Where to find good Alpha Jet Scale plans?

Hoops

Good morning,

I just picked up an old Heller Alpha Jet kit in 1/72 and I'd like to go about rescribing the panel lines. A good set of scale plans/line drawings would be very helpful for that.

Those that I've scrounged up online are all significantly lacking, where can I find some good ones?

Cheers and thanks!

Hoops

16 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

This any good?

best,

M.

Thanks M, but that's one of the ones that I had already looked at. The dogtooth on the leading edge of the wing is way too far outboard, the panel lines on the top of the wing are not very accurate either. The other ones I have found from "Plastic Kits Revue" suffer from the same problems.  I only got that far before deciding it might be better to look for another source.

Cheers,

Hoops

9 hours ago, uncletommy said:

How bout this one?

That's actually the same artwork as what @cmatthewbacon posted, just rearranged. Thank you for the help though.

59 minutes ago, JayBee said:

AFAIK know the Heller Alphs Jet is based on the Alpha Jet Prototype. The wing profile is different as well as the sawtooth.

See my comment here and the picture to compare the difference.

I think that the two different sets of scale plans that I've found are also "heavily influenced" by the prototype. The Heller kit matches up with them, both include the leading edge landing lights and the dogtooth is further outboard.

When you say that the wing profile is different, what is different about it? I'll probably only ever build one Alpha jet, so I'll try to get it right.

This is from the other set I had found, but it has all the same errors:

50219192488_a08d4227b5_o.jpgalpha_jet_011 by J Hooper, on Flickr

11 hours ago, Hoops said:

Good morning,

I just picked up an old Heller Alpha Jet kit in 1/72 and I'd like to go about rescribing the panel lines. A good set of scale plans/line drawings would be very helpful for that.

Those that I've scrounged up online are all significantly lacking, where can I find some good ones?

I remember from the eighties that Modell Fan published nice Alpha Jet line drawings to illustrate some special schemes. Maybe those could work. I found an index and extracted the following:

- A-Jet    04/75-04, 04/75-16, 06/81-36

- A-Jet 25 J JaboG 43    05/86-29
- A-Jet 25J JaboG 41    09/86-29

- A-Jet JaboG 49 Abschied    08/95-08

- Tarnanstriche - A-Jet    01/86-12

The issued that I have are in storage, so I can't help with scans.

Rob

12 hours ago, Rob de Bie said:

I remember from the eighties that Modell Fan published nice Alpha Jet line drawings to illustrate some special schemes. Maybe those could work. I found an index and extracted the following:

- A-Jet    04/75-04, 04/75-16, 06/81-36

- A-Jet 25 J JaboG 43    05/86-29
- A-Jet 25J JaboG 41    09/86-29

- A-Jet JaboG 49 Abschied    08/95-08

- Tarnanstriche - A-Jet    01/86-12

The issued that I have are in storage, so I can't help with scans.

Rob

Thanks Rob,

I'll see if maybe I can track some of those down. If all else fails, I'll just have to approximate them.

Cheers,

Hoops