Hello everyone.... I spent a couple of hours on this today. The cantilever struts are a smidge to long so had to modify the fuselage to get them to work. Once that was done I closed up the whole thing by adding the glass, then upper wing, and finally the tail empennage. 3mJkmaw.jpg
I also built up the LAU pods and two marking FFAR’s. Though mine doesn't show them ive seen plenty of Birddog’s with them. Im opting to hang one outboard of each LAU pod. 

9grM93r.jpg

RNEVBpb.jpg

I filed the antenna insulator’s on the horizontal stabs down a little bit, then I sawed a groove into each one. I will add fine wire into the grooves and that will give me those two antenna. I did break off the tail wheel but will drill and C/A that back on post paint. kgKwzHS.jpg

Next stage is to mask and paint the ADC Grey and antiglare panel. Does anyone have any photo’s of Raven birddog’s from above ? Did these have a walkway, or markings of any kind on top of the wing ?  Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Next stage is to mask and paint the ADC Grey and antiglare panel. Does anyone have any photo’s of Raven birddog’s from above ? Did these have a walkway, or markings of any kind on top of the wing ?  

So I posted the question up in aviation and in the chat area.

These have a red walkway or ID stripe going across the entire length of the upper wing from port to starboard. Good to know and I will be adding that feature to the paint scheme. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, CliffB said:

An inspired choice Dennis :thumbsup2:

Morning Cliff.. Thank you. 

Sprayed the ADC Grey and black tonight.

mJq3GS9.jpg

D8702UG.jpg

jLhFxs2.jpg

VwTxYTI.jpg

XWpZiE9.jpg

Will let this cure while I work on my Spitfire IXe. Sometime over the weekend I need to spray yellow on the spitfire and mustang builds and I will do the international orange stripe for this at that time. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 6

Hello everyone...I painted the stripe which went mostly well. I need to touch up the grey now as the tape wasn't even on the rear of the stripe. And for some reason the Tamiya tape glue reacted to the paint on the starboard leading edge ? The paint became a gummy mess, otherwise Im happy. I see this wrapping up by next weekend. VQJyFs4.jpg

IJd5KeL.jpg

2ENp31z.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, wimbledon99 said:

Drives me nuts when unexpected reactions occur between differing products / brands :angrysoapbox.sml:

Hope you get it sorted OK!

Yeah tonight is one of the few days I can stay up all night and work, so I will relax now and re-spray the grey tonight. I need to do some invasion stripes for a Mk.IX Spitfire, and other bits for a Mustang Mk.IV. A retouch of grey will just be an extra 20 minutes to mask, mix, and spray. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Good job on the stripe Dennis, i can see how the red stripe would have been very helpful in making the FAC visible from the air.

Ah yes, the marathon decal session. 😁

Yeah it definitely would help on visibility, I actually have four builds to decal. This one, a Spitfire Mk.IXe, Mustang Mk.IV, and my Tuck B.o.B. Hurricane. There will be a couple done by next weekend. 

• Like 2

Good Morning everyone... I had a sad day so needed to take something off my mind, my best friends mom passed and I went to her memorial today. Somebody Ive known for 41 years and it was hard to deal with. So I Pulled another all nighter tonight to focus away from the day. I decal’d three of four builds on my desk. This was one of them, the others were a Spitfire Mk.IX, Mustang Mk.IV, and my Tuck Hurricane in the Battle of Britain build.

wSjrfqh.jpg

Weapons and prop are done and will be hung soon. 

bV311f2.jpg

cibjZg5.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Triet Cam said:

That's a lot of fire power for a little plane. Very nicely done 

Truth be told I doubt the wings were stressed for the LAU’s. The rockets yes but the LAU’s not sure. Im only mounting them because some Cowboy in 71 did it for the photo, so why not reproduce the photo. It looks kool and scary as all hell so a bonus. 

• Haha 1

Morning everyone... Well short the one antenna on top of the wing this one is done. I will add the antenna to the top of the wing tomorrow when the glue is dry and set. Well I’ll be honest Im happy this one is done. The landing gear took me about 90 minutes to get to set and It was a few minutes short of flying into a bin. I had to drill the fuselage to get the legs to sit at the right angle. If I hadn't the tires would have stood on the edge not the flats. So I present Raven 2799 October 1971 Laos when I was just two months old. Ye51kDr.jpg

3SYv4jW.jpg

QYjqCMV.jpg

me8mokd.jpg

PRxjrKA.jpg

Please fell free to ask questions, post comments, and or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 3