What's your latest acquisition Part V ?

Duncan B

@luis pachecoI've been eyeing up that DP Casper decal sheet. The subjects look very interesting and are quite different from my usual fare.

In other news, I bought a decal sheet (Modeldecal No. 36, the original one) with RAF black serial numbers and letters. I also bought another guitar pedal circuit board, this time for a clone of the long-discontinued Lovetone Doppelgänger phaser/vibrato. I'm a sucker for phasers (I currently have 21!) and the Doppelgänger has dual LFOs and lots of knobs to tweak (settle down at the back!).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, jackroadkill said:

Who doesn't love a phaser?  I'm using an Electroharmonix Bad Stone at the moment and it's so analogue it hurts - I love it!

That's one I don't have yet, but really want. I have an EHX Polyphase clone underway at the moment. The other EHX phaser (clone) I have is a modified early version Small Stone. I modified it so that the resonance is adjustable in "colour" mode. As standard, the resonance is set just under self-oscillation, which sounds quite "peaky" and extreme in some ways. My favourite setting is around 10-20%. It's just so musical, especially when set to a slow, trippy sweep.

As to the other phasers, there's an Arion SPH-1, Boss PH-2, Carlsbro Phase 2, Chord PH-50 (I bought that and a Chord chorus for 99p off ebay, broken, and fixed them), Ibanez PT-9 (another favourite), Ibanez BPH Bi-Phaser, Ibanez PM-7, Ibanez PH-7, MXR Phase 45 clone (heavily modified) MXR Phase 90 clone (modified), MXR Phase 100 (modified to "script" specs), MXR Commande Series Phaser, MuTron Phasor II clone, Nobels PH-D, Pearl PH-03 (quite rare and incredibly versatile), Wholenote PH7 (basically the Ibanez PH-5 Sountank Phaser), Runoffgroove Tr-Vibe (does vibe and phaser, a lovely sounding DIY project) plus a few more DIY ones.

I also have some rack units that have phasers on them. There's a couple of Alesis Quadraverbs which are ok for phase , I guess, a Boss SE-50 and a pair of Boss SE-70s that are absolutely fantastic for delay and modulation, even though these effects are digital. I liked it so much I bought two. The second one I got off eBay for £6 because it wasn't working, even though it was a dead easy fix. It used to belong to Mixmaster Morris (remember him?) and was covered in silver, holographic, sticky plastic. That was fun to remove..........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lasermonkey said:

Mixmaster Morris (remember him?)

Sadly (?), Mixmaster Morris seems to have passed me by, somehow!

I've had the Boss PH-2 and PH-3, as well as a Mutron Biphase which went walkabout somewhere / somewhen, the Phase 90 and the Nobels PH-D.  As you can tell I'm a way behind you on the phaser score.

A Tasca Sherman II DV from ebay. But in a cheeky bid and landed it! 👍

Seem to be on a bit of a Sherman kick at the mo, which can't be a bad thing can it! 😉

Regards,

Steve

• Like 3

Some micro-drill bits.

I panicked when I couldn't easily find my 'favourite' straight-shank versions so, when I saw these:

50863232092_caede5eea9_m.jpg

I ordered them. Look what arrived:

50862408293_fbb74a3382_n.jpg

I already have some of those… and some of them are still unbroken!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

A spanking new iPad, courtesy of my lovely mrs. It was a complete surprise and very welcome. Now I can use the internet properly again!

You can buy yourself a used Jazzmaster with what you didn't spend on the iPad now.  Win win!

3 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

spacer.png

I've finally taken the plunge...

Oooh very nice choice... My Neo is great Ive done 50 models and counting. Just be careful with the needle when cleaning. I own three Iwata A/B’s but thats the only one I keep dinging the tip when I clean it. Ive replaced the needle twice already. The Neo will use just about any kind of paint and not think twice. Though older acrylics from Vallejo/Ammo would sometimes not work well. 

