What's your latest acquisition Part V ?

Duncan B

Eventually received the last of items ordered in 2020 , am intending to be more restrained in 2020 but already spent far too much on a book ordered yesterday and then there are the Airfix Chipmunks , Kinetic Harriers , ICM B-26K to come later in the year so maybe not too restrained after all.

From Books etc.

Jet Flying Boats by David Oliver and published by Amberley ,eventually the third and final  part of an order placed during the first half of December and slowly delivered a book at a time at weekly intervals

From Model Hobbies

Scale Aircraft Conversions 48196 1/48 Wessex HU.5 Main Gear

From Hannants

Model Alliance 1/48 RAF Germany 1970-1975 Part I decal sheet reduced by one third to £10.23

After my X-1 experiences, nickel silver rod assortments from Eileen's and syringes from Amazon:

50817105837_bd1deb7d37_z.jpg

50816265768_0f353487cc_z.jpg

Should make it much easier to mix accurate measures, fingers crossed.

• Like 3

A very large order of decals, etch, and masks from the Big H to rebuild my stocks after the Great Purge. Stuff to do Kittyhawks, Typhoons, Spitfires (natch), and a Defiant. Trying to cover my bases for future plans.

• Like 5

My latest kit is this 1/72 Hobbycraft DHC-2 Beaver which I purchased on gumtree.

spacer.png

I’ll be building it up into a Super Spread agricultural aircraft that I was a passenger in back in 1983. 

spacer.png

it looks a nice kit and has a transparent fuselage for masking windows. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

You can get a vinyl mask set for it.

My latest acquisition in a Mach 2 EC-24. Looks fun.

Thanks for that. It’s funny but I was just looking at a Mach 2 Sqirrel. 

17 hours ago, abat said:

My latest kit is this 1/72 Hobbycraft DHC-2 Beaver which I purchased on gumtree.

spacer.png

I’ll be building it up into a Super Spread agricultural aircraft that I was a passenger in back in 1983. 

spacer.png

it looks a nice kit and has a transparent fuselage for masking windows. 

I envy you... Ive been wanting to do a Beaver bush float plane for 20+ years now

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I envy you... Ive been wanting to do a Beaver bush float plane for 20+ years now

Yes, it's been on my waiting list for ages as well. Here she is operating as a fire bomber out of the Snowy Range airstrip in early 1983. The red staining to the underside and top of the aircraft is Phos-Chek fire retardant. Quite a wild ride!

spacer.png

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Procopius said:

🤐

I suspect this is a golden example of the saying 

England and America are two countries separated by a common language .

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Just so glad you did not say that you've been waiting to do a beaver for 20+ years...... 😊😇

And on a completely different note.. Here are my latest acquisitions.

spacer.png

Thought I'd treat myself to some books from Haynes (and from what I've read over the last few days in one of the other forums - these may be the last ones I buy from them!)

And from the Big H - a couple of Spitfire Mk XIV (civilian) couldn't decide which scheme I liked best, so decided to do both of them, and a couple of masking sets - canopy for the Airfix kits, and camouflage for the Eduard.

I've also bought from Valiant wings their FW190 dual book set in the Airframe & Miniatures Series, and received as a gift the Mosquito volumes in the same series and the Hellcat Book.

I have now managed to acquire 10 volumes of this series and they are all fantastic reads.

Hawker Typhoon (including Tornado) - Vol 2

Focke Wulf Fw-190d & Ta-152 Vol 3

Hawker Tempest - Vol 4

Focke Wulf Fw-190 (Radial engine versions) - Vol 7

de Haviland Mosquito (pt 1) - Bomber & Photo Reconnaissance - Vol 8

de Haviland Mosquito (pt 2) - Fighter-Bomber & Night-Fighter - Vol 10

Supermarine Spitfire (pt 1) - Merlin Engined - Vol 12 (discounted as some of the colour profile pages had been misprinted in black and white!)

Supermarine Spitfire (pt 2) - Griffon Engined - Vol 13

Grumman Hellcat - Vol 15

Hawker Hurricane - Vol 16

(And it now seems that they may be re-printing the Part 1 of the Spitfire book, and also the part 2 of the Mosquito book! - Just my luck!)

Edited by treker_ed
  • Like 2

The Revell (ex-Dragon) 1/48 Junkers Ju188 from Ebay.  Always liked the Ju188 and I'm not sure that ICM will produce one in my lifetime, so I bit the bullet and went for it.  At least it's cheaper than the original Dragon boxings I've seen!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, treker_ed said:

Thought I'd treat myself to some books from Haynes (and from what I've read over the last few days in one of the other forums - these may be the last ones I buy from them!)

Aroo?