You're cleared in hot - OV-10 Bronco

Enzo the Magnificent

Although USAF and later USN Broncos were painted overal light grey, they weren't in the same grey.

USAF aircraft were painted in FS16473 ADC Grey.    I used Xtracrylix XA1138,

spacer.png

Later USN Black Ponies aircraft were painted in FS16440 Light Gull Grey.   I used Xtracylix XA1137 sprayed in a number of very thin coats to prevent puddling.

spacer.png

the USMC Cherry Six aircraft were painted with FS34097 Field Green uppersurfaces and FS16440 Light Gull Grey lowersurfaces.   I used Mr Hobby H340 and Xtracrylix XA1137 respectively.

spacer.png

The Cherry Six and USAF aircraft were used in the FAC role, which explains the white areas on their uppersurfaces.  The Black Ponies were employed in the light attack role - a role in which they were very successful!

• Like 6

gee you have been busy! They're looking great now with some paint on.

Plus have you and the Admin lot been fiddling with the forum software???

It all looks a wee bit different....and I see you've got a wee shield.....to help herd/fight off all the cats in the coming Bumfight!! :D  You know that's not going to work!!!!  :tomato:

Hi Rich,

Yes they have made some changes - bit like the local supermarkets, once you know where everything is they move it to confuse you. No doubt it will be fine once we get used to it - I had to ask Mike how to find the "edit" button!.

From the position of the "shield" as you call it on Enzo's Avatar, I can't work out if it is meant to be the equivalent of a cricket "box", a sporran or a codpiece! The placement is a little confusing😆!

Pete

Edited by PeterB

21 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

Plus have you and the Admin lot been fiddling with the forum software???

It all looks a wee bit different....and I see you've got a wee shield

Scheduled forum software update.    You may notice that you have a shield as well.   It indicates a forum moderator.  Sadly, it's not made of vibranium. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, PeterB said:

I had to ask Mike how to find the "edit" button!.

Me too!   :lol:     I bet its driving @Mike mad!     It certainly drives me mad when I have to deal with similar queries at work.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Scheduled forum software update.    You may notice that you have a shield as well.   It indicates a forum moderator.  Sadly, it's not made of vibranium. 

Oooohhhhhhh super cool!!!! i didn't see that. :D

Super Rich with his shield of Resin ready to wreck havoc in the GB's!!!!  :yahoo:

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, PeterB said:

Hi Rich,

Yes they have made some changes - bit like the local supermarkets, once you know where everything is they move it to confuse you. No doubt it will be fine once we get used to it - I had to ask Mike how to find the "edit" button!.

From the position of the "shield" as you call it on Enzo's Avatar, I can't work out if it is meant to be the equivalent of a cricket "box", a sporran or a codpiece! The placement is a little confusing😆!

Pete

Well it's a small Codpiece for sure!!! :rofl2:

6 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

Oooohhhhhhh super cool!!!! i didn't see that. :D

Super Rich with his shield of Resin ready to wreck havoc in the GB's!!!!  :yahoo:

Given the apparent location of our respective "shields", maybe we should reconsider our avatars...   :lol:  

• Haha 3

• 2 months later...

NICE!!!! :thumbsup:

Well done mate, they look fantastic together! As Craig mentioned, it's great to see the variations al together.

Again right down to the wire, but a 100% success rate, well done.

Arrr is that wee yellow mark in all those photos on your backdrop or in your camera?

20 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

Arrr is that wee yellow mark in all those photos on your backdrop or in your camera?

:D   It's on the backdrop.    I would turn the backdrop over but the other side is worse!  :wall:  

It used to be easy to replace them.  I would just go to the local card shop which had an art supplies section in the back.  They had everything I needed.  Brushes, oil paints, artists acrylics, card sheets, copydex... and you could even buy birthday cards.  You name it, they had it.   Sadly a couple of years ago they were bought out by a well known high street chain, which I won't name.  I will say that they have a yellow and blue logo. This chain is rubbish:fraidnot:     Despite claiming that they stock art supplies, they don't really.  And despite claiming that they will order things for you, they are rubbish at that at well.  They are all too willing to take a 50% deposit but then they take literally months before they finally come back to you to tell you that they cannot get the item in.  Then they don't refund the deposit but give you shop credit.  This is invariably for something I could order off the internet and have it delivered in three days.

It's not the internet that is killing the high street.  It's the pathetic indifference of the major chains.  :angry: 

I've just looked at the website of this chain.  They have a huge banner stating SALE!  EVERYTHING MUST GO!   Underneath there is a disclaimer stating "Selected lines only".

So...   it's not actually everything is it, you dullards?!?!?!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

:D   It's on the backdrop.    I would turn the backdrop over but the other side is worse!  :wall:  

It used to be easy to replace them.  I would just go to the local card shop which had an art supplies section in the back.  They had everything I needed.  Brushes, oil paints, artists acrylics, card sheets, copydex... and you could even buy birthday cards.  You name it, they had it.   Sadly a couple of years ago they were bought out by a well known high street chain, which I won't name.  I will say that they have a yellow and blue logo. This chain is rubbish:fraidnot:     Despite claiming that they stock art supplies, they don't really.  And despite claiming that they will order things for you, they are rubbish at that at well.  They are all too willing to take a 50% deposit but then they take literally months before they finally come back to you to tell you that they cannot get the item in.  Then they don't refund the deposit but give you shop credit.  This is invariably for something I could order off the internet and have it delivered in three days.

It's not the internet that is killing the high street.  It's the pathetic indifference of the major chains.  :angry: 

I've just looked at the website of this chain.  They have a huge banner stating SALE!  EVERYTHING MUST GO!   Underneath there is a disclaimer stating "Selected lines only".

So...   it's not actually everything is it, you dullards?!?!?!

so do you now feel better now for getting that off you chest? :D

But i know what you mean.

2 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

so do you now feel better now for getting that off you chest? :D

I do.  But it's only a matter of time before another rant comes along...  :D

• Haha 2