What's your latest acquisition Part V ?

Duncan B

Some more second-hand kits picked up on the cheap today, the pick of the bunch being the wondrous AMK L-29 Delfin:

963463-13833-78-720.jpg

Many years ago, I built the ancient and very crude KP kit. I swore to myself that if there were ever a really good kit of the L-29, I would get it, as I like the L-29. This is modern Eduard-standard, and no surprise that Eduard has re-boxed it.

Next, the ancient Hasegawa Heinkel 51, in this very boxing from 1980. Something of a nostalgia purchase, as I've been aware of it since the mid-1980s. The kit builds both landplane and seaplane versions, but I have the former as the much newer ICM kit, so I guess this will get built as the seaplane.

158515-11185-pristine.jpg

And it was a case of "... another day, another Sherman". This time the UM M4(105). I already have their M4(105) HVSS. Both kits have the spare parts to build an M4A3, which was the other basic variant used for the 105mm version.984340-13441-75-pristine.jpg

• Like 2

Few bits and pieces... decals and stencils for a P-47 in the Heller Classic GB, as well as some resin wheels and a ca form canopy that may or may not fit, and some etched rigging for my Drafon arabise.

spacer.png

Edited by TonyOD

Another two volumes of War Planes of World War 2, bombers 7 & 8, plus Finnish Air Force 1939-1972 by Kalevi Keskenin, same seller as before, also The Ship Busters, The Story of RAF Torpedo Bombers, by Ralph Barker. & a Italeri B-57B kit from Modelsforsale, the G kit I had will be sold on as I want to do a B in SEA colours & the G doesn't have the right armourment mix even though it is possible to do a B from it.

Steve.

• Like 1

Height-adjustable office desk for the work from home/modelling space.

And the postie delivered these:

y4mbUklZ84Zh_IN4w6-o6oOUzimtGGs-4F6dLuv9

The Hampden (yes, a second one) is the Valom kit, AZ clear parts & manual in a limited run with extra decal options. And apparently, I was the launch customer for the online store (order number 0001 :P

The Stirling completes the RAF big three, together with the KA-6D at discount from the Italeri website with free delivery.

There's a Horsa in the stash as well, will make a nice pairing.

• Like 4

Two kits for me. 

1. Arma Hobbies Hurricane mk1 tropical 1/72 which looks very nice in the box. 

and 2. An Airfix Gloster Javelin in 1/48 which also looks very nice. Especially the option for the silver aircraft on the decal sheet. 

James

• Like 1

Via eBay

1/48 Monogram A-37 Dragonfly , 1995 release as 5486

Troop Seat sprues for the Revell 1/72 C-54

From The Aviation Book Centre

The Air Staff and the Helicopter and The General Staff and the Helicopter both by Chris Gibson and published by Blue Envoy Press as ProjectTech Profiles

From Anybook.biz

Second-hand copy of Jane’s All The World’s Aircraft 1969/70 for £11.50 including delivery

From Local Newsagent

Another copy of Key Publications Combat Machines No.6 Avro Vulcan , first one had an unfortunate accident with a cup of tea

From Books etc.

BAe 146 ‘Whisperjet’ and The Harrier both by David Oliver and Commercial Aviation in Britain in the 1970s by Malcolm Fife , all published by Amberley

From AOA Decals

48-017 – FAC & BS Bomber Oscar Deuces , USAF/VNA O-2A/B Skymasters in Vietnam

• Like 1

Another second-hand bargain today: A 1976 vintage Frog de Havilland Sea Vixen FAW.2. This is the first ever kit Frog kit I've ever bought as such. All my previous Frog kits have been re-boxes. This must have been one of the very last "true" Frog kits to be produced, replacing an earlier Sea Vixen kit from the 1950s.

145067-11185-pristine.jpg

I did once have this kit in an Eastern Express box, but the mold was in poor condition, and/or the production process was not up to standard. So I disposed of it. Well, the wheel has come full circle. This plastic is in excellent condition. Hell, the decal sheet still had the protective cover film on it. As the box was a bit tatty, I got for just 5 Euro (!!!!). Of course it's nowhere near as good as the Special Hobby tooling (which I have in an Xtrakit box), but it's very nice to have all the same.

As well as four Red Top AAMs and two fuel tanks, the kit also has two rocket pods: 68mm, and therefore not correct for an RN aircraft. But thanks to the new Airfix Phantoms, I now have some spare RN 51mm rocket pods, should I choose to go down that route. Now, I just need a suitable excuse to build this.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, klr said:

Another second-hand bargain today: A 1976 vintage Frog de Havilland Sea Vixen FAW.2. This is the first ever kit Frog kit I've ever bought as such. All my previous Frog kits have been re-boxes. This must have been one of the very last "true" Frog kits to be produced, replacing an earlier Sea Vixen kit from the 1950s.

In the early 1970s lived near a shop that got all of the FROG and Matchbox new releases as they came out but was transferred in 76 and along with family commitments gave up modelling for a couple of years so missed this but bought the Revell re-release in the late 90s and later finished it in RAF Dark Sea Grey/Dark Green over aluminum in 151 Squadron colours as a 'What If the RAF in the 1950s/60s had been run by adults' project after listening to a talk given by a then very senior retired RAF Navigator who had trained on Javelins then flown operationally as an Observer on Sea Vixens and reckoned that there was little to pick between them other than the view.

• Like 3

The 2021 calandar Star Trek Ships of the Line albeit the official US edition.  Has some nice exploded views of the NX-01  SS Enterprise Refit and a Romulan Bird-Of-Prey amongst several other great artworks.

The latest addition to the stash is the superbly detailed Revell USS Voyager

81JikuBSgpL._AC_SX679_.jpg

There is the intention to light this one up too, pretty straight forward with lots of room in the primary & secondary hull sections.

• Like 2

Some more tools. A good friend lost his father,  a keen modeller, last month and asked if I would like some of his equipment and unmade kits. He turned up on Monday evening with a plastic box containing some books, an unused cutting mat and a selection of well used tools including several pin vices, tweezers, a couple of pounce wheels and a pair of Xuron side cutters. This was just a taster he told me, there are a couple of boxes of unmade kits to come.His father worked for Air France and Air Inter So I’m expecting some airliner kits which Max is quite happy for me to swop for something more in my line.

• Like 7