What's your latest acquisition Part V ?

Duncan B

A trip to Halifax Modellers World today netted a KP/AZ Sopwith Triplane that had been ordered and an impulse buy of the SH CCF Goblin, the Canadian built or assembled Grumman FF1. I had the original issue with vacform canopy that was starting to yellow, this looks a much better kit. 

Also in a fit of insanity I bought the Mistercraft Javelin FAW7 from Amazon for very little money. I know it's not great, but looking at it, it could be a lot worse and is buildable with some (OK, lots) of work. 

It's the Frog kit Jim, but not as we know it (with apologies to The Firm and their unforgettable hit 'Star Trekkin') 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A few bits and pieces for my current P-51D projects. The 108Gal drop tanks that come with the Eduard kits don't go together very well so you lose a lot of the detail cleaning them up (at least I did!) so they are for Ridge Runner. Paint masks for the insignia and some seatbelts and canopy masks for the Mengstang.

IMG_7693-M.jpg

Duncan B

• Like 1

- Another Boston, this time a Turbinlite.
One of Lindemann's Follies again, just like the LAM Hampdens. Really, what was that man smoking?

- 2x AZ Tr.9 dual Spit (stuffed in one box)
 - AZ Mk. Vc for the MTO GB maybe

- Heller Loire et Olivier 451, on the cheap because the decals are partly misprinted (but enough usable remains)

y4mgJ5Ws3sq8afwrx2QTlxgeQ5PqJYScGfoOqgGm

• Like 9

A 24 hr heart monitor. It was on New Year's Day that I was referred to Cardiology at Bedford Hospital for the monitor and for obvious reasons, it never happened. It was just a few weeks ago that I ended up in A&E with the ol' ticker skipping every two or three beats and the doctor was not impressed with the lack of progress and lit a rocket under their backsides.

• Like 4

I'm not sure it's anything serious but my main problem is that it seems to be worst at night and it keeps me awake. I have enough trouble sleeping as it is, so I could do without it, to be honest.

Also a few things from Hannants: masks for my Airfix Spitfire and Fujimi FGR.2 and some Xtradecal RAF serial numbers & letters, as they've just come back into stock.

Edited by lasermonkey

Via various eBay sellers

Final 12 issues of Flying Review International , various dates 1963/68 , to complete my collection of the magazine during that phase of its existence which back then were the first aviation magazines I bought but later gave away during a house move although there are some rather tatty examples that I might replace in the future if the price is right.

Bunrin-do Koku Fan Illustrated No.32 – USAF Aircraft 1945 - 1986

From Amazon

Harrier Illustrated by Lou Drendel and printed by Amazon.

From Key Publishing

US Navy & Marine Corps Air Power Yearbook 2020 published by Key

Land Rover Series One  and  Land Rover Series II/IIA both by John Carroll and published by Key , interesting enough but more of an emphasis on preserved and restored vehicles rather than historical images.

• Like 1

- AZ's new F.1 Hornet. I'll wait and hold out for the FR.4 next. 

- RevelloGram F-4J. Raised details, but who cares! It's a very nice kit regardless.

- 1/48 F4U-1A - earmarked for an RNZAF bird.

- Fujimi Aichi D3A1 Val. Turns out to be 1/48 instead of the expected 1/72 as listed. It's fine! Really!

y4mTWWVw3918iW6jnRPx66RApXgMkOV4qnlUUDXi

• Like 8

9 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! :clap2:

How about a book report?

Not too bad. The usual history of the type. Development, production, squadrons, early war combat, what other countries built/used it. 

One issue I have is the caption of a photo. On pane 19, 3rd photo down, it reads " The Canadian president,The Right Honorable W.L. Mackenzie King, inspect Lysanders ".

Since when does Canada have a president? We have a Prime Minister! Always have.

I have sent a message to Valiant and got a reply yesterday, stating they would fix that if/when they print anymore.

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

To read;

SAM_8964

I've already started to read the bio of Theresa May's premiership; I've reached for the whisky a couple of times.

Fans of Peter Robinson will nod sagely and say Ay up, and settle contentedly with their own copy of the book; and the story of how people like Fuchs betrayed their own side is always fascinating.

To listen to while reading,

SAM_8963

the latest Pineapple Thief album, and some good old thrash from Metallica with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra, a follow up to the first such collaboration 20 years ago!

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 2

Naughty week for me...

some new tamiya extra thin (and a stand cos I keep knocking it over)

white UMP primer (probably more cost effective for b&w pre-shading then normal acryllic white)

3x MiG paints

MiniArt 1/3 Pz III ausf d/B (just because I like the look of the version with extra tracks and boxes on the rear)

Tamiya 1/35 Wespe (old kit) plus Aber photo etch, New COnnections barrel and Modelkasten tracks (best find I have from ebay)

Remember my thread asking for 1/48 advice on the Aircraft Modelling-Modern about F-35 B's ... I scored well I think

Wow, when bidding knew I would be getting add-ons, but skim read description mostly and put in a bid and forgot about it ... lo and behold I won ... chuffed to bits.

Almost overwhelming amount of add on stuff came with this kit when opening the well packaged parcel ... my jaw dropped as I realised just how much I'd idly bidded on and won!!

I'll try use as much as I can when building this, but double over stuff like wheel's, decals and more, want to build an RAF F-35 ... fictional or not and I seem to have everything in this package to do that with more left over for a US version too maybe in the future ... really have grown to like the F-35's after initial dislike. Will build it all doors open, diorama probably.

B0XMXaM.jpg

aJJgz5r.jpg

N3EMIiA.jpg

Ue8cwJR.jpg

4kRKwgD.jpg

• Like 5

I chanced upon an Airfix 1/72 Spitfire Mk I/II on eBay for  a very reasonable buy it now price, so I did! That boxing doesn't come up anywhere near as often as it used to and while this will be my nineteenth new tool Airfix Spit, it'll only be my fifth I/II. It's the early Mk I version that I wanted this for.

• Like 3