You're cleared in hot - OV-10 Bronco

Enzo the Magnificent

5 hours ago, trickyrich said:

maybe not this year but I do have to get the new KH 1/32nd version though I can't seem to make my mind up for either the A/C or D model.

Awwwww, come on!!!!  You walked right into that one...  :rofl:

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the cockpit section fitted into the nacelle.   The Bronco is a notorious tail-sitter, so I have packed the area behind the cockpit with window lead strip being carfull to keep it all forward of the undercarriage attachment points.  The main wheel is further aft than where the undercarriage leg mounts in the booms, so I'm hoping to give myself a bit of wiggle room there.  We'll see...

spacer.png

the do it again.  and again.

spacer.png

As you can see, the sponson assembly doesn't fit well, leaving a big gap.  However it is easy to fill. 

spacer.png

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Patrick Martin said:

A little off topic ... but has anyone seen a photo of how the gun bays on the OV-10A Bronco open?  Was thinking of opening one up to exposed the guns and ammo...

PM

Not off topic in the slightest!  :thumbsup: 

Have a look at the video I posted earlier in this thread.  At about the 9:45 point there is footage of the sponsons with the upper surface open.

4 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Here is the cockpit section fitted into the nacelle.   The Bronco is a notorious tail-sitter, so I have packed the area behind the cockpit with window lead strip being carfull to keep it all forward of the undercarriage attachment points.  The main wheel is further aft than where the undercarriage leg mounts in the booms, so I'm hoping to give myself a bit of wiggle room there.  We'll see...

spacer.png

the do it again.  and again.

spacer.png

As you can see, the sponson assembly doesn't fit well, leaving a big gap.  However it is easy to fill. 

spacer.png

You are crazy! :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

heart to see the Enzo production line is up and running at full speed!

They look great and just raise the desire to buy a big one!!

Enzo crazy!!!!!!  Nah....just completely bonkers! :D

On 9/5/2020 at 10:31 PM, modelling minion said:

I think there is supposed to be a new 1/48 kit coming out soon, its long overdue and would be very popular.

Supposedly a company called HazMAT Models will be releasing it....gosh knows when....but it'll be on the shopping list for sure....if not I may have to go 1/32nd! :D

• Like 2

Enzo, keep taking the pills! I'll keep an eye on this build.

Testors did a 1/48th Bronco. A reboot of the mid sixties Hawk original. 

Not a bad kit. Nice parts fit, but needs added detail.

https://www.scalemates.com/topics/topic.php?id=3824

26 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Enzo, keep taking the pills! I'll keep an eye on this build.

Testors did a 1/48th Bronco. A reboot of the mid sixties Hawk original. 

Not a bad kit. Nice parts fit, but needs added detail.

https://www.scalemates.com/topics/topic.php?id=3824

I built the 1987-88 release of the kit by Testors, I would love to build another but they're rare as 🦄💩 now. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I built the 1987-88 release of the kit by Testors, I would love to build another but they're rare as 🦄💩 now. 

I just checked the bay. We have four coming up this week this side of the pond. Postage to the States would be silly though.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Testors-1-48-Scale-OV-10A-Bronco-Model-Kit/164367319241?hash=item26450e40c9:g:JLUAAOSwiKpfUVoj

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

It's been more than a month since I updated this thread.  Thankfully there have been some developments.

I built a few ejection seats.

spacer.png

Then installed them into the cockpits and added the transparancies.   The thrasnparencies were pased with a combination of Eduared masks and ordinary masking tape.

All were themn primed with my usual grey auto primer from a rattle can.

spacer.png

On to the main painting.  Here I had to be a bit careful as the Black Ponies aircraft has underwing pylons.   I didn't want to go spraying it the wrong colour.

spacer.png

• Like 3