What's your latest acquisition Part V ?

Duncan B

Not Modelling related!

For a while now we have been looking at replacing our speaker system in our living room - it's a second hand Sony Surround Sound system - 5.1 speaker system, that has co-axial & optical inputs. We've had it about 5 years, and bought it 2nd hand for about £50. Sadly it is now starting to show it's age. I've had my eyes on a set of speakers from a company called Logitech who produce some very nice PC speakers (very pleased with the set-up I have attached to my PC). They also make a very nice Surround system with multiple inputs, and really designed for media systems.

Earlier in the first lockdown I built myself a decent media PC that replaced our Blu-Ray player, but is also for streaming services like Netflix & Disney. This is attached to our TV, and current 5.1 sound system. 

So, the replacement speakers I've been wanting have been upwards of £380+ bit too expensive - had a look on Amazon at the weekend, and they had been reduced to £158... bargain! Along with appropriate wall mountings, and extra speaker cabling we bought a set, also included this time was a Bluetooth adapter which plugs into the speaker system.

Logitech Z906s - 2 x optical inputs, 1 x Co-Axial, RCA, 3.5mm input THX, DTS. & Dolby Digital certified! 

All in all a great setup, and bargain - something I've been after for quite some time!

Edited by treker_ed
Grammar & spelling corrections.
  • Like 3

Last Friday, November 20th, i bought a printer to connect to my computer. We went to Costco(USA), and bought an Epson ET-2760 "EcoTank" printer. I spent yesterday getting it set up and ready. This one has ink tanks that are filled; not cartridges. I got it connected to the house's Wi-Fi, the software installed on the computer; tanks filled, etc.. Today I did my first printing effort by printing the color charts that were sent to me by @Nick Millman. The computer and printer worked well together; and I was able to print 3 color charts from the email. It's nice to know that my printer works correctly; and that I have the charts sent to me by Mr. Millman. The computer was in the kitchen was I clicked on the "Print" icons; the printer was in the basement(cellar) on the modelling table. The Wi-Fi worked without any problem. I have to thank Nick Millman for his nice charts for the Zero book.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JPuente54 said:

Last Friday, November 20th, i bought a printer to connect to my computer. We went to Costco(USA), and bought an Epson ET-2760 "EcoTank" printer. I spent yesterday getting it set up and ready. This one has ink tanks that are filled; not cartridges. I got it connected to the house's Wi-Fi, the software installed on the computer; tanks filled, etc.. Today I did my first printing effort by printing the color charts that were sent to me by @Nick Millman. The computer and printer worked well together; and I was able to print 3 color charts from the email. It's nice to know that my printer works correctly; and that I have the charts sent to me by Mr. Millman. The computer was in the kitchen was I clicked on the "Print" icons; the printer was in the basement(cellar) on the modelling table. The Wi-Fi worked without any problem. I have to thank Nick Millman for his nice charts for the Zero book.

I have the Epson ET-2650 which I use every day for business and domestic printing and have had it a few years now. It is very economical with the ink, recently I have just filled the black ink tank for only the second time, the colour tanks were only half empty but have had their first refill too. Not bad for approximately 3 years worth of printing (22000 BW sheets according to the software). The only2  issues I have with my printer is that it is a top feed only with no paper tray which doesn't like having too many sheets of paper in it one time and the connection to my phone can be erratic (one time it will connect with it no problems and then the next time it will refuse to see the phone unless the printer is rebooted). Overall a very good printer for the money.

Duncan B

• Like 1

Well, that didn't last very long :banghead:

AviationMegaStore is running a Black Friday sale and decided to list several longer-term acquisition items (i.e. the 'I'd like to have a go at those sometime but the price is a bit steep' list) at 30 to 50% off.

So that's the Shack for less than 30€, the Swift at 12€, the DH Albatross at 25€ and the Harvard conversion kit for a tenner.

