Hello

Shermanvc

A belated hello... as have been a member 5 years, though it seems I never put a hello here... and tbh over the last 5 years, I have posted very little.

I confess, I only work in 1 to 1 scale, and my current project is the complete rebuild to serviceable condition of a Sherman VC (Firefly Tank).

Lurking here purely because I know many modellers have a great passion for attention to detail and fine research, so often there are useful photos and references which are of help.

My project can be found here... www.facebook.com/t289477

I have a huge stack of Firefly parts now... perhaps 97% of the bits... and most are original, including an A57 multibank engine... it's just a matter of having the time and money to put it all back together.

Happy to chat Firefly any time.

Cheers

Tim

• Like 2

An extremely belated :welcome: to the site Tim.  Shame on you for not scaling down a bit ;) That project of yours looks pretty complex.  When do you think you'll be done?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mike said:

An extremely belated :welcome: to the site Tim.  Shame on you for not scaling down a bit ;) That project of yours looks pretty complex.  When do you think you'll be done?

I started collecting parts about 6 years ago. I think another 3 or 4 years are likely... though of course it wont be "done" at that point, maybe 99% there. and that may not include the multibank engine.

A lot of people see the Firefly as a Sherman with 17pdr gun... infact other than the hull, turret, and power train, the whole of the rest of the vehicle is pretty much a British Mod.

I have been fortunate to track down some of the vehicle history, so will restore to the markings of Canadian Governor General Foot Guards with whom the vehicle ended the war.

Tim

Edited by Shermanvc
sperling erroer
  • Like 5