What's your latest acquisition Part V ?

Duncan B

Just realised that despite several purchases, I've not posted any of them on here since early September... How very remiss of me! 

So without further ado, my recent purchases all in one......

spacer.png

(It's not so much the Great Wall of China but The Great Wall Of Models!)

That's all of my purchases since Mid Sept! (Now let's see if I can remember where all of it came from!)

In no particular order - :

•  2 x B-25 Mitchells - shop in Dorchester - very nice place in the middle of town. reduced in price from £24.99 ea to £14.99 ea!
  • Spitfire IIa, F/A-18E Hornet & C-54D Skymaster from Setchfields in Poole on 11-09-2020 (birthday presents off SWMBO)
  • ME-262 A-1/A-2, FW-190 A-8/R-2 "Sturmbock", Eduard Spitfire "The Few" and quite a lot of the masking Collection order form Hannants - 22/09/2020
  • FAW9 Javelin - Direct from Airfix when it was re-released
  • Bristol Beaufighter 1F, Airfix "Motorhead" Bomber tribute from Antics Plymouth - October 2020
  • Spitfire (Vol 1 & 2) & Tempest Books from Valiant Wings publishing
  • Hawker Tempest, and rest of decals & Eduard Brassin order received today 17/11/2020!

Quite a haul over the last two months - should see me nicely through the winter months (once I start getting my fat backside back to my modelling desk to actually do some work and recover my mojo!):rage:

(I forgot to say that the kitchen table was the only place with enough room to put it out to take the picture!)

Edited by treker_ed
  • Like 5

On 11/11/2020 at 18:33, badger said:

Airfix 1/35 M3 Stuart "Honey"

Eduard etch, RB main gun barrel, Master 30 cal mg barrels, Valuegear resin tarps and tents set and Miniart British crew all for the above.

Birthday money well spent!!

Kit and etch arrived yesterday, resin stowage and figures came a few days ago.

Just waiting for the gun barrels but they are coming from Poland.

Had to order a second set of mg barrels today as I forgot about the one on the commanders hatch!

• Like 1

My latest purchase, a 3D printed (FDM) AgustaWestland (Leonardo) AW139 in 1/48. Got it from a guy in Venezuela who resized it to 1/48 for me and modified the original stl-model a bit so I can add clear windows and slide in a scratch built interior.

As there is quite a dearth of modern helicopters in this scale and the price was good I purchased two. One will end up as a civil HM Coastguard machine, the other one a military example (either Algeria or Turkmenistan).

dsc01345zq5jbj.jpg

dsc01349zncjmf.jpg

dsc01350zcuj64.jpg

Cheers

Markus

• Like 11

My OKB Grigorov order for the Panzer III GB turned up today.

New tracks, road wheels, return rollers, idlers, sprockets and cupola to go with a MR Modellbau Ausf E conversion for the Revell 1/72 Panzer III.

Lots of expensive shiny resin!!!!

• Like 2

A new ASH-1 multifuel Stove (DEFRA approved) for the dining room to replace the old stove which developed a nasty crack across the top and was condemned as rotten on the inside. It looks much nicer and is a better shape to radiate heat into the room. The stove was used when I am in on my own and not going to put the heating on and sometimes on a weekend. The dining room is big enough for a sofa and I have a bureau type desk in the corner that has my modelling area. Also a TV and a DAB/CD/USB/Bluetooth music centre so I am set up for the winter. Also good light from the French windows. 

• Like 7

Evil Bay purchase of an Italeri F-18 Hornet, paid more for postage than the kit. But came in at £10 and 3 sheets of eduard PE for said model on clearance for £6.99 👍(though they are for the hasegawa kit) 

Just need to get my 3 other projects moving. Teething 6 month old to deal with 🤣

• Like 3

Just now, dogsbody said:

You have to order Iso from that place? I just go up to the pharmacy ( about a half klick up the street ) and just ask for a bottle. No questions asked.

Chris

Sadly so, but the price of it £8.00 including delivery was to much to pass on.

I could of got 5 litres for £20.00 but we live in a block of flats and I don`t want too much of a fire risk if you know what I mean.