The Kiwi set has vacform IIB canopy and exhaust, which means the Heller T-6G gets bumped to the front for the GB.

y4m_7S0Kg8PKML9mhMk1G4rzmZCKPkRA2UkXumbU

• Like 8

A good day today for incoming. A box from those good chaps at MJW models with a UC-61 Fairchild in it as well as an Xtrakit Meteor T.7, turned up quick so post getting back to normal it seems, also a couple of parcels from the local auction site, a Hobby Boss P-51D for peanuts & a Revell Alphajet also good buying, all in 1/72 & best of all, herself was at work. :D

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just received the Sword Spitfire 14 boxset with 3 kits.  5 sprues to make one high back and two bubble tops. 3 of the sprues are the highback ones so you can make those and have the bubble tops as spares but you'd need to get two more high back standard canopies though and am decals. or you can two highbacks and one bubble or as per box and decals one high two bubbletops.

Also expecting sometime today Pink Floyd   Delicate Sound of Thunder DVD!!!!!!!!!!  

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Paul J said:

Also expecting sometime today Pink Floyd   Delicate Sound of Thunder DVD!!!!!!!!!!  

Not happening!!!   Got an email from Ama.. whats its stating its been unexpectedly delayed  Now due sometime between Dec10 and January sometime.    Wierd thing is I feel I am destined never to get this particular video/dvd as when it first came out some many years ago only on VHS all the copies I tried were faulty and so never ever did get one that I could enjoy. Seems like its going to happen again....🤬😩🤨

• Sad 1

Trumpeter M26A1Pershing, ordered a few weeks ago, delivered to my local shop this week. It fills a glaring gap in my armour collection. I have also ordered a couple of the Pegasus Hobbies kits (same basic tooling AFAIK), albeit of slightly different, nay exotic versions.

148513-11185-pristine.jpg

I also picked up the 1984 vintage Heller Etendard IVM. While this box-art (which is what I got) is not the most recent version, my kit does come with the most recent markings options, with an excellent decal sheet.

187505-11669-61-pristine.jpg

HR80361-3.jpg?1533738074

The Libya-based aircraft (top left) can also be represented with yellow wings. The kit does not have the option to deploy the IFR probe, not that it bothers me much.

I've never bought (let alone built) a Heller Etendard or Super Etendard before, although I do have (and have built) several of the Italeri/Academy Super Etendard kit.

I don't think this will be a late addition to the Heller GB, but there's always the French GB (we hope!) next year.

• Like 1

Had a trip to London to deliver some speakers I sold and collect a bunch of model kits I bought, I had convinced myself the physical .size of my new acquisitions would balance out, but I think the model kits have turned out to be double the volume of the speakers. First time I have seen the Shuttle Launch Tower kit, although I have one of the re-issued set with shuttle stack. I had one of the big shuttle stack kits I purchased on a holiday to Florida many years ago, I sold it for peanuts when I wanted to downsize my collection, for some reason there were two extremely low sales on eBay for the kit at that time, and I based it on that. I was hoping to get the recent re-issue from the states, but postage charge these days. I also bought the 2 bandai saturn v models on same trip, my most expensive acquisition for models. I have bought the Glencoe kits on a bit of a whim for really early space model kits. I'm really tired after the trip

ZEI9Adl.jpg

FMgDe5L.jpg

• Like 5

17 hours ago, paulj said:

I have bought the Glencoe kits on a bit of a whim for really early space model kits.

Have you seen the Horizon Models Atlas & Redstone?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alt-92 said:

Have you seen the Horizon Models Atlas & Redstone?

No, Just checked it out on line and looks very good, one to add to the wishlist, thanks for the heads up

• Like 1

Finally managed to find the Eastern Express 1/144 Airport Service vehicles for a decent price via eBay so ordered all seven boxes. So maybe some Russian Airfield scenes under construction in the new year.

All my kits are inspected on arrival.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tim R-T-C said:

Finally managed to find the Eastern Express 1/144 Airport Service vehicles for a decent price via eBay so ordered all seven boxes. So maybe some Russian Airfield scenes under construction in the new year.

All my kits are inspected on arrival.

spacer.png

I notice the professional attitude of your Quality control inspector - not afraid to get paws on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Supposed to have a bottle of Humbrol delivered but having been posted on the 16th and still not arrived have to chase that with the seller. Otherwise can’t decided between an Airfix Victor K2 the more expensive B2 or really good offer an eBay seller has given me on a matchbox K2 less than half the airfix :edit just had an ikea tv stand ordered for me as part of my drive to revamp my workroom

Edited by PhantomBigStu