What's your latest acquisition Part V ?

Duncan B

Last night I snagged an Airfix Whitley off the bay for under twenty quid. This despite having a Meritko FROG re-pop which I bought for under a tenner a few years ago. I half-heartedly started it a while back, but just didn't have the appetite for the work that would be needed. So when the Airfix one arrives I'm going to bin it! There isn't a single part of it I would want in my spares bin. I feel like I'm moving on with my life...

Regards,

Adrian

[edit -  not going to bin the Meritko yet. There’s a KUTA GB on so I’m going to throw it together like a ten-year-old. Then bin it!]

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Whofan said:

I notice the professional attitude of your Quality control inspector - not afraid to get paws on.

Now if you had a dog doing that job, it would be able to tell you if the plastic is chewy enough...

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

From DVLA

12 Months Road Tax , first hit in what will be a heavy month for car expenses

Via eBay

ARMTEC Accessories 1/35 Set #6 British Weapons (Bren and Boyes) and 1/48 Set #2 Jerry Cans (a touch of early 70s retro when they were cutting edge in aftermarket)

Aires Aerobonus 480 034 1/48 Hydra 70 Marking Rockets

Aires Aerobonus 480 039 1/48 Mk.77 Fire Bombs (realised after already buying a pair last week that a possible AV-8A load was one on each pylon , all I need now is a 1/48 AV-8A)

From Postscript Books

With a free shipping discount code and for less than half the combined cover costs , somehow only seem to remember this seller's website when one of their catalogues turns up with the Sunday Times glossies.

The Dassault Adventure , A First Century of Aviation by Luc Berger and published by Abrams

Hawker Siddeley Aviation And Dynamics by Stephen Skinner and published by Crowood

De Havilland Enterprises , A History by Graham M. Simons and published by Pen & Sword

Second Word War In The Air In Photographs – 1942 by L. Archard and published by Amberley , only 3.99 and a taster before tracking down the other years

Cops & Robbers , The Story Of The British Police Car by Ant Anstead and published by William Collins

From local branch of Tesco

Pair of newly released Key Publishing Specials – F-14 Tomcat 50th. Anniversary Special and Dakota The Legend 85 years of the DC-3 and C-47

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

Now if you had a dog doing that job, it would be able to tell you if the plastic is chewy enough...

Regards,

Adrian

As long as it was al dente I think it would pass.

• Haha 3

Yet another movie ticket to see TENET at the cinema tonight. We have a new VMAX cinema in our town with a 26 metre screen and they now have reclining seats. It's a good excuse to get out of the 34° hot air on this first day of summer.

And this is part of what we bought! 

Speakers for £158 (reduced from over £380), the Bluetooth adapter (not too sure of the amount on that). 

spacer.png

Not shown is 20mtrs of speaker cable (you do get some with it, but I like to have spare, just to make sure I have enough)

We are still awaiting the mounting plates - they are apparently coming from somewhere in Luxembourg, despite us ordering from a British based company who stated they had them in stock.... We are trying to cancel the order as we feel we have been misled as to availability. Original delivery date was 26th to 28th November, now it's 30th Nov to 2nd Dec, and still no sign of them. We can obtain them in the UK from another company - alternatively, I could adapt our existing floor stands (but I'd rather not as the speakers would have to lie horizontally to fit, when they should be in the vertical position!) 

• Like 3

Four (yes, four) Heller Saab 91 Safirs, ending a near 40-year wait for a kit I remember first reading about in a war comic what I used to buy as a a kid.

1124184-16559-35-720.jpg

As simple as the kit is, it has 26 parts, not 22.

Why buy four? Because of the current decal options, that's why: All four European operators. However, it does seem Heller still has problems with Swedish roundels. Only one set of the fuselage roundels are usable, although the larger wing roundels are in better condition. The Norwegian, Finnish and Danish roundels look OK on each of the sheets.

• Like 2

On 11/27/2020 at 4:12 AM, stevehnz said:

An Airfix F-18 from the local auction site, not a bad looking kit all in all & not too spendy. 

Steve.

Along with some newer kits, I am seriously considering building this for the F/A-18 STGB in early 2022 - a long way away I know. I might use better decals though.

• Like 1

After lengthy consideration and price comparisons, decided to go for it and get the sole remaining SpecialHobby Sunderland Mk.III from AMS.

39.95€, 36 pounds.

Compared to SH's 45€ and Hannant's £42.80 (both ex P&P), seemed like a good plan before they're all gone.

• Like 3

Just received gorgeous set of decals by Exito for Spit 14. Stunning artwork and detailed placement diagram all in full colour printed on A4 stout card type paper.  They are excellent and worth framing! Oh, the decals are brilliant too printed by Cartograf. It all comes in a well packed clear cellophane type sealed envelope 

• Like 1

50675347826_7b6f256901_b.jpg

Having had the fuel tanker kit in my Hannants wish list for nearly three years (it’s been in back order all the time) I scouted around elsewhere. The standard Blitz truck kit sort of fell into the basket at the same time. This will grow my Axis set decoration collection by three* vehicles.

*Yes, I know the standard truck kit is only the one truck, but I did a kit bash on one earlier. I can convert that back to the standard vehicle as I kept the bodywork in the spares department. Two "normal" trucks plus one fuel tanker. I’m rambling… 

• Like 4

On 02/12/2020 at 07:56, Bullbasket said:

A set of resin road wheels for the Centurion from MR Modelbau, to replace those damned rubber tyred ones in the kit.

Fairly sure I promised you some etched side skirts for it. PM me if you would still be interested.

All the best

Ben

My most recent purchase:

Two packs of UHU whitetac for masking purposes

• Like 2

The Siren song  was in the too hard to resist, so with a Black Friday sale  on top I took  the plunge

50676438516_4d80c44085_o.jpg

I'm really considering starting the four legged Panzer-46 SAM launcher, but where does it  belong?

Military vehicles?

Sci-fi?

• Like 3