Stay safe Chris.

Simon.

• Like 1

Via eBay

Eduard BRASSIN 648223 1/48 Mk.77 Incendiary Bombs just needing a Kinetic AV-8A to hang them from

Edinburgh Airport Through Time by Peter C. Brown and published by Amberley

From Amazon

Prestwick Airport Through Time by Peter C. Brown and published by Amberley

From Books etc.

Glasgow Airport Through Time by Rob Bowater , RAF Air-To-Air Refueling by Keith Wilson , Boulton Paul Defiant by Alec Brew and all published by Amberley

Martin B-57 Canberra The Complete Record by Robert C. Mikesh and published by Schiffer

From Alley Cat Models

Two 1/48 Harrier 100% LERX for the Hasegawa/Revell kit

From Aldi

Another two from their 1/72 Airfix  A68219 Hunting Jet Provost T.4 Starter Sets offer

From Lidl

Two of each from their 1/72 Airfix  A68213 Folland Gnat and 68217 Willys MB Jeep  Starter Sets offer

I needed some Evergreen type strips in various sizes and shapes.

I found an ad on the bay for four five of each 3mm L, 4mm L and 3mmU, less than two pounds each type & post free.

They arrived today, just what I wanted. So, a big shout out to Dorspring models.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/dorspringmodels

Quick edit. I did a recount this morning. It's five pieces of each, and they react nicely to extra thin.

Edited by Pete in Lincs
Updated
  • Like 5

Last haul of the year (Haha! who am I kidding :drunk:)

From AMS:

1/48 Academy P-38F - much as I like the Tamiya one, this one is less than half the price)

Part Etch 1/48 turnbuckles and horns

Part Etch 1/72 Dauntless bits

Alfred Price's Spitfire Story (finally)

EBay:

1/72 Tojo and Dauntless from one of my preferred stores there - Based in PL which means a good amount of relatively cheap Hasegawa re-releases due to good contacts with Hobby2000. 

Hannant's:

1/48 Hurricane decals by Model Alliance, and two Berna sheets for some African Migs.

Not in the pic: 2ndhand Special Hobby 1/72 A-20B Havoc,  vacform canopy for a heller Fw-190, and an Airwaves Firefly wing fold etch set.

y4mlEqjyi6T9GegChA8W_PyfdfbJMSaiY5UYapVC

• Like 9

On 11/17/2020 at 9:55 PM, Shorty84 said:

My latest purchase, a 3D printed (FDM) AgustaWestland (Leonardo) AW139 in 1/48

That looks seriously good Markus. I had no idea you could get one as a kit. I must look that up.

Living down on the Dorset coast I regularly see the Coastguard AW139 and a couple of years back was on a small dive boat when the Lee on Solent based one lifted 3 (unwell) divers off our boat. Quite an experience!

Thanks

Terry

• Thanks 1

During Lockdown1, the washer went and during Lockdown2 the oven packed up, not the element, which is a ten minute replacement job, but it is completely dead and is not worth repairing. A new one has been ordered and due on Tuesday. A pain but it is quite old and I was half expected it. 

• Sad 2

Turned out xtracrylix pots don’t fit on the nice stand I ordered last week so ordered a different one from the same company that they will fit on, as will a large portion of Humbrol and Revell pots, though I think I shall be keeping Vallejo pots from now on and on the look out for that style of empty pot for sale given the empty space on the first stand 

Went a bit mad in Jumblies sale

- Revell Phantom FGR 2

- AMT Ford Delivery Truck

- AMT GMC Astro Truck

- Rye Field Model Tiger 1

- Rye Field Model Sturmtiger

- Moebius 2001 Discovery (1:144 scale)

A little gutted I found the Rye Field model kits a good bit cheaper elsewhere afterwards and the boxes for mine were a little worn although the packaging was extremely well done.  They are awesome kits though, extremly impressed. The discovery is a big leap given the expense for such a small box, it is my second, I don't think I could contemplate a build for the only kit I have, so this one opens up option to start building it, has been on my wish list for a long time.

• Like 2