Zoukei Mura F-4C - Euro One Scheme

Greg B

Here is my entry for the GB. The ZM F-4C:

main03.jpg

I intend to build it as Robin Old's mount, 64-0829. However, not in its most common guise from the War, rather how it was finished before retiring to the USAF Museum:

Photo.php?16834

Using the Caracal Decal sheet:

cd48038profiles3.jpg

From looking at the kit, I'm going to swap the seats out for a resin set and use the ZM etch, manufactured by Eduard for the cockpit.

• Like 9

welcome along Greg and I'm sooo jealous!!!

I've been drooling over these models for a while now but am holding out (and hoping) for the F-4E release......I may end up buying quite a few of them!

Am really interested in seeing how this model builds up as I've heard so many good things.

I like the choice for the scheme as well and glad someone is doing a Vietnam Vet. scheme.

Well good luck with the build, I'm sure there'll be lots of interest in this one!

• Like 1

I have not done a Phantom since a couple of Hasegawa's back at the turn of the century,I need to try one of these,will follow yours either interest.

• Like 1

Just digging into the web for images and I’ve found some better images. It was also in the Florida ANG in the wraparound SEA scheme. Anyway, the airframes in the Euro One scheme is not pristine, bare metal around the intakes and on the tank noses. The paint is also weathered and stained, so this should be interesting to replicate

F-4C-64-0829-01.jpg?ssl=1

• Like 6

Man oh man. how lucky are you to have scored one of these? A guy offered to sell me one in exchange for six human kidneys and state's secrets. But the what he wanted for shipping was just outrageous, so I had to say no.

I'm very eager to watch you build this.

• Haha 4

First thoughts are that it is a really nice kit. Lots of detail and well thought out for the engineering aspects and the instructions. I've started on the external tanks, engines and cockpit areas. 

The black marks on the plastic are from the Gunze Mr Hobby glue I'm using for the first time. It has a black dye added that helps when applying as you can see where it has reached with the capillary action.  It also helps with the sanding afterwards, when the black goes, you have got a nice level surface and will just see a feint black line from the joint.

The internal intakes have required a bit of plastic card on the external surfaces. The surface areas available to glue for the halves are very thin and therefore I have had some splitting issues when sanding. The card just reinforces the joints.

The instrument panels and sides have had the surface detail removed to prep for the Eduard etch.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 11

the idea with the dye in the glue is great!!

I do like the detail I've seen in the parts so far.

I see my dream request has been answered as well!!!!!!!  :yahoo:  ZM's 1/48th F-4E, the early version, will be released at the end of the month!!!!! Plus they have listed all the future versions as well......have started making room in the stash already!!! I can see at least 4 being added initially! :D

https://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/products/sws48_10_f4e-early.html

●F-4E Early: Released in Japan on August 29!

●F-4EJ Kai (Retirement Commemoration Marking): Planned release at the end of 2020 or early 2021

●F-4G: Planned release in Summer 2021

●F-4E Late: Release date TBD

●F-4FRelease date TBD

●F-4EJRelease date TBD

●F-4F/ICERelease date TBD

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not much more to show at the moment other than the initial build of the cockpit is together and has just been primed in black (leaving it to dry overnight before photos). The drop tanks have been tidied up and the wheel wells installed into the lower wings.

ZM%204-4C%20Initial%20(1%20of%206).jpg

ZM%204-4C%20Initial%20(2%20of%206).jpg

ZM%204-4C%20Initial%20(3%20of%206).jpg

ZM%204-4C%20Initial%20(4%20of%206).jpg

ZM%204-4C%20Initial%20(5%20of%206).jpg

ZM%204-4C%20Initial%20(6%20of%206).jpg

• Like 9

Hi.

Out of interest, what ordinance is supplied as standard with kit?

I have the 1/32 ZM skyraider, and then had to buy the weapon pack  (think I found last one in the world). Not a nice feeling after splashing out.

I believe the latest offerings (of the raider) include the weapon pack for free.

Wonder if they may have learnt a lesson

Paul

1 hour ago, diases said:

Hi.

I have the 1/32 ZM skyraider, and then had to buy the weapon pack  (think I found last one in the world). Not a nice feeling after splashing out.

I believe the latest offerings (of the raider) include the weapon pack for free.

Paul

Just the Air to Air usuals of Sidewinder (multiple types) and Sparrow.

got it does look nice

14 hours ago, diases said:

Hi.

Paul

Ooo oooo.....which set was it and do you want to sell the leftovers!!!???!!!??? :D I know what you mean trying to find one of these sets! I've even offered up my first born as part trade and still haven't had a reply!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A bit further on. The cockpit tub has been primed with Gaia Notes Evo primer. I had a pair of Aires seats so they have been pressed into service. The cockpit coaming and backseater's IP have had some lead wire added to represent the instrument cabling. On the cards for tomorrow is some further priming and spraying the cockpit tub in Dark Gull Gray - FS 36231

ZM%204-4C%20Initial%20(7%20of%2014).jpg

ZM%204-4C%20Initial%20(8%20of%2014).jpg

ZM%204-4C%20Initial%20(9%20of%2014).jpg

ZM%204-4C%20Initial%20(10%20of%2014).jpg

ZM%204-4C%20Initial%20(11%20of%2014).jpg

ZM%204-4C%20Initial%20(12%20of%2014).jpg

ZM%204-4C%20Initial%20(13%20of%2014).jpg

ZM%204-4C%20Initial%20(14%20of%2014).jpg

• Like 12

Check for clearance with the resin bang seats, the raised area for the ZM seats might make the resin ones sit too high, I had to chisel the mounting blocks off the cockpit floor to get my resin seats (Aires) to fit at the correct height.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Check for clearance with the resin bang seats, the raised area for the ZM seats might make the resin ones sit too high, I had to chisel the mounting blocks off the cockpit floor to get my resin seats (Aires) to fit at the correct height.

Good tip Bob, thanks. I'll check that later.

• Like 1