A couple of Phant-nams

Dansk

looking forward to this GB, hopefully I can finish this one, my track record is getting worse. 

This little lady is winging its way to me 🤗

Perhaps the phantom will be a popular choice in this GB?

I think it will be an exciting chance to try some tricky metallic work at the rear and I love the Phantom in SEA schemes.

spacer.png

I’ll enliven it with just a touch of AM mainly this....

50223244237_1cec6cf94e_b.jpg

and a montex canopy mask 😷 

Hope it fits in my display cabinet The phantom is a big beast in 1/48!

Edited by Dansk
  • Like 13

Oh very nice!!!!  :thumbsup:

The Academy model is meant to be a really nice model (much better than the old Hasegawa beast), I've got a B & J in the stash......and I like the Yahu IP's, will have to get me some.

You can have a lot of fun with the paint job, the tropical climate was very hard on paint finishers.

Looking forward to following this build, good luck with her.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Got one of these in the stash so I'm really interested to see how it goes together, especially knowing how good a modeller you are.

I'm  looking forward to this paul , it'll be good I'm  sure ,craig ,this one is taking up wardrobe space in my house too😋 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hewy said:

There is a back to my wardrobe, mine doesn't lead to a wintry wonderland😋, not yet anyway

The only reason you can't see the wintry wonderland at the back of your wardrobe is because of all the kits stacked in the way! At least I have enough room for a small fawn to squeeze through, just.

• Haha 2

Thanks chaps.

The kit and goodies just arrived and it looks great. The yahu IP looks a much better colour match than my past experiences with eduard’s interiors.

Not sure about the tri-colour sprues though (ala matchbox in the 70’s) on the academy kit, wonder why they do that?

• Like 2

On 8/21/2020 at 5:49 AM, trickyrich said:

you know the urge is only one mouse click away!!! :D

Else you'll be think later on...."oh why didn't I listen to everyone and buy them!!!"  :D

not listening not listening not listening  :lalala:

And we’re off! :yahoo:

Not much to report so far-

The basic tub parts have been assembled, together with the nose gear bay it sits on and the superstructure of the Ejection Seats. I’m not a fan of academy’s black, white and grey plastic sprues, also some of the fitment is a little ‘vague’ so far. 

The IP and side consoles have had also their relief all sanded off ready to accept the yahu PE.

50256304027_cf59cab8dd_b.jpg

And all this has been treated to a coat of ak black primer.

50256124066_4c7d8753d5_b.jpg

I’ll throw some grey paint around next round.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

The seats and office of the Phant-nam have had paint today and the Yahu PE installed .

A coat of gloss has been applied to the tub ready for a dirty wash - hence it being wet in the shot below)

50259638127_036f1fe031_h.jpg

The cockpit grey is a match as close as I could get to the Yahu PE, but seems quite dark to me now after the gloss coat. I think the detail in the kit seats is quite nice though when it’s brought out with a dry brush.

50259450521_942b8d0086_h.jpg

Edited by Dansk
  • Like 4