1/72 Heller . Dragon Rapide for my Jersey Airport Apron diorama.

Hi Laurie

I'm in, got a couple left in the stash one Heller and on Rareplanes Vacform, which I bought last week.  I have built this kit before and it is a wonderful kit.  There is a photo Etch set for these but another BMer was looking for some recently without any joy either.   

Good luck with your build

Chris

35 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi Laurie

I'm in, got a couple left in the stash one Heller and on Rareplanes Vacform, which I bought last week.  I have built this kit before and it is a wonderful kit.  There is a photo Etch set for these but another BMer was looking for some recently without any joy either.   

Good luck with your build

Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks for looking in.

I had a good scout around but apart the the wing struts nothing at all.

Thanks on a better wicket than a Mach2 that is for sure.Mach 2 the bails were always off.

Laurie

• Like 1

It's a very nice kit, Laurie - I built one in BEA colours a few years back and it went together really nicely. Certainly a nice palette cleanser after that Mach 2 kit! 

Incidentally, it was Whirlybirds that did a detail set for this kit - the set includes decals for two Dragon Rapides operated by British European Airways during the 1950’s, specifically G-AFEZ and –AGSH. Did either of those operate out of Jersey? A small etched brass fret has a new instrument panel, cockpit trim wheel and two tiny propellers for the optional wing-mounted electrical generators. Rounding out the set are three resin parts – two engine fronts and a DF loop aerial teardrop mount.

I didn't realise the Xtradecals sheet had Swissair markings - I'll have to get a set for my Swissair collection! Gives me an excuse to do another Heller kit. 😎

Edited by Paul Bradley

28 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

This will fall together compared to the Mach 2 Viscount.  Yes there doesn't seem to be any of the other PE around at mo.

The other one has the cockpit details and IP

Chris

Not to worried about the PE Chris. There is a lot of interest in the model itself .

Rare for me to deviate from 1/48. I then PE all that I can get.

Laurie

27 minutes ago, Paul Bradley said:

It's a very nice kit, Laurie - I built one in BEA colours a few years back and it went together really nicely. Certainly a nice palette cleanser after that Mach 2 kit! 

Incidentally, it was Whirlybirds that did a detail set for this kit - the set includes decals for two Dragon Rapides operated by British European Airways during the 1950’s, specifically G-AFEZ and –AGSH. Did either of those operate out of Jersey? A small etched brass fret has a new instrument panel, cockpit trim wheel and two tiny propellers for the optional wing-mounted electrical generators. Rounding out the set are three resin parts – two engine fronts and a DF loop aerial teardrop mount.

I didn't realise the Xtradecals sheet had Swissair markings - I'll have to get a set for my Swissair collection! Gives me an excuse to do another Heller kit. 😎

When I have finished Paul you can have the Swissair stuff. Just let me have your address.

Laurie

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Moa said:

I posted that info on my recent builds, ts ts, not paying attention aren't we?

SBS Model set.

Correct it is Wednesday you see Moa. My brain goes into low near shutdown mode. Tomorrow hibernation is complete for another week. :yahoo:

Laurie 😞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moa said:

Another beautiful civil Dragon Rapide in BM!

We trust you with it, it will be surely lovely.

Aren't they great?

Trust me oh heck such optimism Moa

Laurie

4 hours ago, LaurieS said:

Thankee kindly Old Man. How old man ? Mee thinkee me 82 in November. :yahoo:

Laurie

You are senior between us, Sir. Guess I'm coming in at the middle, but you are building models to match that photograph?

1 hour ago, Old Man said:

You are senior between us, Sir. Guess I'm coming in at the middle, but you are building models to match that photograph?

Hmm that is very nice.. Now com-on your age. Will not tell any one else :yahoo:

Laurie