4 minutes ago, wimbledon99 said:

Hi Dennis, I feel the need to go and buy one of these now! :cool:

Just be careful with cantilever struts and landing gear. Those were the real tricky bits, and my plastic didn't like glues of any kind when mounting these. Otherwise Tamiya's extra thin is fine. The tail wheel broke early on so i just drilled out the tail end and glued it in tonight. I kind of feel like doing one now in 1/48 so I need to find the Roden kit ? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Well as somebody who has read quite a bit on the Ravens Dennis I have to say that I really like your Bird Dog, a fitting tribute to some very brave and often overlooked young men.

Very well done mate.

Thanks Craig My only wish would be a modern tooling with better mounting points for struts, landing gear, and some clearer canopies. 

• Like 2

arrr this rotten software...... I had posted something here but it seems it didn't post!!! :undecided:

ok 2nd try, great job on her Dennis, she looks great. :thumbsup:

I just remembered my father built one of these when they first came out.

I do remember that the U/c on the model was very fragile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Morning everybody... Well Ive done the last antenna and Im going to call this one done.
vVB1Frr.jpg

vLT8a4Y.jpg

aPMOG0V.jpg

I’d like to thank @trickyrich and @modelling minion for the fun build and maybe if Im lucky I can find something else to build. 

Dennis

RFI: https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235079960-raven-two-seven-nine-nine-laos-1971/

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...