• Thanks 1

Had a splurge on 1/35 armour, got the Hobby 2000 rebox of the Takom ZSU-57-2, the Airfix rebox of the M4A3(76)W Sherman and pre-ordered the Airfix Cromwell VI

Andy

Edited by Foxbat
  • Like 1

Scalemates tells me that it was in 1978 that Matchbox released their 1/32 Tiger Moth. I lusted after that kit dreadfully but it was way out of my modelling budget's league at the time. I can still remember the delight I felt when my brother presented me with the kit for my birthday the following January.

Well my birthday is coming up again and guess what? ICM have just released a 1/32 Tiger Moth! When I noticed that @Duncan B at Black Mike Models had it in stock, how could I resist? With the usual Black Mike service, the kit was ordered on Thursday afternoon and was in my hands by Saturday morning, especially impressive since I imagine it involved Duncan or one of his minions wading through 6ft snowdrifts to get to the post office. Even better, it arrived while the other half was out thus avoiding one of those conversations about just how many unbuilt kits a modeller needs to surround themselves with, Some pictures:

50866429952_ac05c299e6_c.jpg

50866330061_98d25a6a13_c.jpg

Flicking through the instructions, I noticed that rather than giving you a rigging diagram at the end, ICM have you do the rigging right from the start of the build. Must make the final painting tricky surely but I am the rawest of rigging tyros and know little of these things.

That Matchbox Tiger Moth never got built. It sat in its box until it disappeared in a house move or loft clearout. I am determined that this one will not suffer the same fate!

Craig. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Plans to spend less in 2021 not quite working judging by deliveries this week and a few more newly released books that I have a notion to buy sooner rather than later.

Via Amazon

Jaguar, l'adieu aux armes (Jaguar, farewell to arms) by Alexandre Paringaux and published by Zephyr , again like all of the series a bit pricey and in French but absolutely fantastic illustrations of the A and E throughout.

F-8 Crusader Illustrated by Lou Drendel and published by Amazon , latest addition to this growing series and up to the usual standard of illustrations, artwork and personal accounts

Hobby Boss 81763 1/48 Embraer EMB312 Tucano kit for a possible far future project but for £26.42 and free delivery seemed a rather good price , got mine next day but now showing as out of stock at that price until 31st. January

From Mortons Books

English Electric Lightning Genesis and Projects by Tony Wilson and published by Tempest , anyone for an F.2A/6 with Bullpup ASM on extended ventral tank stub pylons or P.1B with wingtip tanks and Red Beard nuke under the forward fuselage among many possibilities?

From Tesco

Airfix 2021 Catalogue , first catalogue I have bought in decades possibly because there were no new bookazines in stock to buy instead and it was my first time out of the house for a week and I wanted to Spend Spend Spend ! , interesting layout but if intended to increase the customer base maybe it would help to identify the decal option profiles for the less obsessed casual buyer

Takom 1/35 Merkava Mk l on Ebay from China.  Posted 23rd December with an expected arrival date of 14th Feb to 14th April, arrived this morning, very pleased.  No VAT or handling charge, so even more pleased!  I do like Israeli armour and this has link and length tracks and only two pieces of p/e.  Great!

Just now, Biggles87 said:

Two CDs, Carly Simon No Secrets and Linda Ronstadts Greatest Hits. I’ve given up on downloads,I’d rather have the hardware.

I always have a "Hard Copy " of CD`s, I was told to back your files up with a copy somewhere.

Simon.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

I always have a "Hard Copy " of CD`s, I was told to back your files up with a copy somewhere.

Simon.

Good to see I'm in good company.

My wife keeps on at me to get rid of all the CD's (2,500+) and stick to the ipod.

When I tell her I keep the CD's for security  I get the eye roll.

I'd rather the eye roll than lose the music!

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Whofan said:

Good to see I'm in good company.

I do the same - but with only 10% or so of your total I don't need quite as much space....!!

Must admit with the advent of Spotify I haven't added to the CD pile in years.

Keith

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

I do the same - but with only 10% or so of your total I don't need quite as much space....!!

Must admit with the advent of Spotify I haven't added to the CD pile in years.

Keith

I don't do streaming or downloads, mainly because I object to the way they cheat the artistes over royalties, and also because I like to have the physical thing to read notes, lyrics, etc.

• Like 3