Tweedy Bird A-37B Dragonfly...The Finale!

Triet Cam

The exhaust cones area got the burnt look with Tamiya weathering pastels on top of MM buffing burnt steel. Shown on the fuselage are the squadron's shooting stars signature. Their Skyraiders also carried similar bands also. I cut out individual stars from an old micro scale Skyraider sheet. It worked out ok. But this is the only way to do it right. Other decal makers got this band all wrong. Behind the band is the painted static discharger bullseye, I think. The yellow dot in front is the ground symbol, painted of course. 

50372809687_62af4be285_b.jpg

The tail end details. The whip antennas were from Albion Alloys 0.1mm wire. I would've liked to use the 0.2mm but didn't have any. That would be a little better scale. The pitot tube is alum alloy tube with a pin insert. There are 2 clear light domes at the very tail end. This plane got a lot of lights.

50372649661_4b2c922de6_b.jpg

Those rivets kind of show quite a contrast effect. I never seen this before. No wash was applied. What you see is the natural shadows. Usually they get covered up in paints, with a small lump barely visible.

Edited by Triet Cam
  • Like 5

The front end. The headlights got an upgrade with MV lens, my last one. The cover was from a piece of clear rod I filed to fit the opening. Same with the gun camera window. Once I filed them down, it's just a matter of polishing with Tamiya compounds.

50371946623_91c27e7848_c.jpg

The gun tube was scratch built with alum tubing. The kit's piece wasn't useable anyway. You can also see the louvers that I replaced using Archer's train HO scale decal louvers.

50372810182_a7f7d7494a_z.jpg

Edited by Triet Cam
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Just caught this wonderful build thread today.
I’ve spotted Triet’s models for quite some times on the internet as I’m also very interested in VNAF subjects.

I particularly admire Triet’s dedication to the subject, his attention to details and his modelling skills.

Welcome to britmodeller and give us more 👏

Cheers,

Quang

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

truly stunning!!!  :worthy:

I do have to apologise first though, I some how completely missed the posts with the final photos! :wall:

The quality of work here is exceptional, same goes with the attention to detail. Well done a model to be very proud of!.

I am so glad you could join us here, I do hope you enjoyed the build, was a pleasure to follow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

truly stunning!!!  :worthy:

I do have to apologise first though, I some how completely missed the posts with the final photos! :wall:

The quality of work here is exceptional, same goes with the attention to detail. Well done a model to be very proud of!.

I am so glad you could join us here, I do hope you enjoyed the build, was a pleasure to follow.

Hey no big deal. It was fun to participate GB with you guys. Hope to do another one, but need to shake out the modeling funk first. It always happened after a build. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...