What's your latest acquisition Part V ?

Duncan B

A Mikro-Mir whistling wheelbarrow, aka  A-W Argosy (200 series) the one with a BEA Cargo example on the cover but containing decals for a New Zealand registered Safe Air example. 4 weeks from the Ukraine via ebay. It looks like a nice kit. :)

Steve.

13 hours ago, Mr T said:

Delivery guy made my day when on checking my date of birth that he hoped he looked as young as I do. 67 in two weeks time and don't look a day over 75 (Mrs T said he was just saying that to keep the customer happy, she is great one for the dose of reality)

Wives, they don't half have a habit of spoiling things!

13 hours ago, Mr T said:

Re Jenny Agutter, yes well enough said. 

Errm, yes, but Christina Trevannion?  

Shefali Oza? 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

Well, I know what my next acquisition will be: a new printer. Our HP 6830 has developed a fault where the cyan prints intermittently and I’m pretty sure the fault is electronic rather than ink flow, looking at the test print pages.

Anyway, after the spending the evening trying to find some meaningful reviews and information, I have lost the will to live. I seem to remember this happening last time I had to look for a printer.

Please feel free to chip in if you have any good info. Otherwise, a shedload of Valium to take the edge off would be nice. It may not help me make a decision, but at least I won’t care!

Use some IPA to clean the contacts, maybe it got contaminated.

Regards

Robert

9 hours ago, Whofan said:

Wives, they don't half have a habit of spoiling things!

Errm, yes, but Christina Trevannion?  

Shefali Oza? 

Not a programme I watch, but I can see where you are coming from. As my dad said in later life, 'no harm in window shopping'. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Mr T said:

Not a programme I watch, but I can see where you are coming from. As my dad said in later life, 'no harm in window shopping'. 

I agree, especially when my wife's watching tv and Harrison Ford comes on:-)

• Like 1

Another arrival from Ukraine, this time ordered over 9 weeks ago, an Italeri Tornado with Luftwaffe experimental markings, #171, I really fancied that scheme. It occurred to me that the disparity in shipping time could be put down to the Covid crisis & restricted international carrying capacity. I reckon they probably both left Ukraine at the same time.

Steve.

IMG_8293_HEIC-M.jpg

I think I now have German aviation from WW1 right through to 1945 covered with my latest purchase from Sovereign Hobbies. I can't praise these paints enough, the colour accuracy is fantastic, particularly for the RLM period stuff and they are so easy to use. It might seem like a backward step to be buying enamel paints these days but these perform every bit as well as lacquer based acrylics that I normally use and dry very quickly too.

Duncan B

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

From Amazon for £21, 

IMG_0541

You get, in the box,  the exploded view as a poster as well.

One of my nieces and her partner have done this and turned the jigsaw into a framed picture. Something I might very well do. Accompanying this was another 1,000 piece jigsaw of Padstow harbour. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Duncan B said:

IMG_8293_HEIC-M.jpg

I think I now have German aviation from WW1 right through to 1945 covered with my latest purchase from Sovereign Hobbies. I can't praise these paints enough, the colour accuracy is fantastic, particularly for the RLM period stuff and they are so easy to use. It might seem like a backward step to be buying enamel paints these days but these perform every bit as well as lacquer based acrylics that I normally use and dry very quickly too.

Duncan B

I have the humbrol equivalents of RLM 72 + 73 for an Ar 196 and they look too alike, those colour coats look better.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PARROTTOID said:

I have the humbrol equivalents of RLM 72 + 73 for an Ar 196 and they look too alike, those colour coats look better.

Colourcoats RLM colours are very accurate as they are matched to the most widely accepted research carried out on these colours.

Duncan B

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

New rucksack. Finally retired my beloved old Karrimor Alpiniste that I bought in 1988 when I was 19. To be fair she still has plenty miles in her, but the colours are very, er, “of their time”. New pack is an Osprey Archeon 70, an absolute bomber with traditional styling that appeals to me. (I actually bought another Osprey pack first but it had an annoying creak in the harness, their customer service were superb though and replaced it with this superior model 👍🏻)

I have nine rucksacks, like my six bikes and four tents I tell SWMBO that they all do different jobs but I’m not sure this line washes with plastic kits.

spacer.png

• Like 2

19 hours ago, PARROTTOID said:

I have the humbrol equivalents of RLM 72 + 73 for an Ar 196 and they look too alike

I’m finding the same with their 70 and 71. 

A single-stage reloading press and dies for 577/450 Martini-Henry, for a long-term project.

Also, regrettably, a new furnace after the old one gave up the ghost, which is one of the reasons the above project is long term.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Whofan said:

You get, in the box,  the exploded view as a poster as well.

A lot of space with not a lot going on there (e.g. lots of white), that's going to take a while to figure out!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Hmmm, a rucksack stash - wonder how many BM'ers have one of those....?! :)

Keith

I have one that’s the equivalent of a mint original Airfix Spitfire... early 70s Berghaus rucksack in as new condition that I got on eBay for a fiver. Never have used it, never will 😂

• Like 3

On 1/27/2021 at 11:43 PM, lasermonkey said:

Well, I know what my next acquisition will be: a new printer. Our HP 6830 has developed a fault where the cyan prints intermittently and I’m pretty sure the fault is electronic rather than ink flow, looking at the test print pages.

Anyway, after the spending the evening trying to find some meaningful reviews and information, I have lost the will to live. I seem to remember this happening last time I had to look for a printer.

Please feel free to chip in if you have any good info. Otherwise, a shedload of Valium to take the edge off would be nice. It may not help me make a decision, but at least I won’t care!

As I only tend to print in black and not that frequently documents/lables, I got feed up with the ink clogging up and having to clean the nozzels of my ink jet. So in the end gave up and purchased a HP Black only laser printer.

On 27/01/2021 at 8:34 PM, fatfingers said:

Hopefully it won't be cut like the recent showing on British Tv

I noticed that the scene where Indy is hanging on the submarines periscope was missing. The melting faces wasn't cut in the movie shown tonight.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wez said:

A lot of space with not a lot going on there (e.g. lots of white), that's going to take a while to figure out!

There is, however it just becomes a patience game, same as one jigsaw we did where there was a lot of white cloud.

2 hours ago, colin said:

As I only tend to print in black and not that frequently documents/lables, I got feed up with the ink clogging up and having to clean the nozzels of my ink jet. So in the end gave up and purchased a HP Black only laser printer.

Unfortunately I need colour- mostly for my stripboard layouts (a type of circuit board) and also to print the decals for the guitar effect pedals I make as a business.

The old HP had done a pretty decent job, had been reliable and I’ve had it for a fair few years now. Apart from trying to get hold of a new printer (they’re like gold dust! No one has anything in stock!) I’m going to have to go through the colour matching process all over again, printing out swatches to match against the various pedal enclosure colours. Each printer gives different results with the CMYK values, although one would hope it didn’t.

I did try a laser printer some time ago and it was awful. It was a Samsung of some description and would jam frequently, smudge ink over the image or both. It finally broke down catastrophically about two weeks after the year’s warranty ran out and to be honest, I couldn’t wait to get rid of it. I may have taken a hammer to it!

But yeah, printers. I hate the process of having to get a new one.

From eBay

1984/85 Jane's All The World's Aircraft - good condition for £12 including delivery.

From Key Publications

Aviation Archive: Vietnam War 65th Anniversary Special Vol 2  - US Army , USN , USMC

Russian Airpower

The War Archives: British Military Trucks of WW2 - not really my subject but interesting enough when reduced to £1.99 with free postage