i've done before but they no longer post to the UK! 🥺

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1